New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 15/11/2022 08:43

Posted on 14/11/2022 21:39 by DavidKlyne

Just to be clear this was a personal letter to that member which was mentioned on an independant Facebook Group. Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing and membership services did not reply direct on Facebook. So it seems that all Senior Club personnel will retain their radio silence as far as this or any other Social Media is concerned.

David

Posted on 15/11/2022 08:43

Thanks for clarifying this David, although not an fb member I searched CAMC fb yesterday and wondered if this had been removed. I suspect the CAMC site has been moderated as previously there were many posts regarding this subject? Nothing on twitter either so as you say "silence." 

Someone mentioned payments being taken and just for the record I'll say again that direct payments are on a default and if someone wants to pay in the office on the day they must "untick" the box. It will however slow up arrival and if they don't turn up payments will still be taken automatically.

Sorry to see some are still not finding the site easy to navigate or complete with confidence. Clicking that final check out box can be a marathon!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/11/2022 09:29

Posted on 15/11/2022 08:43 by brue

Thanks for clarifying this David, although not an fb member I searched CAMC fb yesterday and wondered if this had been removed. I suspect the CAMC site has been moderated as previously there were many posts regarding this subject? Nothing on twitter either so as you say "silence." 

Someone mentioned payments being taken and just for the record I'll say again that direct payments are on a default and if someone wants to pay in the office on the day they must "untick" the box. It will however slow up arrival and if they don't turn up payments will still be taken automatically.

Sorry to see some are still not finding the site easy to navigate or complete with confidence. Clicking that final check out box can be a marathon!

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:29

Not a member Brue?🤔, if ever I wanted to view anything at all on FB I had to sign in using my membership details. . .Do you have a special pass?. If things have radically changed since I last used it great👍🏻

Lyke Wake Man replied on 15/11/2022 09:34

Posted on 14/11/2022 20:25 by Metheven

Must admit it does need an amount of fine tuning, but on a desktop W11 I can find any site by using the filters with no problem, even Scarborough. I'm afraid I'm of the opinion some don't like change full stop.

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:34

Arh, you mention windows 11, I myself and most likely a few others can't upgrade to windows 11, having a laptop a few years old, as you say you can do it, I had a couple of reply's yesterday telling me how to do it on an iPad.

I now wonder if it is designed only for iPad/iPhone and windows 11

brue replied on 15/11/2022 09:41

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:29 by Rocky 2 buckets

Not a member Brue?🤔, if ever I wanted to view anything at all on FB I had to sign in using my membership details. . .Do you have a special pass?. If things have radically changed since I last used it great👍🏻

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:41

If you are signed in to CT it's possible to view the official CAMC FB pages, not so easy on Twitter but a quick view possible before it shuts you out. I do have fb access by using my OHs membership but I don't need to do that on here. smile

SteveL replied on 15/11/2022 09:48

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:34 by Lyke Wake Man

Arh, you mention windows 11, I myself and most likely a few others can't upgrade to windows 11, having a laptop a few years old, as you say you can do it, I had a couple of reply's yesterday telling me how to do it on an iPad.

I now wonder if it is designed only for iPad/iPhone and windows 11

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:48

If you look on the previous page you will see a post from Goldie showing it works OK on Windows 10. 
Undoubtedly it does work better on newer machines with faster processors, it also seems fairly memory hungry. If you clear your browser cache and close down any other programmes you have running, it could improve things.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/11/2022 09:51

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:41 by brue

If you are signed in to CT it's possible to view the official CAMC FB pages, not so easy on Twitter but a quick view possible before it shuts you out. I do have fb access by using my OHs membership but I don't need to do that on here. smile

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:51

Thank you, that’s a good scheme😊

Hja replied on 15/11/2022 10:12

Posted on 15/11/2022 09:48 by SteveL

If you look on the previous page you will see a post from Goldie showing it works OK on Windows 10. 
Undoubtedly it does work better on newer machines with faster processors, it also seems fairly memory hungry. If you clear your browser cache and close down any other programmes you have running, it could improve things.

Posted on 15/11/2022 10:12

I have accessed the site on WIndows 8.1 on a PC and a 2 year old ipad. In neither case have i proceeded to booking.  We mainly use CLs and that aspect of the site is still seriously lacking, especially the lack of link to full details and filters.  Yes, I can find sites, but very cumbersome and you need to access individual sites via the magnifying glass, so you need the Club site open on more than one tab.

Robert replied on 15/11/2022 11:27

Posted on 15/11/2022 11:27

Am i missing something with this new web site used to be able to look at price breakdown of sites throughout the year cannot find it now ?

Metheven replied on 15/11/2022 11:42

Posted on 15/11/2022 11:27 by Robert

Am i missing something with this new web site used to be able to look at price breakdown of sites throughout the year cannot find it now ?

Posted on 15/11/2022 11:42

It's still there but in a different format and way of acheiving it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook