New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 31/10/2022 07:27

Posted on 30/10/2022 22:11 by huskydog

I have made several booking and not read the T&C’s, but then I’ve gone 63 years of buying things and never reading T&C’s, it’s no big deal 

Posted on 31/10/2022 07:27

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Goldie146 replied on 31/10/2022 08:27

Posted on 31/10/2022 08:27

In summer we were on our second day of a week long holiday on one site, when we got a telephone call that meant we had to pack up in haste and head off home and beyond. The last thing on our minds was money. The office was shut, so we upped and went and left a message on the answerphone with our name and pitch number, saying “don’t bother about the refund”.

The money had left our account, and getting it back was the least of our worries. 

ABM replied on 31/10/2022 08:36

Posted on 31/10/2022 08:36

Blimey, Goldie  A farmers wife saying money [at that time ]  was the least of their  worries  money-mouthsurprised  now I've heard everything  wink !!

{ Sorry,  I mean no offence -- it's an easy hit at this hour of the day  embarassed }

Goldie146 replied on 31/10/2022 09:23

Posted on 31/10/2022 08:36 by ABM

Blimey, Goldie  A farmers wife saying money [at that time ]  was the least of their  worries  money-mouthsurprised  now I've heard everything  wink !!

{ Sorry,  I mean no offence -- it's an easy hit at this hour of the day  embarassed }

Posted on 31/10/2022 09:23

No offence taken - well, just a little bit! I am not a "farmer's wife" I am a farmer.  Not all farmers work outside in muck and wellies.

Sorry for my soapbox moment.

replied on 31/10/2022 09:43

Posted on 30/10/2022 21:59 by DavidKlyne

I don't think it makes much difference. People will have grasped that if they pay a deposit and cancel more than 21 days before arriving on site they will get a refund. If they cancel within the 21 days they will lose their deposit. That is fairly easy to understand even if you don't agree with it. It gets a bit more convoluted when trying to change bookings but even there if you are changing the original booking expect to lose some money. Not saying it's right just suggesting that is the way the cookie crumbles under the new system. However well or poorly written  the T&C's are it doesn't really change anything. 

David

Posted on 31/10/2022 09:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 10:08

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:08

I know the from prices are fairly meaningless, but it would be nice if they were accurate. I notice the figures shown are for grass pitches, which are now closed and will be more expensive than the figure shown when they come back into use next year.

On booking systems, yes it needs work, but at least the CC has one. I was looking at a camping in the forest site, managed until December by the other club. All one seems to be currently able to do for next year, is express an interest  and they will contact you when booking becomes available.

JVB66 replied on 31/10/2022 10:12

Posted on 30/10/2022 19:26 by Takethedogalong

Oops……🤭 It would appear one or two CAMC Members have taken to reviewing the new booking system on the C&CC’s TPpage,  giving it one star. Not that C&CC are likely to be bothered, I don’t think they monitor TP.

Made me chuckle though🤭 

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:12

When I sent emails to this club and the ccc about the same subject I got a reply from one in about two hours I got an automated reply from the other hoping to reply in 10days as they are extremely busy with email at presentundecided

I did thank the ccc for their very prompt reply and did mention this clubs response wink

JVB66 replied on 31/10/2022 10:16

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:08 by SteveL

I know the from prices are fairly meaningless, but it would be nice if they were accurate. I notice the figures shown are for grass pitches, which are now closed and will be more expensive than the figure shown when they come back into use next year.

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:16

When I tried to make a dummy booking for FM the grass pitches were Prices as now but the hardstanding were £2,a night more expensive undecided

Moocher replied on 31/10/2022 10:29

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:29

Could someone please advise how i find a CL listed in a particular town. For many years I've been trying to visit one site from every town. I ONLY want to see sites that are listed under each town, not the ones nearby. This was not a problem with the old system.

There are many more problems with the new website, too numerous to list here.

If a solution to this problem can't be found quickly, I'm afraid i will have to move on along with my insurance policies

SteveL replied on 31/10/2022 10:33

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:16 by JVB66

When I tried to make a dummy booking for FM the grass pitches were Prices as now but the hardstanding were £2,a night more expensive undecided

Posted on 31/10/2022 10:33

Not for Cirencester and Clumber. Grass pitches shown as closed and HS £1 more than the from price.
Ferry Meadows shows a minimum price of £20, although a HS pitch can currently be booked for £18.60 with one adult.

There is just a total lack of any consistency.☹️ Does nobody check these things? 🤷🏻‍♀️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook