New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 19:26

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:26

Oops……🤭 It would appear one or two CAMC Members have taken to reviewing the new booking system on the C&CC’s TPpage,  giving it one star. Not that C&CC are likely to be bothered, I don’t think they monitor TP.

Made me chuckle though🤭 

LLM replied on 30/10/2022 19:37

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:37

A question for those of you who have recently managed to make a booking.  I'm interested as to why.  Why would you tick the box to agree to a set of terms that are legally illiterate and incomprehensible?  

nelliethehooker replied on 30/10/2022 20:17

Posted on 30/10/2022 17:39 by Takethedogalong

Surprisingly, some Club Sites show “low” (which I presume means not many pitches left) this time of year. Some of it might be because a number of Club Sites are now closed for season, and those with a mix of HS and grass, the grass pitches are out of use now, so it restricts the number of pitches available to book.
Not all Sites by any means, but more than I would have expected. This last couple of years, you do see a lot more outfits out and about, lots of MHs, but a good number of vans as well. CLs have been busier than usual these last couple of years. There were dozens zipping up and down A1 last Sunday. Site at Great Yorkshire Showground was certainly busy. 

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:17

CLs have been busier than usual these last couple of years.

Tda, of the CLs that we have used this last trip only one has been full for the time we were there. Most of the CL owners have said that this year they are way down on occupancy compared to the two previous years, and even below pre Covid levels. Even the two club sites that we used were less full that we have seen at similar times previously. I think some of the statistics that the "club" have been giving out on occupancy levels are stretching the truth to suit their narrative.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/10/2022 20:23

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:37 by LLM

A question for those of you who have recently managed to make a booking.  I'm interested as to why.  Why would you tick the box to agree to a set of terms that are legally illiterate and incomprehensible?  

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:23

Because they either haven't read them thoroughly, just skimmed through or not read them at all and just ticked the box to get their booking. Then again they have read them through and not come to the same conclusion as you about their legallity.

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 20:39

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:39

With the user friendly USP that made this club head and shoulders above much of any of the other site providers that was workable for the majority , there was very little need to worry about ticking a box as it did not need a lifetime of reading small print  whereas it is now imperative to read  .as you can  very much take a big hit in the pocket if you encounter any sort of problem before taking up your booking or even need to alter sameyell

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 20:57

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:17 by nelliethehooker

Tda, of the CLs that we have used this last trip only one has been full for the time we were there. Most of the CL owners have said that this year they are way down on occupancy compared to the two previous years, and even below pre Covid levels. Even the two club sites that we used were less full that we have seen at similar times previously. I think some of the statistics that the "club" have been giving out on occupancy levels are stretching the truth to suit their narrative.

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:57

Despite all the spin about site occupancy at the AGM talking to the other caravan club that is at the coal face many sites occupancy has been lower this year as members have looked for cheaper alternative and next year will be worse for occupancy figures

LLM replied on 30/10/2022 20:59

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:23 by nelliethehooker

Because they either haven't read them thoroughly, just skimmed through or not read them at all and just ticked the box to get their booking. Then again they have read them through and not come to the same conclusion as you about their legallity.

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:59

I think your first suggestion is the most likely and as JVB66 says below, if any problem is encountered there could be a big hit in the pocket.  Fortunately I shall never have to be concerned.  

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 21:06

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:17 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:06

I wouldn’t doubt your findings Nellie, you have been out and about more than us this year.
Suffolk, we were on one full CL, one only one pitch remaining, and much to our surprise, the little very basic churchyard CL was popular. Back in April the CL we used at Grantham was full, the CL up in D&G was full as well. Cromford in May was full. Wortley Hall full end of May, but that included three outfits at wedding. So the ones we have used have all been busy. 

No idea on Club Sites really. Getting plenty of emails asking us to visit though, so guessing some places not busy. We won’t be booking up front. Might roll along to Clumber in a couple of weeks time, ask on the day if they have a pitch spare. Apologies to anyone who might be behind us doing a rapid book in🤣

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 21:20

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:57 by JVB66

Despite all the spin about site occupancy at the AGM talking to the other caravan club that is at the coal face many sites occupancy has been lower this year as members have looked for cheaper alternative and next year will be worse for occupancy figures

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:20

Yes, there were two warnings given at the AGM that the Club expects next year to be difficult. Prices will rise, and they didn’t give the impression that anything for any reason might be discounted, certainly not over 60’s Membership, or opting out of paper/plastic stuff.

I can’t really comment on the legality of the T&Cs, but after reading through most of them, I would be wary of committing to a lot of bookings upfront. And an extensive stay on a Club Site for anyone with health or caring commitments, I would say think carefully about insurance. Sadly we drop into this category, I have Mum to think about at the moment. But we do nicely on CLs and other sites, booking almost before we leave.

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 21:22

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:22

Even talking to a couple in the dishwash this evening it seems there are quite a few who will be  out of pocket with how the small print it seems is maybe going to be interpreted undecided

The department that it seems will say yay or nay to refunds of deposits is going to be busy and possibly quite large surprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook