New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 16/11/2022 15:23

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:23

Content has been removed.

JVB66 replied on 16/11/2022 15:27

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:36 by SteveL

I would imagine we are like a lot of others. Happy enough to remain members, because it means we can use sites that we like. The way the new system was introduced was ridiculously unprofessional, however it is working well enough now to service our needs. Price wise I don’t see them as much different to a lot of other offerings. Some are less, some more and of course there are T&C’s to consider. The C&CC is only cheaper due to age related discount. Who knows if that will continue. What is certain, is that the loss of the clubs USP won’t make them our default provider  as in the past. It is therefore extremely likely we will be using them less than in previous years.

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:27

We will definitely be using less of this clubs sites next year ,normally we would have already b looked a tour and be looking at the next ,but at our age and medical needs we are not prepared. to be fined just because we may need to adjust or cancel part or all of a tour at short notice 

The removal of this clubs USP has now made it a case of book at short notice or use alternative (cheaper ?)sites more ,either ccc or other providers 

replied on 16/11/2022 15:32

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:43 by peedee

Its not too difficult to find services elsewhere, perhaps not as good as RP when it comes to travel but the cost savings are great and I have come to the conclusion I just do not need all the bells and whistles RP charge for. RP won't even consider me without a phone call and I know, from past conversations, what the outcome will be, an arm and a leg. Out of interest this year I asked for a quote to insure my motorhome, it was twice the price of my current insurer with whom I renewed. As an added bonus the renewal also included breakdown cover as well.

peedee

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 16/11/2022 15:37

Posted on 16/11/2022 12:55 by Rocky 2 buckets

I generally agree with you too BB but. . .I have been here long enough to see the multitude of folk threaten to ‘not renew’ they are still posting with ‘member’ under their avatar. It will go on until pain is felt due to lost revenue. I’ve voted-it’s me not renewing because I use many other options👍🏻

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:37

I'm still a member, I want to visit CLs. Not interested in Club sites at all. I'll wager many members stay with the club for the same reason.

you're right, though...there are many a decent alternative offering. We're using a Commercial for New Year (as we have for the past umpteen years) and it'll be CL/CS/THS for next summer. 

JVB66 replied on 16/11/2022 15:47

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:47

It will be after many years using this club as our main pitch provider a new booking experience for us but I have a  land line telephone and mobile phone that are used a telephones ,and both this clubs and the ccc handbooks' both have telephone numbers of both their call centres and many other pitch providers in them 

As the owner of a  small 20 pitch site we now have two bookings for next year would not take a deposit and just asked that we give as much notice as possible if we will be unable to get therecool

Ps both bookings in the past have been with this club on the same datessmile

replied on 16/11/2022 17:51

Posted on 16/11/2022 17:51

Content has been removed.

JVB66 replied on 16/11/2022 18:27

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:56 by Cornersteady

A full +1 apart from the default provider. As long as the club continues to offer the same high level of quality on its sites then I'll continue to use them. I wonder if actual site provision may start to decline but until that happens I and I suspect others will continue to use them.

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:27

It will be as this year in several places ,the lack of staff to run the sites that should be the only reason for any decline in levels of what members are used to now

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook