New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 01/11/2022 10:08

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:08

Content has been removed.

young thomas replied on 01/11/2022 10:40

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:07 by

I'm lost.  What are these small extra charges for?  Surely not for the privilege of having another experience using the system online?

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:40

DD, it may be that, with the club's obsession with small price differences from week to week, a change that's pushes back a three day stay by a day, may mean a small increase in the daily charge for one of those days....

when looking at the old price lists (no idea where they might be these days) it was apparent that prices changed week by week (if not day by day when a Fri/Sat/BH/R in the month etc)...

I've definitely seen adjacent days be priced differently by a few pence...10 in one instance I seem to recallšŸ¤·šŸ»‍ā™‚ļø

with the advent of this new system and the choice of HS/grass etc (along with the many other pitch types) this was a great opportunity to rationalise (simplify) the price lists....but hey ho....on we go.

replied on 01/11/2022 11:00

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:00

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 01/11/2022 11:04

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:44 by SteveL

The CAMC isnā€™t alone in its request for small amounts of additional money when you amend something. When I did it with the C&CC it was via a phone call, as I couldnā€™t see any way to do it online. Although the amendment was easy, it required a further 8p charge on my credit card.šŸ˜‚

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:04

Interesting to read that, and Jen's post about amendments involving an extra cost of a few pence.

So here's a cautionary tale for those who think the club's booking t&c are harsh .... yesterday I booked a holiday for next February with tui - you know, the company that features a huge smile in their logo. When the confirmation came through I spotted that my first name had been abbreviated (probably my fault using auto fill on my tablet!) So I thought I'd better check as obviously it wouldn't match the name on my passport. Rang tui twice (got cut off the first time ...) and eventually spoke to an actual human. "Ah, yes" she said "no problem, we'll just need to make a name change - it'll cost...wait for it .... £98 to do that".

She must have heard my reaction so she quickly said "or, because it's within 24 hours the alternative is to cancel your original booking and I can rebook it for you with your full name - that'll only be £49!"

Still think the club t&c are harsh!!

(Incidentally, does anyone know if I'd have got away with just "Chris" on the ticket rather than my full name?)

Tammygirl replied on 01/11/2022 11:06

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:40 by young thomas

DD, it may be that, with the club's obsession with small price differences from week to week, a change that's pushes back a three day stay by a day, may mean a small increase in the daily charge for one of those days....

when looking at the old price lists (no idea where they might be these days) it was apparent that prices changed week by week (if not day by day when a Fri/Sat/BH/R in the month etc)...

I've definitely seen adjacent days be priced differently by a few pence...10 in one instance I seem to recallšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

with the advent of this new system and the choice of HS/grass etc (along with the many other pitch types) this was a great opportunity to rationalise (simplify) the price lists....but hey ho....on we go.

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:06

YT, totally agree with you on CAMC pricing. Why not make it simple low, medium and high, that's all that is required. High season obviously would cover school, bank and public holidays. Medium would be the shoulder season either side of them and everything else should be low season.

I have also wondered about this extra charge it making a change to a booking. I saw it mentioned pages ago and have been awaiting an answer to pop up but nothing yet. Is it as you say or is it another method of extracting more money out of members.

I haven't played a lot on the new booking system but enough to know it's still not great. I was pretty nifty getting around the old one and could do a booking in less than 5 mins if I knew which site I wanted to use. The other day it took me 15 mins to get to the site I wanted, find availability and price for 2. I didn't book it as all I wanted was the price but if I had booked it it probably would have added another 5 mins to the time.

Sorry (not sorry) but I won't be playing those games. If this mess isn't sorted by the time my membership is due for renewal I won't be renewing. 

Graydjames replied on 01/11/2022 11:08

Posted on 31/10/2022 21:45 by SteveL

Not really TW. The system is now set up to provide paperless receipts. Something I thoroughly support. All our bookings were under the old system and except for Clumber and the first day were provided in this manner. Iā€™ve no idea wether all sites can provide a printed one if requested, you would think they could. However, perhaps the warden at M in M didnā€™t know how to do it and therefore provided a hand written one. Either way I donā€™t see it as a particularly poor show, or worthy of the comment ā€œyou couldnā€™t make it upā€. Just good customer service, the warden was providing what the customer requested. Most are probably happy with the paperless receipt, particularly if they pay by card.

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:08

May I ask what you mean by paperless receipts? 

I made several bookings some time ago, on the old system. The new system came in and my bookings were migrated. I paid them all online, before arriving at the sites (I really like the ability to do that, by the way, and I am very happy with deposits as well).

I received nothing back to acknowledge my payment. I'd expected an email. There was a message on screen after payment saying something like Paid in full (can't recall exact words), but that disappears into the either never to be seen again. Is that your paperless receipt? I like something I can go back to - some kind of record of my payment other than my bank or credit card statement.

There is a list of my previous bookings in my profile, but even that does not show "Paid" or something similar.

No record at all is not a paperless receipt. It is NO receipt. Perhaps, I am missing something?  

replied on 01/11/2022 11:20

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:06 by Tammygirl

YT, totally agree with you on CAMC pricing. Why not make it simple low, medium and high, that's all that is required. High season obviously would cover school, bank and public holidays. Medium would be the shoulder season either side of them and everything else should be low season.

I have also wondered about this extra charge it making a change to a booking. I saw it mentioned pages ago and have been awaiting an answer to pop up but nothing yet. Is it as you say or is it another method of extracting more money out of members.

I haven't played a lot on the new booking system but enough to know it's still not great. I was pretty nifty getting around the old one and could do a booking in less than 5 mins if I knew which site I wanted to use. The other day it took me 15 mins to get to the site I wanted, find availability and price for 2. I didn't book it as all I wanted was the price but if I had booked it it probably would have added another 5 mins to the time.

Sorry (not sorry) but I won't be playing those games. If this mess isn't sorted by the time my membership is due for renewal I won't be renewing. 

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:20

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Lyke Wake Man replied on 01/11/2022 11:21

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:21

the new system is awful, I don't use the expensive club sites, but I am made to look at them,

the old system I could untick club sites and tick the C.L. s so I only loaded the C.L.s on my screen, but the new system won't let me untick club sites, but you can untick C.L.s 

it looks like the club wants you to book Club sites and NOT C.L.s

and on the web site booking it won't display the price of C.Ls but it did on the old system

the only way to view the prices is to use my mobile app where the screen is fiddly and small 

Tammygirl replied on 01/11/2022 11:43

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:20 by

I just tried a test booking using Exmoor House as my target.  For this month and much of next it all the same daily price but there is a substantial rise, not just a few pence per day, for the Xmas and New Year periods.  It looked like low or medium to high seasons pricing.  I'm still not sure of the reason for very small changes although I did wonder if it's the computer rounding up or down šŸ˜•.

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:43

I think at this time of year the prices do stabalise a bit (it is low season after all) it's more in the lighter months April through to October, as YT says the prices used to go up and down my tiny amounts almost daily.

It would be useful if the club could answer some of the questions that members have been asking. Not just here but on other social media sites.

The state of this new booking system is even a topic of discussion among Brits holidaying over here in Spain, no one approves and most have vowed to leave if it doesn't improve. 

SteveL replied on 01/11/2022 11:44

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:08 by Graydjames

I made several bookings some time ago, on the old system. The new system came in and my bookings were migrated. I paid them all online, before arriving at the sites (I really like the ability to do that, by the way, and I am very happy with deposits as well).

I received nothing back to acknowledge my payment. I'd expected an email. There was a message on screen after payment saying something like Paid in full (can't recall exact words), but that disappears into the either never to be seen again. Is that your paperless receipt? I like something I can go back to - some kind of record of my payment other than my bank or credit card statement.

There is a list of my previous bookings in my profile, but even that does not show "Paid" or something similar.

No record at all is not a paperless receipt. It is NO receipt. Perhaps, I am missing something?  

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:44

In our case it was paying for an old style booking on arrival. An email receipt was sent within seconds of paying. I just save  them in an invoice file on my pad.  I would have thought the same should have happened when you paid in advance. I would assume it’s another system malfunction. Certainly when the other club takes the balance before arrival you get an email confirmation.

I think it is something you need to take up with the club as it’s not acceptable.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook