New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

TimboC replied on 16/11/2022 18:33

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:56 by Cornersteady

A full +1 apart from the default provider. As long as the club continues to offer the same high level of quality on its sites then I'll continue to use them. I wonder if actual site provision may start to decline but until that happens I and I suspect others will continue to use them.

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:33

We're happy to continue using club sites. We have had the odd poor experience but, on the whole think they're great

replied on 16/11/2022 18:35

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:35

Content has been removed.

huskydog replied on 16/11/2022 18:47

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:47

So , members are still moaning about the booking system, well ,it won’t go away and it is what it is , there are 2 options,1, work round it ( I have made several booking) ,or 2 ,don’t renew your membership,but if you’re going to do the second option then just do it and don’t keep on about it 

Other caravan site operators are out there to use 

TimboC replied on 16/11/2022 18:53

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:47 by huskydog

So , members are still moaning about the booking system, well ,it won’t go away and it is what it is , there are 2 options,1, work round it ( I have made several booking) ,or 2 ,don’t renew your membership,but if you’re going to do the second option then just do it and don’t keep on about it 

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:53

👏👏👏

Cornersteady replied on 16/11/2022 18:54

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:54

+1

Tinwheeler replied on 16/11/2022 18:55

Posted on 16/11/2022 18:55

I just did it, Husky, without preamble, as I felt it the principled thing to do in view of the way I feel. I believe it would have been hypocritical to continue paying fees to an organisation I was no longer comfortable with.

I mentioned it today, some 6+ weeks after the event, and you can see the reaction. 

nelliethehooker replied on 16/11/2022 20:54

Posted on 16/11/2022 15:37 by young thomas

I'm still a member, I want to visit CLs. Not interested in Club sites at all. I'll wager many members stay with the club for the same reason.

you're right, though...there are many a decent alternative offering. We're using a Commercial for New Year (as we have for the past umpteen years) and it'll be CL/CS/THS for next summer. 

Posted on 16/11/2022 20:54

Very true, YT, we will stay members to use the CL network, regardless of how much more difficult it is to find out the information we want, but doubt very much that we will be using club sites in the future, of which we used 6 different ones this last year.

brue replied on 17/11/2022 08:34

Posted on 17/11/2022 08:34

The other option for others who are not moaning but like me noticing areas which are not working eg booking details can't be printed,  is to point up these things in the hope the club will improve the system. Work arounds shouldn't be an option on a multi million pound upgrade unless mediocrity is acceptable. Let's hope we see the fixes being fixed ASAP. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook