New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Fozzie replied on 27/10/2022 20:31

Posted on 27/10/2022 20:31

I have attempted twice now ,to make a booking,and I don't know if its me,but both times I have made a booking it requests me to log in as a member, half way through booking,(there is no prompt before starting the booking process) and the first time it double the cost and had to muck about "deleting" one of the bookings.

Today,I have booked another site and again requested to member log in,the cost went from £100 odd to £152.00 on investigation it had added on a non member pitch fee,even though it asked to to member log in.

Have you always got to remember to member log in before starting the booking process?

Booking made on Chromebook with Windows 10

huskydog replied on 27/10/2022 21:04

Posted on 27/10/2022 20:28 by JVB66

And how much was the deposits? thats if you understood the T&Cs will you or will you not loose all or some if there is any problemsundecided

Posted on 27/10/2022 21:04

The total cost of the deposit was £52 , if there is a problem and we can’t go ,well it’s only money and you can’t take it with you , I’m not going to stay home in case might happen 

InaD replied on 28/10/2022 09:05

Posted on 28/10/2022 09:05

I see that on TrustPilot CAMC's rating has now gone down to "Average", I'm not surprised, nearly 7 weeks since launch and the system is still not fit for purpose.

cyberyacht replied on 28/10/2022 09:15

Posted on 28/10/2022 09:15

All that was needed for the old system was to change the cancellation period from 72 hours to 14/21 days and a charge of £x for cancellation within that period. Simple and cheap to amend. They must be a hirsute bunch at Grimstead Towers as none of them seems to have heard of Occams Razor.

SteveL replied on 28/10/2022 09:38

Posted on 28/10/2022 09:05 by InaD

I see that on TrustPilot CAMC's rating has now gone down to "Average", I'm not surprised, nearly 7 weeks since launch and the system is still not fit for purpose.

Posted on 28/10/2022 09:38

Just shows how unreliable those sort of ratings are, when considering the overall product. We stayed on several CAMC sites from the 12th September until the middle of October. Nothing seemed to have changed, we enjoyed our stays as we have always done. After the initial diabolical launch, I am able to make / amend bookings and yes even search for sites. True I have to pay a deposit, which I think is the major gripe and has probably had as much effect on the rating as the performance of the web site.

eurortraveller replied on 28/10/2022 10:07

Posted on 28/10/2022 10:07

I was looking at Trust Pilot reviews yesterday for another  product.   It seemed that it’s a place where angry, dissatisfied, disgruntled people have their say. 

JVB66 replied on 28/10/2022 11:10

Posted on 28/10/2022 09:38 by SteveL

Just shows how unreliable those sort of ratings are, when considering the overall product. We stayed on several CAMC sites from the 12th September until the middle of October. Nothing seemed to have changed, we enjoyed our stays as we have always done. After the initial diabolical launch, I am able to make / amend bookings and yes even search for sites. True I have to pay a deposit, which I think is the major gripe and has probably had as much effect on the rating as the performance of the web site.

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:10

With what I have been advised the amount of money that this club has been chucking at the debacle  since the unanoused introduction there has to be some improvement? 

It seems if you have good speed internet,  are used to working with good up to date computers and used to workrounds you are in with a chance of being successful in making bookings,and even then if your details are correct 

The AGM is tomorrow 🤔🥱🤫

peedee replied on 28/10/2022 11:52

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:52

It will be a damp squib. Even if they get huundred of questions about the booking system only one statement is going to be made probably in the the same vein as those on FB and TP.

Where are all the reports from the NEC from those that stated they would take up on their visits?

peedee

Hja replied on 28/10/2022 11:53

Posted on 27/10/2022 20:31 by Fozzie

I have attempted twice now ,to make a booking,and I don't know if its me,but both times I have made a booking it requests me to log in as a member, half way through booking,(there is no prompt before starting the booking process) and the first time it double the cost and had to muck about "deleting" one of the bookings.

Today,I have booked another site and again requested to member log in,the cost went from £100 odd to £152.00 on investigation it had added on a non member pitch fee,even though it asked to to member log in.

Have you always got to remember to member log in before starting the booking process?

Booking made on Chromebook with Windows 10

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:53

Yes, I do think you have to log in to make a booking. Having said that, I am not sure how non-members make a booking. 

Mikenbike replied on 28/10/2022 12:43

Posted on 28/10/2022 10:07 by eurortraveller

I was looking at Trust Pilot reviews yesterday for another  product.   It seemed that it’s a place where angry, dissatisfied, disgruntled people have their say. 

Posted on 28/10/2022 12:43

Exactly.  So the fact that the Club's rating there has dropped alarmingly should tell you that the new booking system has upset an awful lot of members.  They weren't angry, dissatisfied or disgruntled until that was foisted upon them. 

The Club has taken away an excellent booking system that wasn't broken and substituted in its place a buggy mess, with no discernible advantages.  A deposit mechanism could have been grafted onto the previous system quite satisfactorily.

Foot, meet bullet. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook