New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

eurortraveller replied on 03/11/2022 10:54

Posted on 03/11/2022 10:54

You can see why sites like this would be so popular for motorhomers if they were available in UK.

No wardens, just a cleaner to sweep round and empty the bins in a morning. No toilet block so no cleaners needed - therefore prices  are low because wages are low.  No pegs so no lecture on which way to pitch. No waiting till 1 pm - entry is possible at all hours with payment by bank card in the barrier. No need to pay for electricity if you don’t need it, with separate payment for those who do. No 6 metre spacing rule. No complex advance booking system

Places like this are up and running in the rest of the world and will reach UK one day.

Graydjames replied on 03/11/2022 11:11

Posted on 03/11/2022 10:54 by eurortraveller

You can see why sites like this would be so popular for motorhomers if they were available in UK.

No wardens, just a cleaner to sweep round and empty the bins in a morning. No toilet block so no cleaners needed - therefore prices  are low because wages are low.  No pegs so no lecture on which way to pitch. No waiting till 1 pm - entry is possible at all hours with payment by bank card in the barrier. No need to pay for electricity if you don’t need it, with separate payment for those who do. No 6 metre spacing rule. No complex advance booking system

Places like this are up and running in the rest of the world and will reach UK one day.

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:11

Crikey, not for me! Such incredibly narrow pitches and so close to each other. 

No wonder it's cheap. I'd much sooner pay a good price and get what I get with most CMC sites. 

I'd hate it at a place like that. Off topic anyway.

JVB66 replied on 03/11/2022 11:15

Posted on 03/11/2022 10:54 by eurortraveller

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:15

When you mentioned motor caravans? with the conversations even this morning on this sparsely occupied site , it is obvious that it seems many motor caravan owners would not dream of going to sites without toilets and showers undecided

SteveL replied on 03/11/2022 11:21

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:21

Just had an email from the club asking me if I want to go paperless with the sites directory and handbook. At first I thought they were pushing an e version of the directory and I would have been happy to go along with that, as I could have loaded it into iBooks on my pad. However, it seems that is not the case, they are pushing the new App as an alternative. I don’t think it can be even used offline. Incidentally there is no mention of a reduction in the membership fee for going paperless.

To be pushing the App as an alternative to the handbook, when it isn’t working properly is just incredible

Graydjames replied on 03/11/2022 11:27

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:21 by SteveL

Just had an email from the club asking me if I want to go paperless with the sites directory and handbook. At first I thought they were pushing an e version of the directory and I would have been happy to go along with that, as I could have loaded it into iBooks on my pad. However, it seems that is not the case, they are pushing the new App as an alternative. I don’t think it can be even used offline. Incidentally there is no mention of a reduction in the membership fee for going paperless.

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:27

I just had that email too. I try not to use smart phone apps. I am not about to make an exception now for the club.

But I can still do without the directory and handbook. I never use it anyway. I do everything I need on the computer at home or in the van.

peedee replied on 03/11/2022 11:32

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:32

To be pushing the App as an alternative to the handbook, when it isn’t working properly is just incredible.

What planet are they on?

peedee

Goldie146 replied on 03/11/2022 11:49

Posted on 03/11/2022 09:58 by KjellNN

We use a small site in Kendal which has ANPR.  When you book you pay a deposit and select your pitch, so you know exactly where to go.  Balance of payment is 6 weeks before arrival, which is the only downside, but the ANPR works very well.

No toilet block, so no wardens, all serviced pitches.  Phone numbers posted should you need to contact owners, or wish to try to book on the day.

As said already, the CCC system works well, with balance payment taken on day of arrival, though there is usually a small delay on arrival to receive paperwork and welcome talk before being shown available pitches.

Recently we were at CCC Jedburgh, there you now go into reception to receive paperwork and barrier code.

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:49

SteveL replied on 03/11/2022 12:09

Posted on 03/11/2022 11:27 by Graydjames

I just had that email too. I try not to use smart phone apps. I am not about to make an exception now for the club.

But I can still do without the directory and handbook. I never use it anyway. I do everything I need on the computer at home or in the van.

Posted on 03/11/2022 12:09

I don’t either but I either want an electronic version, or a discount as I get with the other club to give it up. It’s about time for the club to give a little bit back, so far it’s been all take. Also for those that want it, I suspect some of that is because it can be used where there is no internet. As far as I am aware the new App can’t.

Just checked it does require internet, the old one didn’t.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook