New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 21:29

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:20 by Takethedogalong

Yes, there were two warnings given at the AGM that the Club expects next year to be difficult. Prices will rise, and they didn’t give the impression that anything for any reason might be discounted, certainly not over 60’s Membership, or opting out of paper/plastic stuff.

I can’t really comment on the legality of the T&Cs, but after reading through most of them, I would be wary of committing to a lot of bookings upfront. And an extensive stay on a Club Site for anyone with health or caring commitments, I would say think carefully about insurance. Sadly we drop into this category, I have Mum to think about at the moment. But we do nicely on CLs and other sites, booking almost before we leave.

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:29

Us as well with OHfrown

But then I do get a 25p extra a week rise in my state pension in Jancool 

I wonder how long before this club sell cancellation insurance for holidaysundecided

Symbolbath59 replied on 30/10/2022 21:29

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:29

I’m late to the party, have been out of UK for the past two months. I logged onto the club website this evening to look at CLs in Pembrokeshire for a few days away in November.

Crikey, what a disaster. The map is pants, it’s unresponsive, doesn’t offer a satellite view option, and it seems totally random whether the “VIEW” button works to allow me to view the details of a specific CL.

The club has created a monster, I can’t believe how bad it is. My wife and I are trying to make sense of it on our respective devices and are getting nowhere. We’re not trying to do anything remotely complicated like make a booking, we just want CL information.

Unbelievable, this feels like going back in time by 10 years, it’s so clunky. I’m going to turn my back on it until it’s fixed and use Search4sites instead.

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 21:44

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:06 by Takethedogalong

I wouldn’t doubt your findings Nellie, you have been out and about more than us this year.
Suffolk, we were on one full CL, one only one pitch remaining, and much to our surprise, the little very basic churchyard CL was popular. Back in April the CL we used at Grantham was full, the CL up in D&G was full as well. Cromford in May was full. Wortley Hall full end of May, but that included three outfits at wedding. So the ones we have used have all been busy. 

No idea on Club Sites really. Getting plenty of emails asking us to visit though, so guessing some places not busy. We won’t be booking up front. Might roll along to Clumber in a couple of weeks time, ask on the day if they have a pitch spare. Apologies to anyone who might be behind us doing a rapid book in🤣

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:44

To save a possible fruitless trip to Clumber you could ring the  site early as the phone is more likely to be answered then rather than the answer phoneundecided

Or even the call centre (you may talk to Glasgow as I did)surprised

nelliethehooker replied on 30/10/2022 21:44

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:06 by Takethedogalong

I wouldn’t doubt your findings Nellie, you have been out and about more than us this year.
Suffolk, we were on one full CL, one only one pitch remaining, and much to our surprise, the little very basic churchyard CL was popular. Back in April the CL we used at Grantham was full, the CL up in D&G was full as well. Cromford in May was full. Wortley Hall full end of May, but that included three outfits at wedding. So the ones we have used have all been busy. 

No idea on Club Sites really. Getting plenty of emails asking us to visit though, so guessing some places not busy. We won’t be booking up front. Might roll along to Clumber in a couple of weeks time, ask on the day if they have a pitch spare. Apologies to anyone who might be behind us doing a rapid book in🤣

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:44

The warden/manager at Notgrove said that there are a lot more vacant pitches at Rowantree than usual, but wasn't sure what the reason for it was, perhaps cost, both of the site itself and of fuel getting there, or many that visited in the past couple of year have reverted to going abroad, or the difficulty of booking with the new system. Still empty pitch on a very popular site which is usually hard to book.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 21:47

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:47

Yes, it’s a huge change JV. But we had made the move over to using more CLs around 2013, when I was caring for Dad. 

LLM replied on 30/10/2022 21:51

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:22 by JVB66

Even talking to a couple in the dishwash this evening it seems there are quite a few who will be  out of pocket with how the small print it seems is maybe going to be interpreted undecided

The department that it seems will say yay or nay to refunds of deposits is going to be busy and possibly quite large surprised

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:51

Such a document should be crystal clear and entirely free of ambiguity.  There should therefore be no need for "a department that it seems will say yay or nay to refunds of deposits".  The fact that there is one or one is planned, suggests that CAMC accept the terms are substantially flawed and that they are expecting "challenges".  

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 21:57

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:44 by nelliethehooker

The warden/manager at Notgrove said that there are a lot more vacant pitches at Rowantree than usual, but wasn't sure what the reason for it was, perhaps cost, both of the site itself and of fuel getting there, or many that visited in the past couple of year have reverted to going abroad, or the difficulty of booking with the new system. Still empty pitch on a very popular site which is usually hard to book.

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:57

Funnily enough, we have never had a problem getting onto Rowntree Park, and extended our stay both times. Around four years since our last stay. July as well, so a busy time. Expensive though, but if you own a touring outfit it’s cheapest stay in York😁 It’s actually cheaper for us to commute to York and back now though, given where we live. We did have one booking there cancelled, site had to close for flood defence work. We went to Dales on a CL instead. 

DavidKlyne replied on 30/10/2022 21:59

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:37 by LLM

A question for those of you who have recently managed to make a booking.  I'm interested as to why.  Why would you tick the box to agree to a set of terms that are legally illiterate and incomprehensible?  

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:59

I don't think it makes much difference. People will have grasped that if they pay a deposit and cancel more than 21 days before arriving on site they will get a refund. If they cancel within the 21 days they will lose their deposit. That is fairly easy to understand even if you don't agree with it. It gets a bit more convoluted when trying to change bookings but even there if you are changing the original booking expect to lose some money. Not saying it's right just suggesting that is the way the cookie crumbles under the new system. However well or poorly written  the T&C's are it doesn't really change anything. 

David

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 22:05

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:51 by LLM

Such a document should be crystal clear and entirely free of ambiguity.  There should therefore be no need for "a department that it seems will say yay or nay to refunds of deposits".  The fact that there is one or one is planned, suggests that CAMC accept the terms are substantially flawed and that they are expecting "challenges".  

Posted on 30/10/2022 22:05

Agree. I think the new T&Cs are so different from what has gone before, there are going to be a lot of folks who just tick that box, and then will find all sorts of additional charges/changes that haven’t been there before. Pre 21 days things aren’t too bad, but woe betide any changes inside the 21 days, there’s a bit of a devil in the details. 

huskydog replied on 30/10/2022 22:11

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:37 by LLM

A question for those of you who have recently managed to make a booking.  I'm interested as to why.  Why would you tick the box to agree to a set of terms that are legally illiterate and incomprehensible?  

Posted on 30/10/2022 22:11

I have made several booking and not read the T&C’s, but then I’ve gone 63 years of buying things and never reading T&C’s, it’s no big deal 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook