New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 06/11/2022 15:51

Posted on 06/11/2022 15:00 by brue

Steve, my point was about the strange mixture of places that come up on a search and I really don't think an in house booking system needs to contain a rival companies (in this case Haven) caravan park. I'm sure many of us can get round the system but it would be so much  better if the system was straightforward. As I've said before all my devices are up to date, they're not old, most of the time I'm using an Android 12 phone. Why would anyone want to find private and other commercial addresses on an in house holiday site search?

I think basically I'm tired of reading statements from CAMC that the system was successfully introduced after lots of testing and just a few fixes are needed! The fix list is now very long in the booking experience section!

However in the scheme of things it's their problem not mine but I hope they do take on board what is being said and reported.

Posted on 06/11/2022 15:51

I agree the search list could and should be improved. Even if it is only to put Bovey Tracey, or what one is searching for at the top of the list. It is using Google and even on Google maps you get a lot of other stuff in the list.

However, I don’t think the current issues make it unfit for purpose, they are just an inconvience.

peedee replied on 06/11/2022 16:04

Posted on 06/11/2022 16:04

Sorry to say right now there appears to be a problem searching for CLs. I have tried two browsers using my windows desktop and they both have repeatedly crashed.

It is now ok again, perhaps my fault for having multiple tabs open filling the cache?

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 06/11/2022 16:09

Posted on 06/11/2022 15:51 by SteveL

I agree the search list could and should be improved. Even if it is only to put Bovey Tracey, or what one is searching for at the top of the list. It is using Google and even on Google maps you get a lot of other stuff in the list.

However, I don’t think the current issues make it unfit for purpose, they are just an inconvience.

Posted on 06/11/2022 16:09

I wonder how much extra storage is needed to hold all that irrelevant info?

Just go to the Stover site and have done with it😂

dickb replied on 07/11/2022 16:59

Posted on 07/11/2022 16:59

With so many posts marked "content has been removed", I am guessing that members are pretty forthright in their comments on the new App? 

Hardly surprising as there are so many bugs despite the rather fulsome Opinion report in the November Magazine. 

Why despite ticking "Remember my details" does it require me to fill in details every time I open the App?

Why are Club sites and Overseas shown by default but CLs have to be selected every time one logs on AND also again frequently while searching? I visit Club sites maybe twice a year and never an overseas site. I doubt if many members search both Club sites and overseas at the same time. Surely which sites are displayed can be selected and remembered without having to tick and untick every time?

If updates are being implemented does one have to uninstall and reinstall the App to get them, or are updates installed as part of the normal updating of Apps (in my case though Google)?

A long way to go before the App is fit for purpose.

Dick 

Moderator Comment - The only posts removed from this thread have been off topic ones as per the T&C's of the forum. 

brue replied on 08/11/2022 11:34

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:34

I haven't downloaded the app so can't comment but is the booking system more user friendly on the app than on the Web site?

peedee replied on 08/11/2022 11:48

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:34 by brue

I haven't downloaded the app so can't comment but is the booking system more user friendly on the app than on the Web site?

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:48

Depends on the size of the screen you are using, the larger the better. I would not use in on a small phone screen.

peedee

MalcolmP replied on 08/11/2022 11:50

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:50

Ah the joys of the new website.

I booked a stay at Englethwaite Hall in September this year for next March, just in case I took a screenshot of the booking.

I checked it today to verify dates etc. and It seems a new 'Feature' has been introduced. The maths is wrong, now showing 13 nights instead of 14 for my stay. See the screenshots below.

All other information is correct but the site seems to calculate 31-17 as 13.

What other mathematical shenanigans are going on I wonder.

GEandGJE replied on 08/11/2022 11:58

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:50 by MalcolmP

Ah the joys of the new website.

I booked a stay at Englethwaite Hall in September this year for next March, just in case I took a screenshot of the booking.

I checked it today to verify dates etc. and It seems a new 'Feature' has been introduced. The maths is wrong, now showing 13 nights instead of 14 for my stay. See the screenshots below.

All other information is correct but the site seems to calculate 31-17 as 13.

What other mathematical shenanigans are going on I wonder.

Posted on 08/11/2022 11:58

Would be interested to know the response from the club on that one. Has to be a coding error somewhere l.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook