New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tammygirl replied on 03/11/2022 15:59

Posted on 03/11/2022 15:59

Sorry to go over old ground but I'm away in Spain and only look in now and again. 

If I understand it correctly the 'charge' for altering a booking is only incurred if

a) it's under 21 days

b) if dates have changed

c) if the new site choice is a different price band.

So if you were to change to another site on the network on the same dates and price band there would be no charge.

Is that correct.

In the past I've often changed where I'm going, say West Coast to East Coast if the weather conditions are more favourable. Its one of the things I liked about the club, they never lost out and the change probably helped someone else.

No email from the club but that's nothing new we hardly ever get them even though I have been in touch and asked them to change that. 

fbksbw replied on 03/11/2022 16:08

Posted on 03/11/2022 16:08

I have no trouble with charging a deposit as it might make it easier to book popular sites in the future. What I do not like is the new website. It seems to make everything I wish to do much more difficult. The old site was easy and straightforward so why has it been changed for the worse.

peedee replied on 03/11/2022 16:10

Posted on 03/11/2022 16:10

I believe that is correct TG no charges are levid if you make alterations before the 21 day period.

Booking T&C are >here<

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 03/11/2022 16:18

Posted on 03/11/2022 15:09 by peedee

I have had nothing from the Club since the 27/10. I hope it is not a phishing mail, the Club should confirm it is actually from them

peedee

Posted on 03/11/2022 16:18

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago, it looks real but as I won't be clicking select yes I'll never know.

I do think it should be on the web site rather than an email to allay such fears?

peedee replied on 03/11/2022 16:26

Posted on 03/11/2022 16:26

Mine also, just this minute as I was about to go off and do other things. I also won't be accepting it until there is a good UI available for phone use and a reduction in membership fees for saving the Club on paper and postage for both the directory and magazine.

peedee

InaD replied on 03/11/2022 17:10

Posted on 03/11/2022 17:10

Haven't received that email up to now, so just checked My Preferences for communications.  All set to receive, so should get it in due course. 

What I did notice was that below the preference for receiving the monthly magazine by post or not at all, was the option to tick a box for not receiving the handbook directory, so it can also be updated there.  Whether that will work is another matter of course, as I know several members don't receive emails even though their preferences are set to receive them undecided anything is possible with this system!

Arch replied on 03/11/2022 17:45

Posted on 03/11/2022 17:45

I've received the email with the option to go paperless and use the app, it beggars believe that their oblivious to the fact the app doesn't work.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/11/2022 19:13

Posted on 03/11/2022 18:17 by Amesford

I have received the email but there is only a "yes please" option but not a "you can stick it" one  

Posted on 03/11/2022 19:13

Same here. Hope that it is not a done deal as,we use the SD as much as the website directory of the app. Agree with Arch that the app doesn't work properly, regardless of what some want us to believe.

Tammygirl replied on 03/11/2022 19:22

Posted on 03/11/2022 16:10 by peedee

I believe that is correct TG no charges are levid if you make alterations before the 21 day period.

Booking T&C are >here<

peedee

Posted on 03/11/2022 19:22

Thanks peedee, I did start reading the T&Cs but lost the will to live.

Guess I will only book a few days before going away in future. That's if we bother to renew.

We got the email mentioned earlier, just Deleted User it, didn't bother to open it. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook