New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 01/11/2022 14:05

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:58 by SteveL

I have also wondered about this extra charge it making a change to a booking. I saw it mentioned pages ago and have been awaiting an answer to pop up but nothing yet. Is it as you say or is it another method of extracting more money out of members.

As I read the T&C’s it could be for one of three possible reasons. If you moved the booking within 21 days to another site for the same days, there would no penalty, but you might have to pay a few pence more deposit if the new site was more expensive.

If within 21 days you deleted the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

Whether outside of or within the 21 days, If you just added a day to your booking, you would have to pay the extra deposit for that day.

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 01/11/2022 14:10

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:02 by SteveL

Presumably another device incompatibility issue. On an iPad I get this:-

PS how do you tow a tent, as it’s there as a separate option?

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:10

That is the screen I get   we usually have a trailer on the hook of our pvc but nothing to tick surprised

KjellNN replied on 01/11/2022 14:11

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:05 by

If within 21 days you deleted the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

That is outrageous. What a wonderful and very sneaky money spinner.  I wonder how much that will net CC Ltd annually.  

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:11

Makes me glad we are no longer using Club sites!

replied on 01/11/2022 14:48

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:10 by JVB66

That is the screen I get   we usually have a trailer on the hook of our pvc but nothing to tick surprised

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 01/11/2022 15:00

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:48 by

A couple of points John.

You may find that what you get in the drop down list depends on what you have input above, i.e. Car, MH, etc.

I assume that prior to this wonderful new system whether or not you bowled up with a trailer or not made no difference.  Unless some form of pitch allocation is now taking place why should it make any difference now.  Don't stress about it 😉.

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:00

Not stressed just another part of the debacle of a system we have had foysted on the membership yell

JVB66 replied on 01/11/2022 15:25

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:25

Good luck to anyone trying to do a booking while staying at FM as part of a tour 

I have just tried another dummy booking with the system and have been on three different types  on 3mobile Tesco which is 2mobile and the site WiFi and all lost connection with the time it took to input the data required yell

EmilysDad replied on 01/11/2022 15:26

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:46 by Cornersteady

All this talk of varying prices bands is a bit of red herring in relation to this thread, for one thing it was there before this new system (and in fact in 1999 when I joined there were six prices bands so it's not a new things at all) and the prices are site specific anyway.

Secondly, and most importantly (for me anyway) you chooses sites, pitch type and dates and then the only decision is do you want to pay it?

I never work out what the individual days are costing or if they cross into a differencing band, it's where I want to be on holiday and so it's just the final price I look at. 

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:26

differing bands on differing days makes the difference when people are shuffling a day or so at the beginning &/or end of their stay

HowieT replied on 01/11/2022 15:30

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:30

I have yet to make a booking using the new system. I have started the process several times and given up. I am computer literate, having spent a long career in the IT industry and I am the "go to" person among among my friends and contemporary relatives for "technical advice". I have access to several devices - Windows 10 PC, Chromebook, Android tablet & Android phone. I don't do Apple.

My latest attempt was to try and find late availability for a multi-site trip around the north of England later this month. Before the introduction of the new system - and thanks to the introduction not so long ago of a new "late availability" facility - this was a doddle. Choose an area or two and a start date (for the search not necessarily the trip) and hey presto there was a list of sites and the availability for each day.

The new system is such a step backwards it beggars belief that that anyone could consider it fit for purpose. The old system had its issues in terms of performance and capacity, occasionally involving quite slow response times, but it was clearly designed by people who understood how caravanners and motorhomers tick. Why didn't the "club" just add a deposit system and stick the whole thing on a beefier platform?

I'm off to plan the trip using searchforsites and Park4Night now and it won't involve any CAMC sites (unless they're CLs). Using these is not as easy as using the old system but it's a lot less stressful than using the new one.

SteveL replied on 01/11/2022 15:47

Posted on 01/11/2022 15:47

You may find that what you get in the drop down list depends on what you have input above, i.e. Car, MH, etc.

Looks like that’s the case DD. If I select our MH from the list, all I get is caravan, trailer tent or car. No trailer.

The only way to get a trailer in the towing box is to select it before vehicle type, as I did when I took the screen shot. What I hadn’t realised is that as soon as you select a MH as your main vehicle it disappears. Clearly work needed if they want that information, although like DD I can’t see why it is necessary.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/11/2022 16:08

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:27 by clarinetman

When we arrived at York Rowntree having paid a deposit I was informed in the office when I went to pay that there was nothing to pay as the money had been taken from my account at 2am that morning, when I asked why when I wanted to pay on arrival they said I obviously hadn’t ticked the box, funny the other two bookings I had made were noted on my bookings as “pay on arrival” I didn’t argue no point as I had no record but also as previously said no receipt offered, I had to check my bank account to see what had been taken.

some people may for a one night stay wish to pay cash how’s that going to work if they are taking money from bank accounts whether you tick the box or not.

Posted on 01/11/2022 16:08

When you pay before arrival don't they email a confirmation that they have done that like the C&CC does? I wouldn't expect one from the site but I would expect an email.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook