New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 30/10/2022 06:55

Posted on 30/10/2022 06:55

Circa 350000 members leaves 290000 who haven't made bookings?

That's a significant amount who haven't made bookings

You could argue that is what the Club wants, more members leaving their bookings until they are certain they won't have to change them, i.e less speculation. I think I heard it said at the AGM, that on average 66 percent of bookings are made on line with peaks of 80 percent in some weeks

I think generally the complaints here and on other forms of social media have been OTT. It is also evident that not all are down to the new system but are user errors. Having not had a great deal of trouble, especially as the new system is now settling down, it is difficult to appreciate why some are finding it so difficult especially if it is just a moan with no real substance as to what the encountered problem was.

peedee

DEBSC replied on 30/10/2022 08:13

Posted on 30/10/2022 08:13

I think some posters are missing the point here. For a business that has just said itself, that its revenue, just with recent bookings, will be £9.6 million then its new booking system should be completely fit for purpose. Or at least as good as it was before, if not a lot better. With that sort of money coming in, just from some bookings, obviously that’s not it’s yearly revenue, the business should be run better, it’s customers treated better, or it should rightly be taken to task.

N1805 replied on 30/10/2022 08:35

Posted on 30/10/2022 08:35

I feel the new booking system was launched before it was fit for purpose by users as they have a form for one to fill in if one is having difficulty – see DSB’s post page 166.

My main concern was/is the fact that way back up thread I recall members were finding details appearing on their bookings that did not belong to them.

Whilst I read some of the thread occasionally and understand fixes links are being posted here by Rowena I do hope CAMC will find an appropriate way to inform all members when the booking system is totally fixed.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/10/2022 08:36

Posted on 30/10/2022 06:55 by peedee

Circa 350000 members leaves 290000 who haven't made bookings?

That's a significant amount who haven't made bookings

You could argue that is what the Club wants, more members leaving their bookings until they are certain they won't have to change them, i.e less speculation. I think I heard it said at the AGM, that on average 66 percent of bookings are made on line with peaks of 80 percent in some weeks

I think generally the complaints here and on other forms of social media have been OTT. It is also evident that not all are down to the new system but are user errors. Having not had a great deal of trouble, especially as the new system is now settling down, it is difficult to appreciate why some are finding it so difficult especially if it is just a moan with no real substance as to what the encountered problem was.

peedee

Posted on 30/10/2022 08:36

PD, just the fact that people post of their difficulties in booking is a strong indicator that things are not right. I agree that posting a general moan without specifics isn't helping themselves but it's clear to see that many folk are having problems.

It may be difficult to appreciate why some are having problems getting to grips with the system but I think we need to accept that they are. Not everyone is the same and different people will have varying levels of experience and understanding of the system. The fact that these posts continue is a strong indicator that for many all is not as it should be.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 08:47

Posted on 30/10/2022 08:47

I suppose it depends upon your expectations and standards Debsc. There are always some who will happily jog along, putting up with whatever is imposed upon them, either because they don’t particularly make much use of services, or maybe because they aren’t particularly bothered. Life has always involved such aspects one way or another.

But those who do choose to have a voice, not accept a lowering of expectations, challenge for better products and services, ask for clarity and fairness, then that’s what improves a situation for the majority, and drives change for the better. Complacency isn’t good for any business, and paying customers need to be politely discerning.

I am sure the Club are doing their best, but there’s no doubts they have upset a fair number of Members one way and another. Let’s hope the improvements continue apace.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 30/10/2022 09:39

Posted on 30/10/2022 08:35 by N1805

I feel the new booking system was launched before it was fit for purpose by users as they have a form for one to fill in if one is having difficulty – see DSB’s post page 166.

My main concern was/is the fact that way back up thread I recall members were finding details appearing on their bookings that did not belong to them.

Whilst I read some of the thread occasionally and understand fixes links are being posted here by Rowena I do hope CAMC will find an appropriate way to inform all members when the booking system is totally fixed.

Posted on 30/10/2022 09:39

It will never be totally fixed-Google, Apple & all the major players have an ongoing raison d’etre of tech advancement & bugs will always appear within. To expect ‘total fix’ will never happen,🤷🏻‍♂️🙁

Takethedogalong replied on 30/10/2022 10:06

Posted on 30/10/2022 10:06

Something that occurred to me during yesterday’s AGM slide show….

Slide is showing 73,000 bookings have been made since 11th September, and either 2350 of those were overseas bookings, or an extra above the 73,000 bookings. If this is the case, then it’s a hugely significant percentage of UK tourers making the bookings, as opposed to overseas bookings. (I accept it might be the time of year to a certain extent..)

I fully understand why the new booking system was trialled with Overseas section, smaller usage etc……

But, much of the search functions, the information requests for DOB, relate more to aspects such as overseas sites and ferry bookings rather than Club Site bookings. This is where much of the poor search function, the never before required DOB requests, two aspects that are driving much of user frustration are centred. It seems a bit strange to use a bookings platform geared more to Overseas booking requirements than to the hugely more used UK bookings market.🤷‍♀️

I admit I am no expert on booking platforms, no idea of what is out there now, so happy to listen to others that might have this knowledge.

young thomas replied on 30/10/2022 10:27

Posted on 30/10/2022 10:27

"I am sure the Club are doing their best,".....

im sure they are too....when it comes to firefighting the mess they've presented us with...folk will be working many late shifts and be pretty stressed out trying to put this together for decent commercial use...

however, the management can do their bit too....by keeping a readily available board of reported issues, the state of each, the expected fix date etc...

additionally, every overnight upgrade should let customers know what issues and fixes are inside this release so that users know exactly what to expect.

many folk on CT say they've been involved in IT and/or other project management and will be familiar with the 'simple' prices of keeping your (paying) customers in the loop when both smooth and not so smooth roll outs take place. 

senior managers hiding behind technical issues doesn't help things at all.

replied on 30/10/2022 10:43

Posted on 30/10/2022 10:43

The user and all related content has been deleted

peedee replied on 30/10/2022 10:47

Posted on 30/10/2022 10:47

Not everyone is the same and different people will have varying levels of experience and understanding of the system. The fact that these posts continue is a strong indicator that for many all is not as it should be.

I agree TW but is that really a problem of the booking software? There is enough help in many forms available to those in difficulty. I certainly do not accept that it is a stong indicator that all is not as it should be with the application.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook