New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/11/2022 22:09

Posted on 01/11/2022 20:44 by nelliethehooker

I for one would not count having to forgo 20%+ of the cost as a relatively small amount, perhaps to somebody like yourself if might be peanuts but I suspect not so for the major of members.

Posted on 01/11/2022 22:09

It's not a question of it being peanuts or any other sort of nuts. It is clear under the new system you enter an agreement under the T&C's. But when you drill down into it the most you will lose is 20% of the cost of one day. Assuming there is a good reason for a member changing the booking losing around £8 is a whole lot better that losing £40? So if you have a pressing medical appointment which was unknown at the time of booking the Club have deemed that under the new T&C's that you will lose a proportion of the deposit. I am not saying its fair but that is the situation we now have. I read somewhere that a pint of beer is likely to go up to about £7 a pint just to put things into a little bit of perspective.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/11/2022 22:16

Posted on 01/11/2022 22:09 by DavidKlyne

It's not a question of it being peanuts or any other sort of nuts. It is clear under the new system you enter an agreement under the T&C's. But when you drill down into it the most you will lose is 20% of the cost of one day. Assuming there is a good reason for a member changing the booking losing around £8 is a whole lot better that losing £40? So if you have a pressing medical appointment which was unknown at the time of booking the Club have deemed that under the new T&C's that you will lose a proportion of the deposit. I am not saying its fair but that is the situation we now have. I read somewhere that a pint of beer is likely to go up to about £7 a pint just to put things into a little bit of perspective.

Posted on 01/11/2022 22:16

But what if one doesn't drink beer in inner city pubs?🤔 I can get a pint for around £1:00 to drink in van, but so what, that's my choice. But I am against the "club" being in a position to extract 20% of one's fees just like that when one has a legitimate reason for not being able up take up part of one's booking. I certainly won't be booking any club site in the foreseeable future.

EmilysDad replied on 02/11/2022 00:17

Posted on 02/11/2022 00:17

but cancelling a booking within around a fortnight with the other club cost me SFA. Whether cancelling due to our Mutt having just had major surgery was a 'good reason' I don't know, but I got my booking deferred by 12 months.

SteveL replied on 02/11/2022 06:51

Posted on 02/11/2022 00:17 by EmilysDad

but cancelling a booking within around a fortnight with the other club cost me SFA. Whether cancelling due to our Mutt having just had major surgery was a 'good reason' I don't know, but I got my booking deferred by 12 months.

Posted on 02/11/2022 06:51

So far we have not got a lot of history to go on, re how the club will treat ‘good reasons’ just the stark reality of the T&C’s. They may well be equally understanding, only time will tell. However, I assume you will have to use the phone route, rather than online. I suspect that will always rigidly apply the T&C’s.

If the reason for the deposits is really to stop speculative booking, rather than a money making exercise, perhaps the time of year, site and days booked might be taken into account. After all a mid week booking, low season at a not popular site, is unlikely to have deprived someone else of booking. Where as a weekend at a honeypot in high season, almost certainly would.

Graydjames replied on 02/11/2022 09:03

Posted on 01/11/2022 14:05 by

If within 21 days you deleted the first day and added a day on the end, you would loose a proportion of your deposit and would have to replace that for the added day.

That is outrageous. What a wonderful and very sneaky money spinner.  I wonder how much that will net CC Ltd annually.  

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:03

Content edited by poster who had second thoughts about his logic!  Sorry! undecided

But has anyone definitively checked that this it is right that you lose some deposit in those circumstances? Orignally posted by SteveL on page 183 at 11:58.

JVB66 replied on 02/11/2022 09:07

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:07

It is definitely not fair and I would. Class it as almost as a sharp practice for a "members club?" T&Cs or not

brue replied on 02/11/2022 09:14

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:03 by Graydjames

Content edited by poster who had second thoughts about his logic!  Sorry! undecided

But has anyone definitively checked that this it is right that you lose some deposit in those circumstances? Orignally posted by SteveL on page 183 at 11:58.

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:14

Yes this is correct. If you look at the updates in the Booking Experience section the club have tried to explain what happens with deposits both before and after the 21 day limit.

Tinwheeler replied on 02/11/2022 09:44

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:29 by brue

Remember also, the club will now incur more banking charges with the new system.

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:44

Which they will pay with members' money.

SteveL replied on 02/11/2022 09:52

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:03 by Graydjames

Posted on 02/11/2022 09:52

I was just going on how I read the terms and conditions and the information detailed below which was included on my confirmation of booking. It seems fairly clear cut unless they exercise discretion.

Amending or cancelling
Remember to Book Smart! We know plans sometimes have to change and that's ok. Just let us know as early as possible if you can't take up your pitch so it can be made available to fellow members. Unless otherwise advised, your deposit is fully refundable if you amend your booking or cancel your booking more than 21 days before your booked arrival date.
You will lose the deposit paid for amendments and all cancellations made within 21 days of your booked arrival date (for example if you cancel a night or multiple nights of your stay, or if you reduce the number of guests on the booking within 21 days of your booked arrival date you will lose a part or all of the deposit paid).
You can view your booking, and easily amend or cancel online if necessary at camc.com/my-bookings We hope you enjoy your holiday with us and we look forward to seeing you.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook