New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 16:18

Posted on 27/10/2022 16:18

I have just tried to book a site using my tablet as I always do but its just not having it. It won't let me progress without putting in my DOB but it won't let me key it in and I have an option of clicking back monthly for 65 years!!!! That's ridiculous.

Just though I would try it using my Android V10 smart phone using the web site. Not vey intuitive I know but here is how.

Select DOB and on the calender using the "<" and the ">"  either side of the month indicator alther the month of your DOB and select the date. This should give you day/month/2022 At the top of the calender on the left you should see 2022, click on this and you should get a drop down menu to change the year to the correct one.

Have another go.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 27/10/2022 16:19

Posted on 27/10/2022 16:09 by cobra44

Interestingly the £10 a night deposit charged by Morris is not necessarily going to be more than the Club. I have just booked a 9 night trip involving 4 sites. Because there is a minimum deposit of £25 per site booking the deposit required was £100. 9 nights on Morris sites would have been £90. 

Posted on 27/10/2022 16:19

The CAMC terms really aren’t draconian as I attempted to show earlier. It's just come as a shock to some after the years we had of free and easy booking and cancellation. Now all that’s needed is a slick online booking system. 🙄

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 16:26

Posted on 27/10/2022 16:26

Select DOB and on the calender using the "<" and the ">" either side of the month indicator alther the month of your DOB and select the date. This should give you day/month/2022 At the top of the calender on the left you should see 2022, click on this and you should get a drop down menu to change the year to the correct one.

It works the other way round as well, both on the web site and the App.Select the year first then the month and last the day

peedee

brue replied on 27/10/2022 17:20

Posted on 27/10/2022 16:12 by SteveL

I haven't even bothered with maps since the release so can't comment on searching via this method. Visibility is key especially on smaller devices, too much information is being squeezed onto small screens which many use when out and about.

Small devices are never easy, especially when your fingers are large, like mine and there are a couple of buttons that need reducing in size, or the ability to hide. However, you really ought to try the map as a search tool. Particularly on the small screen of the phone it works well. Zoom in on the area that interests you and just touch on the site or CL to bring it up. Until they get a workable search sorted it’s the way to go. Personally I think it will be a considerable time, if ever before that happens and I have never trusted the filters in any case. Even on the old site they often didn’t work properly.

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:20

OK Steve.

I'm  new to this (pretend) I click on the location search and I type Devon...up comes Devon Cliff Holidays before I even get to a map.

Devon Cliff Holidays is nothing to with CAMC.

Would someone not used to searching for club sites know this too? 

replied on 27/10/2022 17:55

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:20 by brue

OK Steve.

I'm  new to this (pretend) I click on the location search and I type Devon...up comes Devon Cliff Holidays before I even get to a map.

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:55

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 27/10/2022 17:57

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:20 by brue

OK Steve.

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:57

On my phone, if I select Devon. Devon UK is second down. Touch this and search and it returns a list of sites and CL's in Devon and surrounding area. There is a button hovering at the bottom which says show map. Touch this and you get the sites on a map. If you move the map about the UK you see other sites and CL's, touch the see list button and you get a list of what you are looking at. At any time you can touch on one and Progress too booking, or get the details if a CL.

None of the above is particularly technical and can be worked out with a little playing around. Any new system takes a bit of getting used to and this one is no different. Understanding members problems is also complicated by the fact we don't know wether there difficulties are a result of using older devices.

replied on 27/10/2022 18:01

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:55 by

I got a different answer to the same question , it offered me  Devon AB Canada. Since it obviously based on a worldwide map its not surprising.

However if one goes into filters and unchecks all but UK  Club Site and asks for a known site it works fine. I would suggest the average member seeking to make a booking for Hillhead for instance would have no problem navigating to the booking page and availability.

Posted on 27/10/2022 18:01

replied on 27/10/2022 18:17

Posted on 27/10/2022 18:17

landymick replied on 27/10/2022 18:25

Posted on 27/10/2022 18:25

the other problem is i never saw the box where unless you tick it we will take the balance the night before it put my bank account into the over draft , i am sorry but that to me is not right when you mainly pay cash on arrival so as i have said in a previous post and have seen in other posts why change something that aint broke and while we are  at it get rid of the icecream sign logo please

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook