New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 31/10/2022 13:13

Posted on 31/10/2022 12:25 by SteveL

I think that is totally over complicating what is a fairly simple operation. The map is there to be used. Works on My Mac, iPad and iphone using both the web site and the App. The only filter you need is the one that shows CL’s. Zoom in on town of interest and CL’s in view will be displayed in the list.

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:13

Yes but the questioner was looking for the list that is identified with each town, as in the handbook. This is still available on a PC. They explained why they wanted this. You or I might find our preferred CLs in a different way, but that is not what the person who posed the question wanted.

peedee replied on 31/10/2022 13:31

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:11 by paulmold

Well it must be only Apple products that can use it. Thousands of people do not have or want Apple products. I've used my Android phone (version 11 ) and my Android Samsung tablet (also version 11) and my laptop Windows 10 and none work to any satisfactory degree. I don't care about the T&Cs, we knew deposits were coming , I just want an app or website (they are both the same ) that works as well as the old ones did. The map doesn't expand or even move, you can't search regions like the old systems, you need to put UK after town names or you get a drop down menu of anywhere in the world with the same name. Looks as if I'll have to revert to the booking centre by phone and join the long queue, or simply use the other club .

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:31

I am not having any problem using a Windows 10 desktop or Samsung Tablet running Android version 12. It doesn't work so well on small screen devices but. I can also get by using my smart phone running Android version 10.

I think what you are really saying is you preferred the old booking system.

peedee

paulmold replied on 31/10/2022 13:35

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:35

Of course I preferred the old systems, it worked. Im perfectly happy to use any new system if it works. 

Tinwheeler replied on 31/10/2022 13:38

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:31 by peedee

I am not having any problem using a Windows 10 desktop or Samsung Tablet running Android version 12. It doesn't work so well on small screen devices but. I can also get by using my smart phone running Android version 10.

I think what you are really saying is you preferred the old booking system.

peedee

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:38

But you admitted only yesterday that there,are failings in the system, PD, so there clearly are problems and it's just that you're happy to use long winded workarounds.

Is there anyone, anyone at all, who didn't prefer the old system?

peedee replied on 31/10/2022 13:44

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:44

But you admitted only yesterday that there,are failings in the system, PD

So I did but none of them are serious or stop you making a booking for which you do not need any work arounds.

peedee.

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 14:05

Posted on 31/10/2022 14:05

There clearly are failings in searches, filters etc. However, as PD says none of these stop you making a booking.  Hopefully these deficiencies will be fixed in time, although I have no great expectation of that. 
As I said the map is there to be used, it works very well and makes searching for a site in an area of interest simplicity itself. No work arounds are required, the map is designed to be used in this manner. As it is also designed to show the results of your search, which does not currently work

Guess which of the two  options I use?

There does need to be a link to leaving a review and directions. The fact this has not been done in 7 weeks is totally unacceptable.

wedgy replied on 31/10/2022 16:26

Posted on 31/10/2022 11:57 by Arch

I have just received Novembers club magazine on reading Nick Lomas opinion column I am totally dismayed by his lack of acknowledgement of the issues the new system has brought on the members he even goes to great lengths to praise and recommend using the new app, a couple of pages further on is a double page article on A New Way To Book extolling the virtues of the new system and a brief We sincerely apologise for any problems experienced during the First week after launch and really appreciate your patience while we got everything working correctly, what total rubbish I've given up any hope of this system ever being fit for purpose.

Posted on 31/10/2022 16:26

100 % agree with everything said. I cannot imagine they really believe the propaganda printed in the Mag and therfore I feel the membership are being treated with contempt. Why do they think it's a benefit to add UK and overseas bookings on the same system ? how many people actually do this ? As for stating more bookings made than for the same period in previous years !! of course they were because there were three months worth once the bookings were re opened. 

Totally dissapointed with everything the new booking experience provides and absolutely nothing improved over the previous system. 

I will not be jumping ship but I will definitely do all I can to find alternative sites in future wherever possible. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook