New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Navigateur replied on 01/11/2022 11:45

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:45

(Incidentally, does anyone know if I'd have got away with just "Chris" on the ticket rather than my full name?)

Might it be cheaper to change your passport . . . ?

SteveL replied on 01/11/2022 11:58

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:58

I have also wondered about this extra charge it making a change to a booking. I saw it mentioned pages ago and have been awaiting an answer to pop up but nothing yet. Is it as you say or is it another method of extracting more money out of members.

As I read the T&C’s it could be for one of three possible reasons. If you moved the booking within 21 days to another site for the same days, there would no penalty, but you might have to pay a few pence more deposit if the new site was more expensive.

If within 21 days you Deleted User the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

Whether outside of or within the 21 days, If you just added a day to your booking, you would have to pay the extra deposit for that day.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/11/2022 12:19

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:58 by SteveL

I have also wondered about this extra charge it making a change to a booking. I saw it mentioned pages ago and have been awaiting an answer to pop up but nothing yet. Is it as you say or is it another method of extracting more money out of members.

As I read the T&C’s it could be for one of three possible reasons. If you moved the booking within 21 days to another site for the same days, there would no penalty, but you might have to pay a few pence more deposit if the new site was more expensive.

If within 21 days you deleted the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

Whether outside of or within the 21 days, If you just added a day to your booking, you would have to pay the extra deposit for that day.

Posted on 01/11/2022 12:19

That all sounds pretty logical to me. I suppose one might argue that losing money because you have moved the days is a bit harsh but in reality it's going to be a relatively small amount of money. If my calculation is correct on a £40 a night booking you would lose £8, plus a few pence of the original deposit? 

David

replied on 01/11/2022 12:46

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:04 by moulesy

Interesting to read that, and Jen's post about amendments involving an extra cost of a few pence.

So here's a cautionary tale for those who think the club's booking t&c are harsh .... yesterday I booked a holiday for next February with tui - you know, the company that features a huge smile in their logo. When the confirmation came through I spotted that my first name had been abbreviated (probably my fault using auto fill on my tablet!) So I thought I'd better check as obviously it wouldn't match the name on my passport. Rang tui twice (got cut off the first time ...) and eventually spoke to an actual human. "Ah, yes" she said "no problem, we'll just need to make a name change - it'll cost...wait for it .... £98 to do that".

She must have heard my reaction so she quickly said "or, because it's within 24 hours the alternative is to cancel your original booking and I can rebook it for you with your full name - that'll only be £49!"

Still think the club t&c are harsh!!

(Incidentally, does anyone know if I'd have got away with just "Chris" on the ticket rather than my full name?)

Posted on 01/11/2022 12:46

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

clarinetman replied on 01/11/2022 13:07

Posted on 01/11/2022 11:58 by SteveL

If within 21 days you deleted the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:07

all the posts regarding paying a few pence additional deposit if the amendment is at a higher price is fine but as in my case it was the other way round ,my amendment reduced the cost and subsequently the deposit but no refund was offered or given!

Hja replied on 01/11/2022 13:16

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:16

I would want a paper receipt if I paid on arriving at a site. I use it to check my card statement from the bank. Ditto if I paid in cash. If I go into a shop I get a paper receipt if I want one.

When I order stuff on line, and I do quite a bit, I always get a proper electronic receipt, and often a paper one with the goods. So if I pay in advance of arrival  I would find a proper electronic receipt to my e mail address. 

Anything less is not acceptable to me.

clarinetman replied on 01/11/2022 13:27

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:27

When we arrived at York Rowntree having paid a deposit I was informed in the office when I went to pay that there was nothing to pay as the money had been taken from my account at 2am that morning, when I asked why when I wanted to pay on arrival they said I obviously hadn’t ticked the box, funny the other two bookings I had made were noted on my bookings as “pay on arrival” I didn’t argue no point as I had no record but also as previously said no receipt offered, I had to check my bank account to see what had been taken.

some people may for a one night stay wish to pay cash how’s that going to work if they are taking money from bank accounts whether you tick the box or not.

paulmold replied on 01/11/2022 13:36

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:36

I'm reading on other forums that even if you untick the box so you can pay on arrival, it re-ticks once you click on proceed unless you're quick enough to untick it again. Another problem for their IT 'experts' to sort.

Cornersteady replied on 01/11/2022 13:46

Posted on 01/11/2022 13:46

All this talk of varying prices bands is a bit of red herring in relation to this thread, for one thing it was there before this new system (and in fact in 1999 when I joined there were six prices bands so it's not a new things at all) and the prices are site specific anyway.

Secondly, and most importantly (for me anyway) you chooses sites, pitch type and dates and then the only decision is do you want to pay it?

I never work out what the individual days are costing or if they cross into a differencing band, it's where I want to be on holiday and so it's just the final price I look at. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook