New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

InaD replied on 29/10/2022 21:05

Posted on 29/10/2022 19:01 by TimboC

You're grabbing at straws. Are you suggesting that because 290000 members havent made a booking since the launch that they are somehow abandoning the club?

It seems you're just looking for anything that might support your narrative

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:05

How condescending is that? Clutching at straws to "support your narrative". I accept this is a discussion forum but IMHO brue makes a very valid point with: 

Circa 350000 members leaves 290000 who haven't made bookings?

That's a significant amount who haven't made bookings

Brue has consistently posted the problems encountered since the new system launch. Her posts have always been balanced, and very fair.  To accuse her of  "grabbing at straws" and "It seems you're just looking for anything that might support your narrative" is IMHO very unfair. I can only come to the conclusion that you haven't been on CT for very long yet, otherwise you'd know that what you're accusing brue of is far from the truth.

TimboC replied on 29/10/2022 21:29

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:05 by InaD

How condescending is that? Clutching at straws to "support your narrative". I accept this is a discussion forum but IMHO brue makes a very valid point with: 

Circa 350000 members leaves 290000 who haven't made bookings?

That's a significant amount who haven't made bookings

Brue has consistently posted the problems encountered since the new system launch. Her posts have always been balanced, and very fair.  To accuse her of  "grabbing at straws" and "It seems you're just looking for anything that might support your narrative" is IMHO very unfair. I can only come to the conclusion that you haven't been on CT for very long yet, otherwise you'd know that what you're accusing brue of is far from the truth.

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:29

In which case I'm sure that she's more than capable of mounting her own defence, and will do so in due course.

It seems to me that there is an increasing number of people jumping on the 'booking system is rubbish' bandwagon when the figures show otherwise. The discussion is becoming increasingly negative with posters taking aim at the club, and accusing it of all sorts of ineptitude, instead of offering constructive criticism. 

replied on 29/10/2022 21:45

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:45

Content has been removed.

InaD replied on 29/10/2022 22:09

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:29 by TimboC

In which case I'm sure that she's more than capable of mounting her own defence, and will do so in due course.

It seems to me that there is an increasing number of people jumping on the 'booking system is rubbish' bandwagon when the figures show otherwise. The discussion is becoming increasingly negative with posters taking aim at the club, and accusing it of all sorts of ineptitude, instead of offering constructive criticism. 

Posted on 29/10/2022 22:09

I'm sure she is.  But as I said, this is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.  Including me.

As for people "jumping on the 'booking system is rubbish' bandwagon: figures can be manipulated as everyone knows.  I am somebody who has had problems with the new booking system; that doesn't mean I am "taking aim at the club".  Yes, I am accusing it of launching a system which obviously wasn't fit for use at the time.  There have been many posts on CT describing the problems encountered.  Has there been any input from the "club"?  I have followed this thread and can only remember a couple of posts from Rowena, apart from the OT.

There have been many posts describing the problems encountered, from a "club" I'd have expected more input than there has been so far.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook