New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 28/10/2022 13:07

Posted on 28/10/2022 13:07

Exactly. So the fact that the Club's rating there has dropped alarmingly should tell you that the new booking system has upset an awful lot of members.

Any idea of how many out of about 1 million members that represents? I would be very surprised if it was more than 1000 and of those how many will leave the Club as a result?

peedee

JVB66 replied on 28/10/2022 13:35

Posted on 28/10/2022 13:07 by peedee

Exactly. So the fact that the Club's rating there has dropped alarmingly should tell you that the new booking system has upset an awful lot of members.

Any idea of how many out of about 1 million members that represents? I would be very surprised if it was more than 1000 and of those how many will leave the Club as a result?

peedee

Posted on 28/10/2022 13:35

I do not think that there are I million lead members who pay the "subs"?yell

Also there will still be many of those who have yet to suffer trying to use this "system" as most this year who have so far used sites will have  done so under the user friendly USP now trashedundecided

peedee replied on 28/10/2022 14:23

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:23

I do not think that there are I million lead members who pay the "subs"

True but family members can equally complain.

I think I was just a little too generous in suggesting surprise if it was more that a 1000. That needs to be revised as from a rough check on TP even 300 is being generous.  That is a very small percentage of subscriptions let alone the total family membership. Even throwing in some from CT and discounting they may have complained on TP as well isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 28/10/2022 14:31

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:31

Well, even with my very limited knowledge of the membership, I know of 4 who are no longer part of the club.

Hja replied on 28/10/2022 14:32

Posted on 28/10/2022 13:35 by JVB66

I do not think that there are I million lead members who pay the "subs"?yell

Also there will still be many of those who have yet to suffer trying to use this "system" as most this year who have so far used sites will have  done so under the user friendly USP now trashedundecided

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:32

There is also some rule of thumb that says for every one person that complains there are x people who feel exactly the same. I can’t remember what number x is. MPs use it all the time to assess how widespread particular concerns are.

eurortraveller replied on 28/10/2022 14:33

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:10 by JVB66

With what I have been advised the amount of money that this club has been chucking at the debacle  since the unanoused introduction there has to be some improvement? 

It seems if you have good speed internet,  are used to working with good up to date computers and used to workrounds you are in with a chance of being successful in making bookings,and even then if your details are correct 

The AGM is tomorrow 🤔🥱🤫

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:33

JVB, I am sorry you are unhappy, and even more that you keep telling us so, but the fact is that making a booking is dead easy..

I send good wishes to you and hope your spirits lift.

huskydog replied on 28/10/2022 14:46

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:46

I ave made 3 bookings so far , and all went straight forward, ok ,it’s different but not difficult 

JVB66 replied on 28/10/2022 14:52

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:23 by peedee

I do not think that there are I million lead members who pay the "subs"

True but family members can equally complain.

I think I was just a little too generous in suggesting surprise if it was more that a 1000. That needs to be revised as from a rough check on TP even 300 is being generous.  That is a very small percentage of subscriptions let alone the total family membership. Even throwing in some from CT and discounting they may have complained on TP as well isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

peedee

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:52

There are I suspect as posted quite a few as yet to even realise what they are in for as their LVsare now stored for the winter and the owners have yet to attempt to use the latest disaster of a booking system,and I just hope they really read the T&Cs beforehand surprised

InaD replied on 28/10/2022 14:58

Posted on 28/10/2022 10:07 by eurortraveller

I was looking at Trust Pilot reviews yesterday for another  product.   It seemed that it’s a place where angry, dissatisfied, disgruntled people have their say. 

Posted on 28/10/2022 14:58

However, in view of the fact that prior to being rated "Average" CAMC was rated "Good", it follows thet not all people on TP are angry, dissatisfied or disgruntled, otherwise they couldn't have achieved that rating.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook