New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 04/11/2022 19:42

Posted on 04/11/2022 19:37 by paulmold

Is everyone happy with the new system now?  Not a complaint for nearly 8 hours.

Posted on 04/11/2022 19:42

I think comments on the AGM have knocked the booking system off the number one spot of hot topics 😂

Arch replied on 04/11/2022 19:57

Posted on 04/11/2022 19:42 by Tinwheeler

I think comments on the AGM have knocked the booking system off the number one spot of hot topics 😂

Posted on 04/11/2022 19:57

Not on Trust Pilot 

SteveM replied on 06/11/2022 10:13

Posted on 06/11/2022 10:13

Hi, in the scale of things this is really trivial but just wondered if the new system will be reviewed to improve the 'My Bookings' part, where we can bring up a list of future trips? Under the old system sites booked would be simply listed to show site name, dates booked, ref number and little else. Very handy because in my case (old fashioned I know!) I would highlight them and copy and paste them onto a word document which I then printed to pin on our notice board - an easy reminder of where we had booked. In the new system, the list contains all sorts of details that seem irrelevant if you just want a handy reminder of trips booked. Worse of all, the actual site names are not shown, you have to open each booking to see where you had booked to go to. That then makes the process of copying and pasting a lot more cumbersome. So it would be good i think if the page content could revert to Site name, Dates booked, Ref number (if really needed). Everything else can be found in the email confirmation that accompanies every booking!

Like i said, very trivial in the scale of things but its what I was used to! 

SteveL replied on 06/11/2022 10:24

Posted on 06/11/2022 10:13 by SteveM

Hi, in the scale of things this is really trivial but just wondered if the new system will be reviewed to improve the 'My Bookings' part, where we can bring up a list of future trips? Under the old system sites booked would be simply listed to show site name, dates booked, ref number and little else. Very handy because in my case (old fashioned I know!) I would highlight them and copy and paste them onto a word document which I then printed to pin on our notice board - an easy reminder of where we had booked. In the new system, the list contains all sorts of details that seem irrelevant if you just want a handy reminder of trips booked. Worse of all, the actual site names are not shown, you have to open each booking to see where you had booked to go to. That then makes the process of copying and pasting a lot more cumbersome. So it would be good i think if the page content could revert to Site name, Dates booked, Ref number (if really needed). Everything else can be found in the email confirmation that accompanies every booking!

Like i said, very trivial in the scale of things but its what I was used to! 

Posted on 06/11/2022 10:24

I suppose as an alternative you could put the bookings into a calendar, as we do on our pad. This is then available on any of our devices. It can also be printed out if required, although we don’t bother.

Tinwheeler replied on 06/11/2022 10:25

Posted on 06/11/2022 10:25

It's trivial compared to the pandemic, the state of our economy and conflicts around the world but, in the realms of CAMC and trying to book sites, this debacle of a booking system is major.

JVB66 replied on 06/11/2022 10:34

Posted on 06/11/2022 10:34

It seems that after the introduction of this debacle some "tinkering round the edges" has been attempted?

But still the main parts of this complex?non user friendly booking system is as diabolical as ever

brue replied on 06/11/2022 11:28

Posted on 06/11/2022 11:28

Haven Holidays must love CAMC, their Devon Cliffs holiday site is still top of the list on the Devon location holiday search!!

I wonder if CAMC sites feature so prominently on the Haven Holidays Web site?

I just can't understand why CAMC say this system is fit for purpose or that fixes have been made.

SteveL replied on 06/11/2022 12:15

Posted on 06/11/2022 11:28 by brue

Haven Holidays must love CAMC, their Devon Cliffs holiday site is still top of the list on the Devon location holiday search!!

I wonder if CAMC sites feature so prominently on the Haven Holidays Web site?

I just can't understand why CAMC say this system is fit for purpose or that fixes have been made.

Posted on 06/11/2022 12:15

Works reasonably well for me brue, OK not perfect but very useable. It has certainly improved in recent days.
For instance a search for something around Bovey Tracey. Put in the name and OK not top of list but it was there. Touch on it and the map and list in the attached picture was displayed. No zooming or panning or anything. I’ve tried it for a few places around  the UK and it works similarly well. Things are definitely getting better. However, as has been mentioned earlier older devices do seem to struggle. It is fairly memory hungry and works better if you start off with a clear cache.

JVB66 replied on 06/11/2022 12:20

Posted on 06/11/2022 12:15 by SteveL

Works reasonably well for me brue, OK not perfect but very useable. It has certainly improved in recent days.
For instance a search for something around Bovey Tracey. Put in the name and OK not top of list but it was there. Touch on it and the map and list in the attached picture was displayed. No zooming or panning or anything. I’ve tried it for a few places around  the UK and it works similarly well. Things are definitely getting better. However, as has been mentioned earlier older devices do seem to struggle. It is fairly memory hungry and works better, if you start off with a clear cache.

Posted on 06/11/2022 12:20

Site staff are still it seems not happy bunnies with the system as it is far to complex for what is needed 

paulmold replied on 06/11/2022 12:42

Posted on 06/11/2022 12:15 by SteveL

For instance a search for something around Bovey Tracey. Put in the name and OK not top of list but it was there. Touch on it and the map and list in the attached picture was displayed. No zooming or panning or anything. I’ve tried it for a few places around  the UK and it works similarly well. Things are definitely getting better. However, as has been mentioned earlier older devices do seem to struggle. It is fairly memory hungry and works better if you start off with a clear cache.

Posted on 06/11/2022 12:42

Presumably that's on a Desktop, it certainly doesn't display like that on my Android tablet or phone. I like to book as I go along on a trip, so don't want to take a PC or laptop with me. I have sussed it now on how to book a club site if I know where and when I want to go but would love to see the old way if displaying availability at sites in the next 3 weeks or to be able to enter a distance from a specific town and get all sites and CLs in that area. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook