New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 10/11/2022 16:20

Posted on 10/11/2022 15:14 by eurortraveller

Mikenbike, your complaint has been answered many times.

If you are logged in as a member on the website your birthday is known and you need not enter it.

If you don’t wish to enter your wife’s birthday you just book for yourself and pay for the extra person when you arrive at site.

it is very easy to book on a tablet.

Please stay cheerful.

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:20

The proper way to do it is when you click on the DOB icon it should open a calendar. Jjust clock on the year and you should get a drop down menu showing all the years. once you have selected the year do the same on the month then you should have the month and year shown. Click on the day required and voila the correct DOB!!

peedee

Mikenbike replied on 10/11/2022 16:26

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:20 by peedee

The proper way to do it is when you click on the DOB icon it should open a calendar. Jjust clock on the year and you should get a drop down menu showing all the years. once you have selected the year do the same on the month then you should have the month and year shown. Click on the day required and voila the correct DOB!!

peedee

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:26

Yes, the calendar opened.  Clicking on the year was the first thing I tried... and it didn't work: there was no drop down menu.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it seemingly hasn't been tested on an Amazon tablet.  

GEandGJE replied on 10/11/2022 16:29

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:29

Good weather forecast on the South Coast for the next few days, so yesterday I booked Hunters Moon on my Android phone and  it only took a couple of minutes. No issues with the booking system and still a very happy club member.

Mikenbike replied on 10/11/2022 16:35

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:35

Have you noticed how most sites out there that provide a pop-up calendar for a date to be entered in a field also provide an alternative means to type it in manually? 

There's a reason for that...

young thomas replied on 10/11/2022 17:04

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:29 by GEandGJE

Good weather forecast on the South Coast for the next few days, so yesterday I booked Hunters Moon on my Android phone and  it only took a couple of minutes. No issues with the booking system and still a very happy club member.

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:04

As I mentioned earlier, booking one stay at a site you know the name of is not too tricky...even I could do it.πŸ‘

I think it's when searches are requested to give suggestions for general areas where the 'fun' starts.πŸ‘Ž

JVB66 replied on 10/11/2022 17:09

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:04 by young thomas

As I mentioned earlier, booking one stay at a site you know the name of is not too tricky...even I could do it.πŸ‘

I think it's when searches are requested to give suggestions for general areas where the 'fun' starts.πŸ‘Ž

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:09

And even more fun on a club site trying to book another site as the system seems to need so much more information than the previous USP if not a good signal it just will not let you finish the booking before you lose it allyell

Arch replied on 10/11/2022 17:09

Posted on 10/11/2022 16:07 by DavidKlyne

They may be able to do that now but if, once the system has settled down, the Club finds a significant number of members doing the same thing no doubt they will change things to make that more difficult. The easiest way would probably to make an extra charge for telephone bookings as they do with overseas bookings? I am also surprised they weren't asked to pay the site fees as they were arriving on the same day. There is really no point in people trying to get round the system because the loopholes will just be closed?

David

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:09

I wouldn't bank on that David the club has upset and treated members so disrespectfully many will look at alternatives or book at the last minute the club has aligned itself with commercial sites and in many cases is more expensive, it's lost something valuable called Loyalty.

GEandGJE replied on 10/11/2022 18:01

Posted on 10/11/2022 17:04 by young thomas

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:01

I posted to try and balance out some of the emotive comments being made suggesting that the system is completely broken and that the membership is abandoning the club. The system isn't broken as otherwise and you agreed that you wouldn't be able to make a simple booking. I agree that the system isn't functioning the way that some members are used too and I also agree that the system wasn't ready for deployment. The club are addressing these issues but not quickly enough for some, but the club can't fix issues outside of it's control be that the strength of WiFi signal or the age of people's technology.

I know that the majority of people on CT won't agree with me and I accept that, as long as it isn't personal, but I do feel that any debate has to have some balance.

JVB66 replied on 10/11/2022 18:09

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:01 by GEandGJE

I posted to try and balance out some of the emotive comments being made suggesting that the system is completely broken and that the membership is abandoning the club. The system isn't broken as otherwise and you agreed that you wouldn't be able to make a simple booking. I agree that the system isn't functioning the way that some members are used too and I also agree that the system wasn't ready for deployment. The club are addressing these issues but not quickly enough for some, but the club can't fix issues outside of it's control be that the strength of WiFi signal or the age of people's technology.

I know that the majority of people on CT won't agree with me and I accept that, as long as it isn't personal, but I do feel that any debate has to have some balance.

Posted on 10/11/2022 18:09

Not trying to be argumentative  "out of the clubs control?" I do not remember the same difficulties with making a booking on the system that has been replaced 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook