New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 02/11/2022 17:56

Posted on 02/11/2022 17:36 by young thomas

Can't the code be sent via the confirmation email/text?...or even an additional automatic email/text sent for each booking on arrival day to allow for changes to code.

either way, these things shouldn't present insurmountable problems...the club need hauling into the 21st century....20 odd years late, perhaps😉

Posted on 02/11/2022 17:56

I think your answer to what you suggest has been out there may as far as this club? is concerned with the years this website has been falling and the debacle that has been foisted in the membership since last month 

replied on 02/11/2022 17:58

Posted on 02/11/2022 17:36 by young thomas

Can't the code be sent via the confirmation email/text?...or even an additional automatic email/text sent for each booking on arrival day to allow for changes to code.

either way, these things shouldn't present insurmountable problems...the club need hauling into the 21st century....20 odd years late, perhaps😉

Posted on 02/11/2022 17:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 02/11/2022 18:15

Posted on 02/11/2022 13:12 by Arch

I think you'll find even if you have paid in advance you will still have to check in before entering the site so will still have to wait in the queue.

Posted on 02/11/2022 18:15

I am sure you will, however the sort of thing I had in mind was:-

Pull up by site manager, ticked off on list which most seem to have these days, given a site map plus pitching info and let onto site. No need to get out of MH or car. Go back for barrier card etc as normal. 

At sites with sufficient room / personnel. At busy times two queues, one for those who have paid, one for those having to go to the office to pay.

Once onto the new system only, after June 23, hopefully most will have paid before arrival. Personally I would have made it compulsory as it was with the other club during covid. Worked very well.

replied on 02/11/2022 20:10

Posted on 02/11/2022 15:39 by Fastnet

Anyone read the article by Nick Lomas on page 9 of the November 2022 edition of the Club magazine?

This - ‘..so I do appreciate your patience while we got everything working as it should be. ‘ made me laugh. ( My italics )

Why he is still in post is beyond me.

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

paulmold replied on 02/11/2022 20:38

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:38

The 'other club ' still take payment prior to your arrival.  They have your registration number so come out to meet you, give you any site info and map and then  lead you to your pitch, no need to leave your van to check in.

TobyLeeds replied on 02/11/2022 20:40

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:40

The club have really over complicated what should have been a very simple  booking process.

when I book a restaurant (home or abroad) or some sites, I give my credit card to secure the booking. If I cancel or amend the money is taken as per terms and conditions. 

when I arrive at said restaurant or site I often pay with cash or a pre paid currency card. My credit card is just a guarantee.

it’s easy, it works and was how I imagined the booking deposit would work

Silly me

DavidKlyne replied on 02/11/2022 20:45

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:38 by paulmold

The 'other club ' still take payment prior to your arrival.  They have your registration number so come out to meet you, give you any site info and map and then  lead you to your pitch, no need to leave your van to check in.

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:45

I think the C&CC system of paying in advance works very well. You get an email with details of the payment on the morning of arrival. What surprises me in a way is that the CMC have not followed the same route where you have no choice but to pay in advance. Allowing it as an option seems a fudge to me. It would allow more options for automation on arrival.

David

brue replied on 02/11/2022 20:51

Posted on 02/11/2022 20:51

The C&Cc arrival process is so smooth and works extremely well. The muddled approach from CAMC won't improve anything for arrivals.

JVB66 replied on 02/11/2022 21:00

Posted on 02/11/2022 15:39 by Fastnet

Anyone read the article by Nick Lomas on page 9 of the November 2022 edition of the Club magazine?

This - ‘..so I do appreciate your patience while we got everything working as it should be. ‘ made me laugh. ( My italics )

Why he is still in post is beyond me.

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:00

I would think the November magazine was finalized and at the printers at the beginning of October if not earlier 

The articles would have been written in advance of going so it seems problems were expected with the eventual launch of the system a but nothing to how bad it still is hence piece by Mr Lomas as was his glossing over of it at the AGM

ScreenName89CEBADEEA replied on 02/11/2022 21:08

Posted on 02/11/2022 21:08

• You are all doing better than me, I was a regular user of the old app but can't even get this to search for a site. As I live in my van full time it means I have to use non club sites which are often more expensive.  Its time to pull the plug reinstate the old app or even take it down altogether until this shambles is sorted
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook