New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2022 11:42

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:30 by DavidKlyne

I don't think they have answered all questions at the AGM in the past although they may have talked about certain topics. However they do, post AGM, provide a list of questions asked with the answers. They may put several questions together if they are basically asking the same thing and just provide one overall answer. 

Has anyone seen a list of questions published?

David

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:42

Not for this year yet DK, I think the list of written questions is posted up after AGM. Last year’s questions are there.

Interestingly, there are lots of questions relating to introducing deposits in one way or another. The Club definitely had all the ammunition it needed to put in place what it has done, and you can see how it can justify some, if not all of the changes made. 

DavidKlyne replied on 29/10/2022 12:26

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:42 by Takethedogalong

Not for this year yet DK, I think the list of written questions is posted up after AGM. Last year’s questions are there.

Interestingly, there are lots of questions relating to introducing deposits in one way or another. The Club definitely had all the ammunition it needed to put in place what it has done, and you can see how it can justify some, if not all of the changes made. 

Posted on 29/10/2022 12:26

You mean from last year regarding deposits? In recent years, COVID to one side, the Club had certainly come under a lot of pressure to sort out availability which led many to suggest that deposits were one way of achieving that. Whether what has transpired is what those suggesting deposits had imagined we will never know! 

The real elephant in the room as far as the introduction of this new system is the total lack of real communication to the membership. Probably the complete opposite of those of us that regularly contribute to this forum as we knew it was coming and by and large understood the reasoning behind it. Putting aside for a moment our views on the functionality of the new system but clearly the introduction has come as a complete surprise to many. First off we had no prior knowledge of a date of introduction, it came completely out of the blue. Some on here would have realised that something was happening because of the downtime but then we are a relatively small part of the membership. What we should have seen is a leaflet explaining the new system sent to every member regardless of their communication preferences well in advance of the introduction. That way we would have known that a pretty high percentage of the members would have understood  what was happening. Difficult to tell whether that would have reduced the outrage from some who seem to have been totally taking by surprise. To me lack of good communication is an ongoing failure of the Club. Example, still no official confirmation that High Onn is closing or have I missed that?

David

Hja replied on 29/10/2022 12:51

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:06 by Arch

I recieved the email below from the AGM governance I'm not sure if this means they won't be answering any questions at the AGM as they've already been answered by the club?

Thank you for submitting a question for the Club’s 2022 AGM held on Saturday 29 October 2022.

All of the questions that have been submitted have been answered by the Club and you will be able to find them listed on the Club’s AGM page in due course - www.camc.com/agm.

Some questions that have been asked will be responded to personally as they relate to non-operational or very specific issues.

There are many ways that the Club regularly communicates with members and some of the issues that you have raised would have been answered for you:

Posted on 29/10/2022 12:51

Me too. Wondered same thing.

peedee replied on 29/10/2022 13:17

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:32 by Hja

There is also some rule of thumb that says for every one person that complains there are x people who feel exactly the same. I can’t remember what number x is. MPs use it all the time to assess how widespread particular concerns are.

Posted on 29/10/2022 13:17

>This link< provided by TTDA suggests that "x" might be 26

peedee

Not Mike replied on 29/10/2022 13:52

Posted on 29/10/2022 13:52

I have just logged into the AGM thinking it would start at 1.30pm.  Looks like it’s going to be 2pm now

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/about-us/agm/

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2022 14:01

Posted on 29/10/2022 12:26 by DavidKlyne

You mean from last year regarding deposits? In recent years, COVID to one side, the Club had certainly come under a lot of pressure to sort out availability which led many to suggest that deposits were one way of achieving that. Whether what has transpired is what those suggesting deposits had imagined we will never know! 

The real elephant in the room as far as the introduction of this new system is the total lack of real communication to the membership. Probably the complete opposite of those of us that regularly contribute to this forum as we knew it was coming and by and large understood the reasoning behind it. Putting aside for a moment our views on the functionality of the new system but clearly the introduction has come as a complete surprise to many. First off we had no prior knowledge of a date of introduction, it came completely out of the blue. Some on here would have realised that something was happening because of the downtime but then we are a relatively small part of the membership. What we should have seen is a leaflet explaining the new system sent to every member regardless of their communication preferences well in advance of the introduction. That way we would have known that a pretty high percentage of the members would have understood  what was happening. Difficult to tell whether that would have reduced the outrage from some who seem to have been totally taking by surprise. To me lack of good communication is an ongoing failure of the Club. Example, still no official confirmation that High Onn is closing or have I missed that?

David

Posted on 29/10/2022 14:01

I wouldn’t call the Club’s communications, in any shape or form, with its Membership particularly good. TW raised this very point just as the new bookings system launched back in September. Be it webpages, the Magazine, responses to questions on social media, trying to get through on phones, ten days for a proper email response, none are particularly at the “satisfactory” end of the scale.

The fact that I am currently responding to this is a case in point. Logged onto AGM, communicated to commence at 1.30pm. But no, it commences at 2pm once you actually log on🤷‍♀️

Much of the Memberships occasional dissatisfaction, and a good deal,of the problems Site staff have to deal with could be directly linked to poor communications.

replied on 29/10/2022 14:38

Posted on 29/10/2022 14:01 by Takethedogalong

I wouldn’t call the Club’s communications, in any shape or form, with its Membership particularly good. TW raised this very point just as the new bookings system launched back in September. Be it webpages, the Magazine, responses to questions on social media, trying to get through on phones, ten days for a proper email response, none are particularly at the “satisfactory” end of the scale.

The fact that I am currently responding to this is a case in point. Logged onto AGM, communicated to commence at 1.30pm. But no, it commences at 2pm once you actually log on🤷‍♀️

Much of the Memberships occasional dissatisfaction, and a good deal,of the problems Site staff have to deal with could be directly linked to poor communications.

Posted on 29/10/2022 14:38

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2022 14:55

Posted on 29/10/2022 14:55

Thanks AD, might try that. However, you have sort of hit the crux of the Club’s communication problem…..

Set up a Members (and beyond) social network website. 

Largely ignore it and the Members who choose to use it. (Unless someone either swears or commits the foul sin of any kind of reference to banned subjects. Or, can’t help themselves arguing, and might be asked to take a break.)

Well done the Club👏👏👏 Communication at its finest🤷‍♀️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook