New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 31/10/2022 10:35

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:06 by Takethedogalong

I wouldn’t doubt your findings Nellie, you have been out and about more than us this year.
Suffolk, we were on one full CL, one only one pitch remaining, and much to our surprise, the little very basic churchyard CL was popular. Back in April the CL we used at Grantham was full, the CL up in D&G was full as well. Cromford in May was full. Wortley Hall full end of May, but that included three outfits at wedding. So the ones we have used have all been busy. 

No idea on Club Sites really. Getting plenty of emails asking us to visit though, so guessing some places not busy. We won’t be booking up front. Might roll along to Clumber in a couple of weeks time, ask on the day if they have a pitch spare. Apologies to anyone who might be behind us doing a rapid book in🤣

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:35

Similarly, all bar one of the CLs we used have had 4 or 5 pitches taken. The one that wasn’t was a new site and that had 2 max while we were there.

One owner said things had been slow to get going, bookings coming in later than usual.

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 10:37

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:29 by Moocher

Could someone please advise how i find a CL listed in a particular town. For many years I've been trying to visit one site from every town. I ONLY want to see sites that are listed under each town, not the ones nearby. This was not a problem with the old system.

There are many more problems with the new website, too numerous to list here.

If a solution to this problem can't be found quickly, I'm afraid i will have to move on along with my insurance policies

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:37

You could use the map. If you zoom in on the area around the town you are interested in. It will show you the CL’s and the ones in view will be displayed in the list. You can then click on any of interest for more information.

JVB66 replied on 31/10/2022 10:41

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:33 by SteveL

Not for Cirencester and Clumber. Grass pitches shown as closed and HS £1 more than the from price.
Ferry Meadows shows a minimum price of £20, although a HS pitch can currently be booked for £18.60 with one adult.

There is just a total lack of any consistency.☹️ Does nobody check these things? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:41

With the amount of not checking before the unannounced introduction of the booking system is it a suprise that so many other areasof not checking is in the systemsurprised

Hja replied on 31/10/2022 10:50

Could someone please advise how i find a CL listed in a particular town. For many years I've been trying to visit one site from every town. I ONLY want to see sites that are listed under each town, not the ones nearby. This was not a problem with the old system.

If a solution to this problem can't be found quickly, I'm afraid i will have to move on along with my insurance policies

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:50

It depends what device you are using. If it is a PC then go to uk bookings, find CLs and you get through to the original page where you either sort by map or country, county, town.

I don’t think you can do that on an iPad. Again it’s uk bookings, drop down arrow to select CLs. Then you need to click the filter button to remove overseas and affiliated sites. You can’t remove club sites. Click update. Then ensure you have selected location and put in town. Select uk version of the town! And then hope! You will not get the selection you used to. I think they identify the nearest 20.

To be honest, to select by town it’s easiest on a PC, in my experience.

eurortraveller replied on 31/10/2022 11:08

Posted on 31/10/2022 11:08

Just Google CAMC site plus name of town you want.

KjellNN replied on 31/10/2022 11:51

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:17 by nelliethehooker

CLs have been busier than usual these last couple of years.

Tda, of the CLs that we have used this last trip only one has been full for the time we were there. Most of the CL owners have said that this year they are way down on occupancy compared to the two previous years, and even below pre Covid levels. Even the two club sites that we used were less full that we have seen at similar times previously. I think some of the statistics that the "club" have been giving out on occupancy levels are stretching the truth to suit their narrative.

Posted on 31/10/2022 11:51

We used 2 CLs on our September/October 3 week trip (plus 2 CCC and 1 commercial).......East Fortune was empty when we arrived but eventually had 4 outfits.......Well House nr Hexham had 1 there when we came and 2 more arrived during our stay, so it does seem pretty variable.

I would think time of year and weather influences occupancy to a fair degree, also pitch surface and level of facilities.

While we almost always use only hardstandings, in good weather only hook up is essential, but in bad weather we would favour sites with serviced pitches.  In fact, we are looking more and more for serviced pitches as we age!

Not bothered at all with toilets/showers on site as we very rarely use other than our on board facilities.

The CLs we used in June/July were much busier, the weather was superb, and Easter was also busy both on the CL and most of the other sites we used, presumably as schools were on holiday.

Looking at ideas for next Spring, OH was commenting on how expensive some CLs are getting, especially newer ones.  She saw one at £30+.   It did however have full facilities, which it seems some people are looking for.

Arch replied on 31/10/2022 11:57

Posted on 31/10/2022 11:57

I have just received Novembers club magazine on reading Nick Lomas opinion column I am totally dismayed by his lack of acknowledgement of the issues the new system has brought on the members he even goes to great lengths to praise and recommend using the new app, a couple of pages further on is a double page article on A New Way To Book extolling the virtues of the new system and a brief We sincerely apologise for any problems experienced during the First week after launch and really appreciate your patience while we got everything working correctly, what total rubbish I've given up any hope of this system ever being fit for purpose.

Tinwheeler replied on 31/10/2022 12:08

Posted on 31/10/2022 11:57 by Arch

I have just received Novembers club magazine on reading Nick Lomas opinion column I am totally dismayed by his lack of acknowledgement of the issues the new system has brought on the members he even goes to great lengths to praise and recommend using the new app, a couple of pages further on is a double page article on A New Way To Book extolling the virtues of the new system and a brief We sincerely apologise for any problems experienced during the First week after launch and really appreciate your patience while we got everything working correctly, what total rubbish I've given up any hope of this system ever being fit for purpose.

Posted on 31/10/2022 12:08

We mentioned it briefly yesterday, Arch, and NL's page was just more of the same old 'better experience' stuff. I wonder if he believes what he (or somebody) writes🤔

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 12:25

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:50 by Hja

It depends what device you are using. If it is a PC then go to uk bookings, find CLs and you get through to the original page where you either sort by map or country, county, town.

I don’t think you can do that on an iPad. Again it’s uk bookings, drop down arrow to select CLs. Then you need to click the filter button to remove overseas and affiliated sites. You can’t remove club sites. Click update. Then ensure you have selected location and put in town. Select uk version of the town! And then hope! You will not get the selection you used to. I think they identify the nearest 20.

To be honest, to select by town it’s easiest on a PC, in my experience.

Posted on 31/10/2022 12:25

I think that is totally over complicating what is a fairly simple operation. The map is there to be used. Works on My Mac, iPad and iphone using both the web site and the App. The only filter you need is the one that shows CL’s. Zoom in on town of interest and CL’s in view will be displayed in the list.

paulmold replied on 31/10/2022 13:11

Posted on 31/10/2022 13:11

Well it must be only Apple products that can use it. Thousands of people do not have or want Apple products. I've used my Android phone (version 11 ) and my Android Samsung tablet (also version 11) and my laptop Windows 10 and none work to any satisfactory degree. I don't care about the T&Cs, we knew deposits were coming , I just want an app or website (they are both the same ) that works as well as the old ones did. The map doesn't expand or even move, you can't search regions like the old systems, you need to put UK after town names or you get a drop down menu of anywhere in the world with the same name. Looks as if I'll have to revert to the booking centre by phone and join the long queue, or simply use the other club .

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook