New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

GEandGJE replied on 10/11/2022 18:19

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:09 by JVB66

Not trying to be argumentative  "out of the clubs control?" I do not remember the same difficulties with making a booking on the system that has been replaced 

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:19

I don't disagree that you have had issues with WiFi strength but I can't recall any other posts from people having the same problem as you.

JVB66 replied on 10/11/2022 18:23

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:23

I did not think it was WiFi alone you were commenting on?  ,and how many others have been on sites trying to book that have posted on here?it is the clubs WiFi!!!!

SteveL replied on 10/11/2022 18:47

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:19 by GEandGJE

I don't disagree that you have had issues with WiFi strength but I can't recall any other posts from people having the same problem as you.

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:47

There was certainly one from me. When we were away in September / October I tried it out on C&CC WiFi, which has very similar speeds to many CAMC sites. (I don’t subscribe to that so couldn’t try it on club sites, as it wouldn’t work at all on the free side) At speeds of 1 / 2 mbs, it was not really usable. It was also very slow and jerky at the limits of 4G with speeds of 4/5 mbs. As JVB says the old system used to work at those speeds.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/11/2022 21:46

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:09 by Arch

I wouldn't bank on that David the club has upset and treated members so disrespectfully many will look at alternatives or book at the last minute the club has aligned itself with commercial sites and in many cases is more expensive, it's lost something valuable called Loyalty.

Posted on 10/11/2022 21:46

Arch

I am not so sure. It's really about whether the Club can handle a certain level service. What JVB mentioned might only be a tiny percentage of calls received by the Club Call Centre so perhaps can be disregarded. However if it became a real problem and prevented the Call Centre handling the calls it really needs to it would make perfect sense for the Club either ban the option, perhaps going back to calling the site direct, or imposing a charge for the service, as it already does for overseas phone bookings. Members would still have a choice. Likewise, I think if they start having a higher proportion of members electing to pay on arrival they may well make pre-payment a requirement as well. From an administrative point of view you have to close down loopholes which impact on the efficiency of the system. Best not to get too far ahead of ourselves but the Club does have options.

David 

cyberyacht replied on 11/11/2022 09:47

Posted on 11/11/2022 09:47

Avoid the whole thing, dysfunctional booking system, deposits etc. Just turn up at the site and say "Have you got a pitch?" Away from break season, it will probably work a whole lot better.

Woodie70 replied on 11/11/2022 10:23

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31 by Rowena

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:23

Totally frustrated this morning tried booking a site for Christmas, got down to booking and had to put our dates of birth in. The calendar shows 11th November 2022 and I want to get back to September 1942 ! It only goes back a month at a time!

brue replied on 11/11/2022 10:39

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:39

Woodie. Same here on my android phone it's a fault that was reported in September. The calendar worked on my laptop but that's only a partial solution. I don't think the system was tested adequately. frown

I realise some would like all this to "go away" and these comments sound like "emotive reactions" (quoted on here the other day.)  But the fact is the system has very poor functionality. 

The search function is dreadful. To test the calendar I used Hillhead, as a location I got Hillhead in Glasgow and also Hillhead College in Scotland. As a campsite search I got Hillerod in the EU.

So far I have only made one booking,  now used.  It wasn't a good experience and luckily was made in advance with time to sort it via email complaints. If I had to make several bookings I would give up.

peedee replied on 11/11/2022 10:48

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:48

Same here on my Samsung Andrioid V12. It was working last time I checked but isn't now, so IT have changed something?

peedee

brue replied on 11/11/2022 10:51

Posted on 10/11/2022 21:46 by DavidKlyne

Arch

I am not so sure. It's really about whether the Club can handle a certain level service. What JVB mentioned might only be a tiny percentage of calls received by the Club Call Centre so perhaps can be disregarded. However if it became a real problem and prevented the Call Centre handling the calls it really needs to it would make perfect sense for the Club either ban the option, perhaps going back to calling the site direct, or imposing a charge for the service, as it already does for overseas phone bookings. Members would still have a choice. Likewise, I think if they start having a higher proportion of members electing to pay on arrival they may well make pre-payment a requirement as well. From an administrative point of view you have to close down loopholes which impact on the efficiency of the system. Best not to get too far ahead of ourselves but the Club does have options.

David 

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:51

Out of interest the payment in advance tick box is the default so at present there are complaints that money has been taken in advance because some aren't noticing the default mechanism. So in some ways this has been covered by CAMC.

brue replied on 11/11/2022 10:52

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:48 by peedee

Same here on my Samsung Andrioid V12. It was working last time I checked but isn't now, so IT have changed something?

peedee

Posted on 11/11/2022 10:52

Yes Peedee it did work for a while I think?! 

What is going on I wonder....undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook