New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 13/11/2022 11:06

Posted on 13/11/2022 10:08 by Tinwheeler

We know it's not good but are you using the feedback form to detail particular issues that need attention? That's the constructive way to get action.

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:06

There are a number of ways to be heard. Using the feedback form is one. Posting on Trustpilot is another, simply because the club is reading those posts, even if some of the replies don’t really address the issue raised. Raising questions at the AGM is of course useful, and I think it is worth going to the AGM section of the site to seek out the questions to this years very recent AGM. Compared to the previous year there are a lot of questions. The answers, I feel, are less helpful, and that has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

But it is also important to post on this forum, for two main reasons. Firstly it helps members feel they are not alone with the issues they are experiencing. I am pretty sure that virtually every issue raised has either been raised by more than one person, or others have agreed with the poster’s issue. Secondly I don’t think anyone is sure how much this forum is read by or reported back to the powers that be, but there is probably some information being passed on.

I think it is worth doing all those things (and I have done). You may get answers, you may not. Those of us who are members are all members for different reasons and would presumably prefer to continue with whatever positive experiences we have had in the past. Either we do nothing and those experiences are taken away, or we fight back, as has been happening, and hope we can make things improve, as has been happening. Without all the complaints the web site would have changed very little.

Of course the web site shouldn’t have been released in such a parlous state, of course it has been badly designed and is still full of flaws.

Tinwheeler replied on 13/11/2022 11:32

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:06 by Hja

There are a number of ways to be heard. Using the feedback form is one. Posting on Trustpilot is another, simply because the club is reading those posts, even if some of the replies don’t really address the issue raised. Raising questions at the AGM is of course useful, and I think it is worth going to the AGM section of the site to seek out the questions to this years very recent AGM. Compared to the previous year there are a lot of questions. The answers, I feel, are less helpful, and that has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

But it is also important to post on this forum, for two main reasons. Firstly it helps members feel they are not alone with the issues they are experiencing. I am pretty sure that virtually every issue raised has either been raised by more than one person, or others have agreed with the poster’s issue. Secondly I don’t think anyone is sure how much this forum is read by or reported back to the powers that be, but there is probably some information being passed on.

I think it is worth doing all those things (and I have done). You may get answers, you may not. Those of us who are members are all members for different reasons and would presumably prefer to continue with whatever positive experiences we have had in the past. Either we do nothing and those experiences are taken away, or we fight back, as has been happening, and hope we can make things improve, as has been happening. Without all the complaints the web site would have changed very little.

Of course the web site shouldn’t have been released in such a parlous state, of course it has been badly designed and is still full of flaws.

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:32

I don't disagree with any of that, HJA. I was trying to politely suggest that a more constructive approach to complaining about the booking system is needed. For instance, it would be far more use to everyone to learn what issues a poster is encountering rather than reading a few words of discontent. No one can help when the problem is unknown.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 13/11/2022 11:54

Posted on 13/11/2022 09:02 by SteveL

If you use THIS LINK and then scroll down you will find several explanatory videos for different devices.

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:54

try searching for an area, it doesn't work, and the video is geared to club sites

brue replied on 13/11/2022 12:28

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:06 by Hja

Posted on 13/11/2022 12:28

I agree with your sentiments which is why I've persisted on here with faults on the booking system. I should add that when there was an accounting error on my first booking I got swift responses to my private e mails and also a phone call. I feel very strongly that all these errors must be bringing in a big and unnecessary workload for the staff and a lot of frustration for the customers but no-one from the "top" has owned the problem. There's not a lot I can do personally and I don't need to as it's not my responsibility but it does reflect wider problems and I wonder what the timescale is for turning this round? 

I probably won't post any more on this subject as I think most of the faults have been spotted and it's now a case of the fixes working successfully and speedily. I still don't think it's a good set up, it is unnecessarily complicated and muddled.

SteveL replied on 13/11/2022 12:36

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:54 by Lyke Wake Man

try searching for an area, it doesn't work, and the video is geared to club sites

Posted on 13/11/2022 12:36

As I put in my reply to your last post on the subject, saying it doesn’t work. It does for me on both iPad and iphone. It would be more constructive if you answered my question about what device you are using and a few more specifics, rather than just saying it doesn’t work.

eurortraveller replied on 13/11/2022 13:51

Posted on 13/11/2022 11:54 by Lyke Wake Man

Posted on 13/11/2022 13:51

LWM,  What doesn’t work?

Here’s how I search an area using a tablet. 

I touch the spyglass icon at the top right hand corner of the website page and a search box appears.

If for example I want CL sites in Devon that’s what I type in the search box. Then I touch Search.

It gives me what I am looking for..

Despite what you say it does work.

peedee replied on 13/11/2022 15:09

Posted on 13/11/2022 12:36 by SteveL

As I put in my reply to your last post on the subject, saying it doesn’t work. It does for me on both iPad and iphone. It would be more constructive if you answered my question about what device you are using and a few more specifics, rather than just saying it doesn’t work.

Posted on 13/11/2022 15:09

It works for me as well using a desktop running Window 10 and also on my Android V12 tablet.

peedee

Phil n Tracy replied on 13/11/2022 17:08

Posted on 13/11/2022 17:08

Thank you for the replies to my email yesterday. I don't think I made myself clear enough. I am open to going anywhere location wise. It would be great to have a facility where you can put in the dates you wish to be away and the system then provides the sites available.... I am pretty sure a long time ago you could do this. 

With regard to specifying a location there was a time when one of the sites in Cornwall wasn't included in the list. I noticed in the last mag that this site is now withdrawn from the club. Perhaps it was due to lack of bookings...... 

Tinwheeler replied on 13/11/2022 17:28

Posted on 13/11/2022 17:08 by Phil n Tracy

Thank you for the replies to my email yesterday. I don't think I made myself clear enough. I am open to going anywhere location wise. It would be great to have a facility where you can put in the dates you wish to be away and the system then provides the sites available.... I am pretty sure a long time ago you could do this. 

With regard to specifying a location there was a time when one of the sites in Cornwall wasn't included in the list. I noticed in the last mag that this site is now withdrawn from the club. Perhaps it was due to lack of bookings...... 

Posted on 13/11/2022 17:28

If you mean Marazion, a statement on its future is awaited. I’m sure it hasn’t suffered from lack of bookings.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/marazion/?er=P803074#P803074

Phil n Tracy replied on 13/11/2022 18:42

Posted on 13/11/2022 18:42

Maybe it isn't due to lack of bookings. I think my point was the fact that the search facility for available club sites doesn't meet bygone standards. My point about Marazion was the fact that it didn't sit under the  Cornwall search location at one time (if it ever did.)

Other than that I am not sure high tech these days meets with Joe publics requirements. I had to contact a chat area of a very British retailer today and after going around in circles I was told I was going to be put through to a human!!!

Perhaps I'll give the club a call tomorrow. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook