New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 21:45

Posted on 31/10/2022 21:11 by Tinwheeler

I don’t get what you’re saying, Steve. This guy, who I have no reason to doubt, booked under the old system. He paid on arrival at MiM and wanted a receipt there and then as he would get if he paid for a bottle of milk in a supermarket. Whether he had access to emails, I don’t know but the only receipt he could be given was a hand written one. Maybe it was warden error but, whatever, it was a pretty poor show.

Posted on 31/10/2022 21:45

Not really TW. The system is now set up to provide paperless receipts. Something I thoroughly support. All our bookings were under the old system and except for Clumber and the first day were provided in this manner. I’ve no idea wether all sites can provide a printed one if requested, you would think they could. However, perhaps the warden at M in M didn’t know how to do it and therefore provided a hand written one. Either way I don’t see it as a particularly poor show, or worthy of the comment “you couldn’t make it up”. Just good customer service, the warden was providing what the customer requested. Most are probably happy with the paperless receipt, particularly if they pay by card.

ABM replied on 31/10/2022 21:52

Posted on 31/10/2022 09:23 by Goldie146

No offence taken - well, just a little bit! I am not a "farmer's wife" I am a farmer.  Not all farmers work outside in muck and wellies.

Sorry for my soapbox moment.

Posted on 31/10/2022 21:52

I grovel ~ I cringe ~ I cower ~ I am so very sorry  cry !

Think that's enough creeping n crawling for tonight  ??

Tinwheeler replied on 31/10/2022 22:04

Posted on 31/10/2022 21:45 by SteveL

Not really TW. The system is now set up to provide paperless receipts. Something I thoroughly support. All our bookings were under the old system and except for Clumber and the first day were provided in this manner. I’ve no idea wether all sites can provide a printed one if requested, you would think they could. However, perhaps the warden at M in M didn’t know how to do it and therefore provided a hand written one. Either way I don’t see it as a particularly poor show, or worthy of the comment “you couldn’t make it up”. Just good customer service, the warden was providing what the customer requested. Most are probably happy with the paperless receipt, particularly if they pay by card.

Posted on 31/10/2022 22:04

We see if differently, Steve, and I stand by my comments.

Incidentally, the wardens didn’t even realise the poster had not already paid until he pointed it out. It doesn’t really inspire confidence in the club or its wardens in my opinion.

paulmold replied on 31/10/2022 22:19

Posted on 31/10/2022 22:19

Just read on a FB group that even if you tick box to say you'll pay balance on arrival, they still took payment from bank. 

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 22:45

Posted on 31/10/2022 22:19 by paulmold

Just read on a FB group that even if you tick box to say you'll pay balance on arrival, they still took payment from bank. 

Posted on 31/10/2022 22:45

Don’t know if it’s the same on all platforms, but on the my iPad the box is pre ticked for payment the day before. So I presume you would have to untick it if you didn’t want that to happen.

OnlyJen replied on 01/11/2022 09:23

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:23

Well sadly the discussion get's personal again, and I say "sadly" because we are talking about an organisation that I have had over 30 years association with.

I do object when some people feel the need to refer to those that hold an opposing view as "a vocal minority", in this case a vocal minority that needs the club to tell them when and where to go to.

Well, I am a vocal majority in that case because I know exactly where I want to go, when and for how long, 13 sites over two months next year.  As we will not be spending much time on site, mostly taking part in a long day of physical activity, the nature of the site does not bother us. EHU, preferably hardstanding, clean showers, and plentiful facilities is what we need most and for the last 30 years our route would almost be planned around the availability of club sites.

Not any more. Trying to book was a nightmare. We ended up with only 1 of 13 sites being a club site. The search engine I use now is Searchforsites, not the club site, and the majority of sites that I use now are small independents.

I accept the booking system is now much improved from the contemptible launch. However take last weeks laughter moment. I wanted to amend a  booking at the one and only club site I am booked on. Multiple pages later, goodness knows how many key strokes, getting slightly irritated with all the faff,  I now have to pay an extra deposit, having made sure first that I've unticked the "Pay full amount before arrival" box.   So yet another page to enter more information on, another bank transaction to process, another approval process on my bank app....  for what?  30 pence!!

No thanks. A lot easier to just email an independent and say "hi, thanks for confirming my booking, can I just change the date of arrival please?"

Now, not a grumble., I'm no longer upset enough to bother grumbling. An observation. Compared to 1990 when I planned a substantial part of an 1,100 mile route around the availability of club sites, the club is now hardly worthy of a consideration as it has fallen so far behind in ease of search, ease of booking and outfacing customer service.

SteveL replied on 01/11/2022 09:44

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:44

The CAMC isn’t alone in its request for small amounts of additional money when you amend something. When I did it with the C&CC it was via a phone call, as I couldn’t see any way to do it online. Although the amendment was easy, it required a further 8p charge on my credit card.😂

JVB66 replied on 01/11/2022 09:53

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:53

But everyone should know in this day unless a box can be ticked nothing can appear to work undecided

Tried another dummy booking last night cry

It asks if you are towing but there is not a "box* for trailersurprised

SteveL replied on 01/11/2022 10:02

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:53 by JVB66

But everyone should know in this day unless a box can be ticked nothing can appear to work undecided

Tried another dummy booking last night cry

It asks if you are towing but there is not a "box* for trailersurprised

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:02

Presumably another device incompatibility issue. On an iPad I get this:-

PS how do you tow a tent, as it’s there as a separate option?

replied on 01/11/2022 10:07

Posted on 01/11/2022 09:23 by OnlyJen

Well sadly the discussion get's personal again, and I say "sadly" because we are talking about an organisation that I have had over 30 years association with.

I do object when some people feel the need to refer to those that hold an opposing view as "a vocal minority", in this case a vocal minority that needs the club to tell them when and where to go to.

Well, I am a vocal majority in that case because I know exactly where I want to go, when and for how long, 13 sites over two months next year.  As we will not be spending much time on site, mostly taking part in a long day of physical activity, the nature of the site does not bother us. EHU, preferably hardstanding, clean showers, and plentiful facilities is what we need most and for the last 30 years our route would almost be planned around the availability of club sites.

Not any more. Trying to book was a nightmare. We ended up with only 1 of 13 sites being a club site. The search engine I use now is Searchforsites, not the club site, and the majority of sites that I use now are small independents.

I accept the booking system is now much improved from the contemptible launch. However take last weeks laughter moment. I wanted to amend a  booking at the one and only club site I am booked on. Multiple pages later, goodness knows how many key strokes, getting slightly irritated with all the faff,  I now have to pay an extra deposit, having made sure first that I've unticked the "Pay full amount before arrival" box.   So yet another page to enter more information on, another bank transaction to process, another approval process on my bank app....  for what?  30 pence!!

No thanks. A lot easier to just email an independent and say "hi, thanks for confirming my booking, can I just change the date of arrival please?"

Now, not a grumble., I'm no longer upset enough to bother grumbling. An observation. Compared to 1990 when I planned a substantial part of an 1,100 mile route around the availability of club sites, the club is now hardly worthy of a consideration as it has fallen so far behind in ease of search, ease of booking and outfacing customer service.

Posted on 01/11/2022 10:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook