New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

GEandGJE replied on 28/10/2022 22:20

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:32 by Hja

There is also some rule of thumb that says for every one person that complains there are x people who feel exactly the same. I can’t remember what number x is. MPs use it all the time to assess how widespread particular concerns are.

Posted on 28/10/2022 22:20

Well if MP's use that formula it must be true, Not.

Not Mike replied on 28/10/2022 22:20

Posted on 28/10/2022 22:20

I received the latest version of the club magazine.  T he editorial mentioned the new improved booking system.  I took a look, entered some dates to find a site anywhere that had availability.  Some were closed, so why was I shown them?  Sone were abroad. It does not seem to be awfully buggy.  I was using Safari on an iPad, not the app.  It feels as if the system was developed on a PC, and how it works On a touch interface was not considered very much.

very unimpressed.  I will have to phone CLs to check  availability.

as I was so unimpressed I decided to check the forums …. It’s not just me!  Seems there was a deadline for implementation … and it was missed and a substandard implementation was released.  I see it’s the AGM tomorrow.

is it a club, or a commercial organisation?

Cornersteady replied on 29/10/2022 09:41

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:33 by eurortraveller

JVB, I am sorry you are unhappy, and even more that you keep telling us so, but the fact is that making a booking is dead easy..

I send good wishes to you and hope your spirits lift.

Posted on 29/10/2022 09:41

How many have you booked Euro?

GTP replied on 29/10/2022 10:03

Posted on 29/10/2022 10:03

I haven't seen any other post's on here relating to confirmation of booking payments, so perhaps it is just my experience.....for the first time since the new system became live I have paid the balance of a booking (made back before deposits) prior to arrival. After the amount had been paid I noted a message saying a confirmation of payment would be sent via email. Which is what you would expect...

After an hour, and no email received, I enquired via 'chat' when I should expect said receipt. The reply I received was 'within 15 minutes'...To date no such email or any other confirmation of payment has been received except on the bank statement. Has anyone actually received a confirmation of payment. I hope the site warden has been notified i have paid...

Aside....why do we need to be categorised as a 'passenger'

Looking forward to the excuses EG comes up with at todays AGM..

SteveL replied on 29/10/2022 10:44

Posted on 29/10/2022 10:03 by GTP

I haven't seen any other post's on here relating to confirmation of booking payments, so perhaps it is just my experience.....for the first time since the new system became live I have paid the balance of a booking (made back before deposits) prior to arrival. After the amount had been paid I noted a message saying a confirmation of payment would be sent via email. Which is what you would expect...

After an hour, and no email received, I enquired via 'chat' when I should expect said receipt. The reply I received was 'within 15 minutes'...To date no such email or any other confirmation of payment has been received except on the bank statement. Has anyone actually received a confirmation of payment. I hope the site warden has been notified i have paid...

Posted on 29/10/2022 10:44

In more or less every case ( except Clumber, where there is no signal) they came through before OH got back to the van after paying.

edit Just read your post again and I see you mean payment before arrival. Not tried that yet, but I also would have expected a confirmation fairly quickly, as when paying at a site.

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2022 10:48

Posted on 29/10/2022 10:03 by GTP

Posted on 29/10/2022 10:48

Welcome to the Jaime Lannister of booking websites. Left hand doesn’t know what right hand should be doing🤣 At least if it shows up on your bank account you have proof payment has been taken. Hope you get the email at some point.

Doubt booking system will be mentioned at AGM, it’s a done deal now.

Arch replied on 29/10/2022 11:06

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:06

I recieved the email below from the AGM governance I'm not sure if this means they won't be answering any questions at the AGM as they've already been answered by the club?

Thank you for submitting a question for the Club’s 2022 AGM held on Saturday 29 October 2022.

All of the questions that have been submitted have been answered by the Club and you will be able to find them listed on the Club’s AGM page in due course - www.camc.com/agm.

Some questions that have been asked will be responded to personally as they relate to non-operational or very specific issues.

There are many ways that the Club regularly communicates with members and some of the issues that you have raised would have been answered for you:

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2022 11:21

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:06 by Arch

I recieved the email below from the AGM governance I'm not sure if this means they won't be answering any questions at the AGM as they've already been answered by the club?

Thank you for submitting a question for the Club’s 2022 AGM held on Saturday 29 October 2022.

All of the questions that have been submitted have been answered by the Club and you will be able to find them listed on the Club’s AGM page in due course - www.camc.com/agm.

Some questions that have been asked will be responded to personally as they relate to non-operational or very specific issues.

There are many ways that the Club regularly communicates with members and some of the issues that you have raised would have been answered for you:

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:21

There’s usually a list of questions submitted that is put up on website post AGM Arch. If the Club gets let’s of similar ones, answers can be a bit generic. But I think everything gets answered one way or another. It really needs more people live at AGM to step up, but time scale doesn’t usually allow. 

DavidKlyne replied on 29/10/2022 11:30

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:06 by Arch

Posted on 29/10/2022 11:30

I don't think they have answered all questions at the AGM in the past although they may have talked about certain topics. However they do, post AGM, provide a list of questions asked with the answers. They may put several questions together if they are basically asking the same thing and just provide one overall answer. 

Has anyone seen a list of questions published?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook