New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Goldie146 replied on 14/11/2022 18:00

Posted on 14/11/2022 18:00

The screen shot is what I get on a Windows 10 Desktop.

Roughly

Book a site.

Type Scarborough UK

Click to show CL's.

Close left pane to make the map bigger.

Zoom in to see what's behind the numbered circles. Or click on the small squares to view..

Or, Zoom out and see the whole world! Or our bit of it.

Sorry, if I've misunderstood what you wanted to do. I haven't tried using the new booking system yet as we are not in a position to go away for quite some time. 

SteveL replied on 14/11/2022 18:06

Posted on 14/11/2022 15:50 by Lyke Wake Man

not everyone has an iPad, try doing it on a computer IT DOSN'T WORK

Posted on 14/11/2022 18:06

If you look a few posts upthread you will find that PD says it does indeed work on a desktop computer. If you want help, you either need to give a few more details, as I have suggested several times, or as TW suggest take it up with the club on the contact form. Although they will want a bit more information than it does not work.

edit As goldie shows it  works on a windows 10 desktop.

paulmold replied on 14/11/2022 19:28

Posted on 14/11/2022 19:28

On FB today, someone got a 3 page answer to his criticism of the new app , not from Nick Lomas but from  Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing and membership services.
Needless to say he didn't answer all criticism but if you want to put things in writing then Nick Lomax is not the person to complain to, Harvey is the man.

EmilysDad replied on 14/11/2022 19:59

Posted on 14/11/2022 19:28 by paulmold

On FB today, someone got a 3 page answer to his criticism of the new app , not from Nick Lomas but from  Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing and membership services.
Needless to say he didn't answer all criticism but if you want to put things in writing then Nick Lomax is not the person to complain to, Harvey is the man.

Posted on 14/11/2022 19:59

It's a pity that Harvey didn't post here too .... not everyone is on FaceAche

eurortraveller replied on 14/11/2022 20:17

Posted on 14/11/2022 18:06 by SteveL

If you look a few posts upthread you will find that PD says it does indeed work on a desktop computer. If you want help, you either need to give a few more details, as I have suggested several times, or as TW suggest take it up with the club on the contact form. Although they will want a bit more information than it does not work.

edit As goldie shows it  works on a windows 10 desktop.

Posted on 14/11/2022 20:17

Steve, you are very patient as well as helpful. But I have come to the conclusion there are some members put there, despite all your efforts,  who won’t accept help, suggestions or advice …and simply keep saying  “It doesn’t work” . I’m out on this one.

Metheven replied on 14/11/2022 20:25

Posted on 14/11/2022 20:25

Must admit it does need an amount of fine tuning, but on a desktop W11 I can find any site by using the filters with no problem, even Scarborough. I'm afraid I'm of the opinion some don't like change full stop.

MillieMaster replied on 14/11/2022 21:27

Posted on 14/11/2022 21:27

Yet again the C&MC make a total hog-wash of designing and or updating a website!!

The old site was bad enough, but it was a quantum leap better than this shambolic effort.

Like so many members, I am only a member of the Club so that I can use CL sites as I have absolutely no interest, let alone deep enough pockets to ever use Club Sites!!

I will never/ever want to use the booking service, I want to see the sites I am interested in at my own pace then to contact the CL sites myself directly.

I am gutted that this once great Club has slipped so very far.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/11/2022 21:39

Posted on 14/11/2022 19:28 by paulmold

Posted on 14/11/2022 21:39

Just to be clear this was a personal letter to that member which was mentioned on an independant Facebook Group. Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing and membership services did not reply direct on Facebook. So it seems that all Senior Club personnel will retain their radio silence as far as this or any other Social Media is concerned.

David

peedee replied on 15/11/2022 06:41

Posted on 14/11/2022 21:27 by MillieMaster

Yet again the C&MC make a total hog-wash of designing and or updating a website!!

The old site was bad enough, but it was a quantum leap better than this shambolic effort.

Like so many members, I am only a member of the Club so that I can use CL sites as I have absolutely no interest, let alone deep enough pockets to ever use Club Sites!!

I will never/ever want to use the booking service, I want to see the sites I am interested in at my own pace then to contact the CL sites myself directly.

I am gutted that this once great Club has slipped so very far.

Posted on 15/11/2022 06:41

What is your problem? Someone on here maybe able to help. I have no problem searching for CLs but acknowledge that the filters leave a lot to be desired.

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 15/11/2022 08:40

Posted on 15/11/2022 08:40

The fact that there are over 2000 posts in this thread is a clear indication of the omnishambles that is the 'new booking system'. Whilst any new implementation of IT solutions for any organisation will have a few bugs, CAMC, not surprisingly given their performance in the past, have surpassed their own appalling standards.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook