New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 03/11/2022 12:16

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:32 by peedee

To be pushing the App as an alternative to the handbook, when it isn’t working properly is just incredible.

What planet are they on?

peedee

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

KjellNN replied on 03/11/2022 12:31

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:31

Does not work on my 3 year old i pad either, just freezes up.  CL info is absolutely useless.  Old app was excellent.

SteveL replied on 03/11/2022 12:33

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:09 by SteveL

I don’t either but I either want an electronic version, or a discount as I get with the other club to give it up. It’s about time for the club to give a little bit back, so far it’s been all take. Also for those that want it, I suspect some of that is because it can be used where there is no internet. As far as I am aware the new App can’t.

Just checked it does require internet, the old one didn’t.

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:33

£8.99 of the yearly membership. That will do nicely.😂

SteveL replied on 03/11/2022 12:37

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:31 by KjellNN

Does not work on my 3 year old i pad either, just freezes up.  CL info is absolutely useless.  Old app was excellent.

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:37

That’s interesting. Works OK on my 2 year old one, (well not the search) so it looks like that’s the limit. Very poor if you can’t use it on a 3 year old device.

replied on 03/11/2022 12:53

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:29 by paulmold

They could actually get far more respect from members if they could only admit they got it wrong and withdrew the new system completely until sorted . Companies are often judged not by the  number of complaints but by the way they handle those complaints . 

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 03/11/2022 12:53

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:53

Think my Android phone is about 3 years old, it works on that but it is totally the wrong UI for small screen devices and not a patch on the old App.

I have yet to receive the email.

peedee

Hja replied on 03/11/2022 13:01

Posted on 03/11/2022 13:01

I’ve received email. There is no info about what to do if you do want handbook. I assume just ignore email.

I use the website on my iPad which is abt 3 years old and it’s works differently but equally badly to the website on my desk top.

peedee replied on 03/11/2022 13:17

Posted on 03/11/2022 13:17

I just had a look at my Communications Preferences, well tried to becasuse I have noticed in the past they have changed as the Club fiddles with the site. It is totally blank!  I wonder how long it has been like that?

peedee

young thomas replied on 03/11/2022 13:26

Posted on 03/11/2022 10:41 by Tinwheeler

I think most of us recognise the need to move forward with the aid of modern technology - it's what it's there for and the way to go. There's nothing to he gained from clinging to the old ways because it's 'what we do'.

What we don't need though are any more costly dog's breakfast attempts at introducing technological advances. 😟

Posted on 03/11/2022 13:26

Agreed, I mentioned earlier the priority is to resolve the outstanding issues with what's already been implemented...

however, paying in advance is a major contributor to not having to go into the office. Even without much of the tech that's been discussed above, one warden outside the office keeping the 'paid arrivals' moving straight through onto site is just one simple non-tech process change that will reap decent benefits for all.

young thomas replied on 03/11/2022 13:47

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:11 by Graydjames

Crikey, not for me! Such incredibly narrow pitches and so close to each other. 

No wonder it's cheap. I'd much sooner pay a good price and get what I get with most CMC sites. 

I'd hate it at a place like that. Off topic anyway.

Posted on 03/11/2022 13:47

Funny now we're all different....

I was thinking what a lovely little site that was, probably quiet, too...

Plenty of space space for a MH as typical users rarely have much excess kit...cheap, too...probably (€10-€13).

I'd much rather have a site like this at a third to a quarter of the price of a CAMC site.

off topic, though😉

the real point is that, away from the complexities of the CAMC booking 'experience' there ARE many sites that have simple payment systems (prior to entry) and barrier control, some with 24 hr entry and no resident staff.

we used several recently....

nothing to do with location but everything to do with how modern, simple processes (along with less complex sites to maintain) can drive simple, easy payment/entry processes...and in the site example above, no booking system angst.

However, for those who do wish to book, this type of site does have an option to book if the customer desires to....again all simple and basic....xxx pitches in total, yyy pitches available...decide to book or not.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook