New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/11/2022 19:42

Posted on 03/11/2022 14:59 by DavidKlyne

Yes, I think better to avoid the email completely as it seems if you click on the email there is the risk that you will automatically go paperless? That is a bit bit naughty of the Club. 

David

Posted on 03/11/2022 19:42

I wonder how many will get caught out, which I guess is just what those at HO are hoping so that they can then turn round and say "look x number just want the digital version, so that's all that we will give in the future" yell

nelliethehooker replied on 03/11/2022 19:51

Posted on 03/11/2022 15:09 by peedee

I have had nothing from the Club since the 27/10. I hope it is not a phishing mail, the Club should confirm it is actually from them

peedee

Posted on 03/11/2022 19:51

Agree, Peedee. I have tried to find a reference to it on the club's website but can't find anything, although others might have more idea about where they may have hidden it, that is if they have posted something on the web site about it.

obbernockle replied on 03/11/2022 20:06

Posted on 03/11/2022 20:06

We have not received an email asking about going paperless or similar. This thread prompted me to check my preferences and I discovered that as well as choosing not to have the monthly magazine. I appear to have also chose to be paperless. Now, I do not remember ever seeing that on the list, and certainly would never have chosen to not receive a Sites Directory or Membership Card. I will try to phone the club tomorrow and try to communicate with them paperlessly and temperlessly.

peedee replied on 04/11/2022 08:13

Posted on 04/11/2022 08:13

it is now claimed that these have been fixed:

✓ Simplified Google map functionality - removing 'other' countries (USA, Canada etc)
✓ New Club App to default to the search box rather than the map search

The search a location is better but in order to eliminate other countries you need to complete the search text or most of it. 

There has been no change on the Club App but this might be down to the update hasn't filtered down onto Google Play yet? 

The two new objectives are:

1. All site types (including Certificated Locations) will automatically show when starting a search
2. A link to the Certificated Location site details webpage will be added into the contact information

I hope 1. doesn't slow the search down and that you have the choice to remove Club sites from the search for CLs. 2. should have been available from introduction. I still remain in disbelief that it wasn't.

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 04/11/2022 08:29

Posted on 03/11/2022 15:40 by KjellNN

We have a couple of bank accounts quite similar, very easy to go paperless without realising it.  I have been fooled at least twice and then need to log on again to sort it out.

Posted on 04/11/2022 08:29

My wife has had this problem too. What is really annoying is the continual pestering to go paperless. I've told you before what my preferences are. Why do you need to keep asking me?

It may be prudent to keep your latest handbook just in case they arbitrarily discontinue its publication. I suspect that such an action would be the final straw for many and could precipitate an exodus. I wonder if 'directory updates' will be dropped from the magazine as a first step.

SteveL replied on 04/11/2022 09:39

Posted on 04/11/2022 09:39

1. All site types (including Certificated Locations) will automatically show when starting a search

That seems a bit odd. When you go to find a UK campsite you are presented with two options. Club campsites  and  Certified locations. 
If I select club sites why would I want certified locations to show and vice versa if I select certified locations. By all mean provide the option of showing them, however why everything as a default. That is just going to slow things up, particularly on older devices.

Similar to you with the App PD. No update in the App Store yet.

replied on 04/11/2022 10:37

Posted on 03/11/2022 20:06 by obbernockle

We have not received an email asking about going paperless or similar. This thread prompted me to check my preferences and I discovered that as well as choosing not to have the monthly magazine. I appear to have also chose to be paperless. Now, I do not remember ever seeing that on the list, and certainly would never have chosen to not receive a Sites Directory or Membership Card. I will try to phone the club tomorrow and try to communicate with them paperlessly and temperlessly.

Posted on 04/11/2022 10:37

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 04/11/2022 11:53

Posted on 03/11/2022 19:42 by nelliethehooker

I wonder how many will get caught out, which I guess is just what those at HO are hoping so that they can then turn round and say "look x number just want the digital version, so that's all that we will give in the future" yell

Posted on 04/11/2022 11:53

I’m sure they will make the figures match their agenda. If they really wanted to gauge support, or lack of it, they would have put two buttons on the email. Yes Please and No stay as I am, as I get more or less every time I log into online banking. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook