New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Cornersteady replied on 01/11/2022 16:09

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:26 by EmilysDad

differing bands on differing days makes the difference when people are shuffling a day or so at the beginning &/or end of their stay

Posted on 01/11/2022 16:09

Again as I posted it wouldn't bother me as if I'm shifting or adding anything it's because that's what I want to do for my holiday to suit me, not bothered if will either cost more or less it's what I want to do.

replied on 01/11/2022 16:16

Posted on 01/11/2022 16:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 01/11/2022 16:30

Posted on 01/11/2022 16:30

My latest attempt was to try and find late availability for a multi-site trip around the north of England later this month

HowieT, I would be interested to know what was your problem? As a trial.I have just put three sites into my basket for a weeks November tour of northern England. I could have added more. It didn't take me long.

peedee

Floodys replied on 01/11/2022 17:21

Posted on 01/11/2022 17:21

Had a brief look today for next years holidays, seemed quite hard compared to the last system, we only book CL’s which seem more and more pushed out in favour of the club sites and seems hard to find/filter one now. The old search system worked and was nice to find a site, read the owners description, see pics etc. The quick look today didn’t seem like it had that? As others have said, like a lot of things these days… if it ain’t broke… don’t fix it. đź‘Ť

brue replied on 01/11/2022 17:42

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:27 by clarinetman

When we arrived at York Rowntree having paid a deposit I was informed in the office when I went to pay that there was nothing to pay as the money had been taken from my account at 2am that morning, when I asked why when I wanted to pay on arrival they said I obviously hadn’t ticked the box, funny the other two bookings I had made were noted on my bookings as “pay on arrival” I didn’t argue no point as I had no record but also as previously said no receipt offered, I had to check my bank account to see what had been taken.

some people may for a one night stay wish to pay cash how’s that going to work if they are taking money from bank accounts whether you tick the box or not.

Posted on 01/11/2022 17:42

Ref a pre booked one night stay this will still involve a deposit and could involve a small amount left over above the basic £25. The deposit gets taken off in advance so the remainder will be a small amount of cash or card debit, you can opt for paying the remainder on the day or pay the full amount in advance. Depends how quickly you want to process your arrival.

Arch replied on 01/11/2022 18:15

Posted on 01/11/2022 18:15

Thanks to the person who mentioned searchforsites website I've just registered and used it without problems its fast has a map search function that works on my equipment I will be using this in future.

fletchrf replied on 01/11/2022 19:57

Posted on 01/11/2022 19:57

I have just tried to book a week next July. I logged on. I then entered where I wanted to go and when, the cogs whirred for a while and then I was invited to enter exactly the same information on another page. They also wanted my outfit details (already held by the Club) my personal details (already held by the Club) and my wife's details (why?). How is this streamlined? For goodness sake put the IT guys back in their box, and go back to the old system PLEASE!

davetommo replied on 01/11/2022 20:39

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:36 by paulmold

I'm reading on other forums that even if you untick the box so you can pay on arrival, it re-ticks once you click on proceed unless you're quick enough to untick it again. Another problem for their IT 'experts' to sort.

Posted on 01/11/2022 20:39

I booked 2 sites in Scotland for last week on the phone. Paid the deposit and told them I would pay the rest on arrival. When I got to each site I was told that the money had been taken out of my account. At the end of the day the 2 payments were unauthorised. Could this be classed as theft.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/11/2022 20:44

Posted on 01/11/2022 12:19 by DavidKlyne

That all sounds pretty logical to me. I suppose one might argue that losing money because you have moved the days is a bit harsh but in reality it's going to be a relatively small amount of money. If my calculation is correct on a ÂŁ40 a night booking you would lose ÂŁ8, plus a few pence of the original deposit? 

David

Posted on 01/11/2022 20:44

I for one would not count having to forgo 20%+ of the cost as a relatively small amount, perhaps to somebody like yourself if might be peanuts but I suspect not so for the major of members.

replied on 01/11/2022 21:03

Posted on 01/11/2022 20:39 by davetommo

I booked 2 sites in Scotland for last week on the phone. Paid the deposit and told them I would pay the rest on arrival. When I got to each site I was told that the money had been taken out of my account. At the end of the day the 2 payments were unauthorised. Could this be classed as theft.

Posted on 01/11/2022 21:03

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook