New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 02/11/2022 21:25

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:51 by brue

The C&Cc arrival process is so smooth and works extremely well. The muddled approach from CAMC won't improve anything for arrivals.

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:25

We have only been members of the CCC for a couple if years as OH and I as several of our friends including this clubs staff ,,in both parts of this club could see with this clubs newer senior management team that the ethos of what was a club was being eroded ,in the event both the new ammended name first still not complete? and now in the "dash for cash" with the latest over complicated booking system being a "bolted on"additional part of the continental booking system is never going to be a user friendly system as was the one it has replaced? as can be seen the amount of false starts  that under pressure it seems was still not ready for the unanoused release as most are finding it is still not a a system ready for use by it seems the majority of the membership.

We and sone of those we know have used the ccc deposits system and it works far better than at this time and the way this club handle the IT problems as CT  it will be years if ever the booking system that is now with us will be member user friendly 

paulmold replied on 02/11/2022 21:29

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:08 by ScreenName89CEBADEEA
  • You are all doing better than me, I was a regular user of the old app but can't even get this to search for a site. As I live in my van full time it means I have to use non club sites which are often more expensive.  Its time to pull the plug reinstate the old app or even take it down altogether until this shambles is sorted

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:29

They could actually get far more respect from members if they could only admit they got it wrong and withdrew the new system completely until sorted . Companies are often judged not by the  number of complaints but by the way they handle those complaints . 

Tinwheeler replied on 02/11/2022 21:40

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:29 by paulmold

They could actually get far more respect from members if they could only admit they got it wrong and withdrew the new system completely until sorted . Companies are often judged not by the  number of complaints but by the way they handle those complaints . 

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:40

…..and by the way they treat their customers/members. Maintaining a wall of silence only makes matters worse.

paulmold replied on 02/11/2022 22:20

Posted on 02/11/2022 22:20

Just to illustrate how many people are having problems with the booking app/website, on another forum someone rang up the booking centre, they were number 150 in  the queue due to 'extremely high levels of calls'.

InaD replied on 02/11/2022 22:29

Posted on 02/11/2022 15:49 by peedee

Claachan, from the site details:

Great news, from 24 August 2022 at Clachan Club Campsite to enhance the efficiency of your arrival we’re trialling new number plate recognition technology during check-in. When you arrive onsite the barrier will automatically open and you’ll be checked-in, meaning you can start your holiday sooner! Our site staff will call you ahead of your arrival to take payment in full for your stay and check your vehicle registration is up to date. To find out more please visit our frequently asked questions.

Click >here< for further infomation. Pity they did not do this at Marazion.

peedee

Posted on 02/11/2022 22:29

Thanks peedee; have read your link, interesting.  No need to go into office at all, so no queuing.  Unless of course everyone still arrives at 1pm, but with ANPR that should be less of a problem.

axl replied on 02/11/2022 22:33

Posted on 02/11/2022 22:33

I just gave up and rang, 20 min wait and call handler brilliant but very stressed as she had to use the same system! will just use the phone in future coz you broke something that worked well in the past! I need the late availability as self employed and the new version is.... something that goes in the toilet!!!

InaD replied on 02/11/2022 22:42

Posted on 02/11/2022 16:05 by young thomas

Ina, while it seems a mile away from the what the club normally achieve, I can assure you that this sort of modern technology is being used at sites and Aires all over the uk and Europe.

two UK sites we've used in the past have had ANPR.

having said that, both those had pre booked pitch numbers so all we had to do (the ANPR actually did it) was 'register arrival'.

with the club not having pre selected pitches, it's still relatively easy to let the office know where you've pitched...after all, the patent for the telephone was submitted in 1876!

the club have got themselves into a right pickle here with an overly complex 'system' based on a set of very complex 'rules'. Given their lack of competence with even simple IT changes, this was always going to be 'difficult'.

staying well away from this pig's breakfast.

Posted on 02/11/2022 22:42

YT, I had read about it somewhere.  We did come a cross an ex-municipal site "over there" (France in this case) which was part of the PASS'ETAPES scheme. 

Peedee's link to the trial at Clachan was informative, with ANPR entry and pitch number being communicated via sms.

Perhaps there is hope yet wink but like you, at the moment I'm steering clear of booking anything with CAMC, don't trust it.

young thomas replied on 03/11/2022 08:49

Posted on 02/11/2022 18:15 by SteveL

I am sure you will, however the sort of thing I had in mind was:-

Pull up by site manager, ticked off on list which most seem to have these days, given a site map plus pitching info and let onto site. No need to get out of MH or car. Go back for barrier card etc as normal. 

At sites with sufficient room / personnel. At busy times two queues, one for those who have paid, one for those having to go to the office to pay.

Once onto the new system only, after June 23, hopefully most will have paid before arrival. Personally I would have made it compulsory as it was with the other club during covid. Worked very well.

Posted on 03/11/2022 08:49

I agree with Steve in that, having pre paid, with a barrier system that recognises who you are (and that you've paid), and any required toilet block code has been sent, what is there for a 'check in' to achieve...all this can (and should be done remotely from wardens who have enough to do for those who haven't pre paid..).

pre paid arrivals can then enter the site without stopping at the office and go and find a pitch. Once this is done, a visit to the office to note pitch number might be required (although this could be actioned through the app, if it worked, updating the office system and notifying the warden with a emessage).

the only physical thing to do is collect a barrier fob, but if the exit barrier were also ANPR then this wouldn't be needed either.

all of the above sounds like 'blue sky thinking' compared to the clubs systems but having uprooted everything with this huge technical change, why not employ some simple slick elements which would make life so much easier for wardens and customers...

these sort of integrated ANPR/barrier/payment/confirm message type systems are in use all over the place....from car parks to even MH Aires...

I realise the important thing at the moment is to get the main booking processes working, but just a little thought of what prepayment might be able to add to (take away from?) the arrival process could have led to a really slick market leading effort.

as it is, folk will be asking themselves what's the point of pre payment if you still have to queue with other cars, then stop, get out and queue again in the office to achieve what over and above what can already be easily done electronically?

another opportunity missed?

replied on 03/11/2022 09:15

Posted on 02/11/2022 22:29 by InaD

Thanks peedee; have read your link, interesting.  No need to go into office at all, so no queuing.  Unless of course everyone still arrives at 1pm, but with ANPR that should be less of a problem.

Posted on 03/11/2022 09:15

Technology is great till the human element get involved 🙈 Many sites are still encountering and still struggle with arrivals before 1pm, so a free-for-all would ensue as the barrier activates. I can see the logic of a pre-selected pitch number, but I don’t want one. I like to have a mooch about and pick what suits us. What a palaver? Everything seemed so straightforward and hassle free pre-Covid, when you could make booking through the evening whilst watching a bit of tele, nothing was complicated. Arrive from 12pm (mostly) without any big deal. Even phoning the site if travel plans were making you a bit ahead of time and finding the site staff unflustered and relatively stress-free. We’re on holiday and life was great 🥳

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook