New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 30/10/2022 13:09

Posted on 30/10/2022 12:15 by eurortraveller

I never used a late availability list in my life - or ever felt the need of one - or ever booked a tour stage by stage in advance. I often booked one site or one hotel to start me off,  but then when I felt I had exhausted the charms or the interest of that one place  I just phoned another and asked how about they were placed for the next day. .it worked in 20 countries as well as in the UK. Aren’t mobile phones great .

Posted on 30/10/2022 13:09

The user and all related content has been deleted

Thehappycaravanners replied on 30/10/2022 13:20

Posted on 30/10/2022 13:20

Having just read through the latest club magazine I see the club has written a full page apology for the disaster of a booking system it released. If anyone wants to read the page you will probably find it on the shelf with the rest of the so called communication they supposedly send out, I recon more people read the magazine than use the forum, is it a case of don’t mention it and hopefully it will go away 

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 13:26

Posted on 30/10/2022 12:02 by

As it stands the system works for customers who know where they want to go and when. No trouble at all making such a booking as as  been reported  by my myself and others here. I would sugest that the vast majority of club site users fall into this category and form the core business of the club. Most wont like it when they have to pay a deposit  but they will accept it and move on. For the the vocal minority who want more I think they will be disappointed at least in the short term and should try a bit more advance planning or resort to thier hard copy and a phone if they find themselves away from home without thier next booking.

Posted on 30/10/2022 13:26

I don’t disagree with your first point. Now that quite a bit of tweaking has been done, providing you know which Club Site you want, and can find your way through looking for specific dates, getting to this point is easy. I can’t comment any further on in the process, as I haven’t made a Club booking, so no idea on deposit taking, ticking T&Cs, waiting for confirmation etc…

However. Some are only looking at things from this point of view, visit a known Club Site, on specific dates. A rather blinkered personal point of view. Many Members, particularly those with MH’s, who like to hop around, utilising a variety of CLs, some new, some not so new, are finding the links to CL searches poor, the information if you do find it, missing vital aspects such as directions, etc…. I believe it is still only giving access to 20 Sites at a time as well. Then there is the aspect of which device you might be using, many folks truly touring are on the road, picking up signals where they can, using mobile phones, tablets, kindles, iPads. Not a desk top sat at home with a stable wifi signal. Anyone who tours regularly in the UK also knows that there are still very poor wifi signal areas, so you don’t want something that is clunky, time consuming and constantly buffering. We do use the map and HB, but surely that’s a retrograde step in this digital age. We are finding other websites giving more information on CLs easier to use as well.

There’s a huge difference in booking a Club Site as opposed to booking anything else at the moment, which isn’t making using the new bookings and search website easy. Most folks, us included are working around things, but I’m afraid I don’t consider this a satisfactory state of affairs for a service that previously worked very well. And is our prime reason for remaining Members.

trellis replied on 30/10/2022 14:04

Posted on 30/10/2022 11:11 by peedee

Even you have agreed that there are flaws.

I do accept there are flaws TW but nothing that cannot currently be overcome. One hopes that these will, in the fullness of time, be overcome if members make constructive reports to the Club.

peedee

Posted on 30/10/2022 14:04

I keep reading variations of "flaws will be overcome ,if members make constructive reports " .  I wish in my profession I could .

A , get my customers to provide a snagging list .

B get them to tell me  how to rectify problems , and 

C charge them for the privilege.  

CMC have plainly forgotten, who's here for who .

Tinwheeler replied on 30/10/2022 14:05

Posted on 30/10/2022 13:20 by Thehappycaravanners

Having just read through the latest club magazine I see the club has written a full page apology for the disaster of a booking system it released. If anyone wants to read the page you will probably find it on the shelf with the rest of the so called communication they supposedly send out, I recon more people read the magazine than use the forum, is it a case of don’t mention it and hopefully it will go away 

Posted on 30/10/2022 14:05

I'm not sure you’ve been reading what I’ve just read from the Nov mag on the app.

I certainly wouldn’t call the piece by Nick Lomas an apology but more of the 'best possible experience' and 'continue to monitor' stuff we keep hearing. The article a few pages further on didn’t seem to apologise either. 

replied on 30/10/2022 14:22

Posted on 30/10/2022 13:26 by Takethedogalong

I don’t disagree with your first point. Now that quite a bit of tweaking has been done, providing you know which Club Site you want, and can find your way through looking for specific dates, getting to this point is easy. I can’t comment any further on in the process, as I haven’t made a Club booking, so no idea on deposit taking, ticking T&Cs, waiting for confirmation etc…

However. Some are only looking at things from this point of view, visit a known Club Site, on specific dates. A rather blinkered personal point of view. Many Members, particularly those with MH’s, who like to hop around, utilising a variety of CLs, some new, some not so new, are finding the links to CL searches poor, the information if you do find it, missing vital aspects such as directions, etc…. I believe it is still only giving access to 20 Sites at a time as well. Then there is the aspect of which device you might be using, many folks truly touring are on the road, picking up signals where they can, using mobile phones, tablets, kindles, iPads. Not a desk top sat at home with a stable wifi signal. Anyone who tours regularly in the UK also knows that there are still very poor wifi signal areas, so you don’t want something that is clunky, time consuming and constantly buffering. We do use the map and HB, but surely that’s a retrograde step in this digital age. We are finding other websites giving more information on CLs easier to use as well.

There’s a huge difference in booking a Club Site as opposed to booking anything else at the moment, which isn’t making using the new bookings and search website easy. Most folks, us included are working around things, but I’m afraid I don’t consider this a satisfactory state of affairs for a service that previously worked very well. And is our prime reason for remaining Members.

Posted on 30/10/2022 14:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 14:58

Posted on 30/10/2022 14:58

I cannot remember who asked about hardstands at FM east and west sidei have inquired today and it is as we suspect a hard stand is a hardstand at this time there are not plans to separate the sites for booking 

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 15:46

Posted on 30/10/2022 15:46

I have tried this morning to put a tour together but it is I found impossible as the late availability is next to useless compared to the recently trashed system where it was possible to look in advance at numerous sites and put a tour together with relative easei have tried again this afternoon at FM and with poor internet and phone signal I have given up

so it's back to the old days of touring we did in the past and ring ahead the night before or the morning we may move on

replied on 30/10/2022 16:21

Posted on 30/10/2022 15:46 by JVB66

I have tried this morning to put a tour together but it is I found impossible as the late availability is next to useless compared to the recently trashed system where it was possible to look in advance at numerous sites and put a tour together with relative easei have tried again this afternoon at FM and with poor internet and phone signal I have given up

so it's back to the old days of touring we did in the past and ring ahead the night before or the morning we may move on

Posted on 30/10/2022 16:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

trellis replied on 30/10/2022 17:12

Posted on 30/10/2022 14:58 by JVB66

I cannot remember who asked about hardstands at FM east and west sidei have inquired today and it is as we suspect a hard stand is a hardstand at this time there are not plans to separate the sites for booking 

Posted on 30/10/2022 17:12

Twas I JVB ,  Suspected as much , but thanks for getting it clarified.👍.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook