New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 13/11/2022 18:47

Posted on 13/11/2022 18:42 by Phil n Tracy

Maybe it isn't due to lack of bookings. I think my point was the fact that the search facility for available club sites doesn't meet bygone standards. My point about Marazion was the fact that it didn't sit under the  Cornwall search location at one time (if it ever did.)

Other than that I am not sure high tech these days meets with Joe publics requirements. I had to contact a chat area of a very British retailer today and after going around in circles I was told I was going to be put through to a human!!!

Perhaps I'll give the club a call tomorrow. 

Posted on 13/11/2022 18:47

I was just replying to one aspect of your previous post regarding a site that may no longer be part of the club network.

Good luck with ringing the club. Alternatively, you could use the booking system feed back form.

N1805 replied on 13/11/2022 20:33

Posted on 13/11/2022 20:33

Have not looked at CT for a while particularly interested in this the “The New Booking Experience” thread.  Not used the system yet - finding pitches other than main club sites when needed.  Feel like some others it was put into use before it was ready.     Latest I can see are 9 issues fixed and 8 fixes and improvements next on their list to do. I feel the club’s reputation has taken a hit with this shambles of a system and do wonder if it will affect it financially. Eg less bookings and/or people not renewing membership.  I also followed the link supplied by paulmold/Tinwheeler (page 207) and completed the questions in the hope of something positive coming out of all the feedback.

Arch replied on 14/11/2022 10:34

Posted on 13/11/2022 17:28 by Tinwheeler

If you mean Marazion, a statement on its future is awaited. I’m sure it hasn’t suffered from lack of bookings.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/marazion/?er=P803074#P803074

Posted on 14/11/2022 10:34

Marazion has closed permanently its stated on the sites web page and Novembers mag, it's been up for closer for some time but did well in the staycation boom but numbers went down this year as every site I visited this year, it's such a shame it was a gem.

clarinetman replied on 14/11/2022 10:44

Posted on 14/11/2022 10:44

Just arrived at Rowntree site the booking on line clearly states “pay on arrival” so why did the balance leave my account at 2.20am this morning, the wardens say you need to click a button, that was done that’s why it says pay on arrival so what’s happening.

They offered me a full refund to my card so I could pay by cash what a system this is.One warden said she had never seen the booking element of the system.

How can you trust the security of your details when the system is totally out of control.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 14/11/2022 11:04

Posted on 13/11/2022 13:51 by eurortraveller

LWM,  What doesn’t work?

Here’s how I search an area using a tablet. 

I touch the spyglass icon at the top right hand corner of the website page and a search box appears.

If for example I want CL sites in Devon that’s what I type in the search box. Then I touch Search.

It gives me what I am looking for..

Despite what you say it does work.

Posted on 14/11/2022 11:04

If I select search by area, then type in an area eg Scarborough= NO results

if I type in a site that I know to be in the Scarborough area if finds it, so you have to know a site name, but if you haven't been to that area before you are stumped

also, the system is pushing you to club sites, I don't want club sites they too expensive

it only works for club sites

GEandGJE replied on 14/11/2022 12:01

Posted on 14/11/2022 10:44 by clarinetman

Just arrived at Rowntree site the booking on line clearly states “pay on arrival” so why did the balance leave my account at 2.20am this morning, the wardens say you need to click a button, that was done that’s why it says pay on arrival so what’s happening.

They offered me a full refund to my card so I could pay by cash what a system this is.One warden said she had never seen the booking element of the system.

How can you trust the security of your details when the system is totally out of control.

Posted on 14/11/2022 12:01

If you are worried about the security of your details on a club IT system why are you posting on CT which is an open public forum. If it was to be hacked all of your personal details held in your profile would be up for grabs.

peedee replied on 14/11/2022 12:12

Posted on 14/11/2022 11:04 by Lyke Wake Man

if I type in a site that I know to be in the Scarborough area if finds it, so you have to know a site name, but if you haven't been to that area before you are stumped

also, the system is pushing you to club sites, I don't want club sites they too expensive

Posted on 14/11/2022 12:12

i have just tried it and it works fine on a desktop. brings up both Scarborough sites, Clayton and West Ayton. If I click on "show certificated location" it brings up the CLs as well.

peedee

GTrimmer replied on 14/11/2022 12:14

Posted on 13/11/2022 12:36 by SteveL

As I put in my reply to your last post on the subject, saying it doesn’t work. It does for me on both iPad and iphone. It would be more constructive if you answered my question about what device you are using and a few more specifics, rather than just saying it doesn’t work.

Posted on 14/11/2022 12:14

Well it doesn't work for me on my android phone ! I can't even log in !!

SteveL replied on 14/11/2022 12:17

Posted on 14/11/2022 10:44 by clarinetman

Posted on 14/11/2022 12:17

There seems to be a difference between what it says on my bookings and on the emailed booking invoice. I opted for it to be taken prior to arrival. In my case I didn’t need to click anything, just leave it as it was, as it stated untick the box if you want to pay on arrival. All my emailed invoices say your payment will be taken the day before as per your instruction, however on my bookings they all show as pay on arrival. No idea what will happen as We have not taken any new system bookings up yet.

GTrimmer replied on 14/11/2022 12:19

Posted on 14/11/2022 11:04 by Lyke Wake Man

Posted on 14/11/2022 12:19

As I almost exclusively use CLs I am increasingly feeling like a second class member !

Mayme that's how the 'club' want to move things.  I wish they'd clarify, if that IS the case let me know, and I'll be off after being a member since 1979 !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook