New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/10/2022 10:19

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:19

If it wasn’t for the fact that so many Members, over a variety of report back methods, are finding the new bookings system and terms and conditions awkward, unintuitive, not user friendly, etc…… I would find the latter few pages of this thread amusing.

To have some some of the die hard, go elsewhere, CAMC aren’t that good, touring life is so much better with other providers extolling the virtues of all the changes is rather funny. A huge well done to HQ as well, former sceptics gathered happily into the fold, a dream result🤣🤣🤣 Carte blanche to roll out more of what the majority don’t want……

GTP replied on 27/10/2022 10:33

Posted on 27/10/2022 07:10 by SteveL

I suspect there will be many reasons, including the loss of the USP. However, as I mentioned earlier, some of it might be down to members with older devices. My OH wouldn’t be making many bookings on her 7 year old iPad mini, as the website runs so slowly. It’s clearly been designed for more up to date devices with larger useable RAM and faster processors.

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:33

It’s clearly been designed for more up to date devices with larger useable RAM and faster processors.

Can't agree altogether with that Steve.....I use an iMac 27" 5K top of the rage pro ( aside..probably last in the range as Apple have something else in mind) with virgin cable broadband....CT & web site is like watching paint dry....as for the app..you may be right, we don't find a problem with the app (apart from design)....me using an iPhone 12 and OH using an iPhone 13 so perhaps older mobile devices have a problem.  For example...as you may know iOS 16 has just been released and will not update any iPhone less than series 8 making some apps not fully functional on those devices..and probably not at all as apps get updated to run on devices with faster processors...

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 10:41

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:41

Nothing has changed TTDA but if it is not an elephant I won't call it a hippopotamus.

Carte blanche to roll out more of what the majority don’t want…

but the surveys said.....

peedee

brue replied on 27/10/2022 11:04

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:04

Our of interest I started a late availability search, there's no general list to browse so I selected Abbey Wood. That bit was working. Then I pressed the back button and a list appeared of sites beginning with A including non uk sites, as per CLs the list sticks at 20 but I was surprised to see non uk sites on a uk search.

The new system is working on a very basic level but it's nowhere near being fully functional. There maybe user errors along the way but generally the system is at fault.

There's some use in this thread if people are really  testing the system. If they feel it's good and working well I'm sure the club will be pleased.

JVB66 replied on 27/10/2022 11:07

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:41 by peedee

Nothing has changed TTDA but if it is not an elephant I won't call it a hippopotamus.

Carte blanche to roll out more of what the majority don’t want…

but the surveys said.....

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:07

Was it the survey just recently that had 13 replies' yell

SteveL replied on 27/10/2022 11:14

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:33 by GTP

It’s clearly been designed for more up to date devices with larger useable RAM and faster processors.

Can't agree altogether with that Steve.....I use an iMac 27" 5K top of the rage pro ( aside..probably last in the range as Apple have something else in mind) with virgin cable broadband....CT & web site is like watching paint dry....as for the app..you may be right, we don't find a problem with the app (apart from design)....me using an iPhone 12 and OH using an iPhone 13 so perhaps older mobile devices have a problem.  For example...as you may know iOS 16 has just been released and will not update any iPhone less than series 8 making some apps not fully functional on those devices..and probably not at all as apps get updated to run on devices with faster processors...

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:14

Can't agree altogether with that Steve.....I use an iMac 27" 5K top of the rage pro      CT & web site is like watching paint dry.

My experience is somewhat different. For the first time yesterday I tried it on our iMac  (24 inch with an M1 Chip and 8 GB of memory, running Monterey 12.6 and using safari browser) It ran very, well indeed. Extremely fast, map very fluid, zooming in and out and moving around the country, even when asked to display CL’s as well. OK the searches / filters still don’t work, but otherwise it was a pleasure to use. CT isn’t a lot different to on my other devices, but then that is always slow.

What browser are you using?

brue replied on 27/10/2022 11:25

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:25

I'm sure its running well on most devices except very old ones,  that's not the main concern it's the formatting that's lacking.

SteveL replied on 27/10/2022 11:44

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:25 by brue

I'm sure its running well on most devices except very old ones,  that's not the main concern it's the formatting that's lacking.

Posted on 27/10/2022 11:44

There is nothing wrong with the formatting of the actual booking page, other than its ability to only display  20 sites. Call up the map zoom in and out and the list of sites changes to suit. Click on the site on the list or on the map to get more details and check availability / book or details of CL.

What are missing are all the belts and whistles of an efficient search and filtering routine, plus of course  inaccuracies in information supplied, links to leaving a review and directions.

Oh, the whole point of the thread is to pass on details to others. If  more folk gave information on  what devices, browsers and operating systems they are using, we might get a better picture of why they are having problems.

cobra44 replied on 27/10/2022 12:21

Posted on 27/10/2022 12:21

Not against the idea of a deposit but the punitive conditions under which the deposit will be lost are appalling. I rarely book sites more than 21 days in advance mainly because I never know if OH health conditions will allow a trip. Despite that I have only once cancelled a trip in nearly 20 years of membership and then well in advance of the 72 hours. The new associated condition of losing the deposit for cancellations within 21 days of a booking means that if I ever do have to cancel then that deposit will be lost - absolute robbery!! Furthermore, that deposit could be a considerable sum if it involves more than one site e.g. a 10 day trip involving 4 sites would require a deposit of £100 all at risk if a cancellation becomes necessary.  Most commercial sites require either a deposit/and or payment details at time of booking BUT usually have much more flexible penalty free cancellation periods often up to 24 hours before arrival. It would seem much more reasonable for the Club to change this cancellation penalty-free period to the 72 hours that also invokes other sanctions for late cancellations - but then that would be doing something with a membership orientation!! Disappointing to say the least.

eurortraveller replied on 27/10/2022 12:41

Posted on 27/10/2022 12:41

Cobra, I am surprised at what you say about commercial sites refunding deposits. Ones I know charge deposits of £30and £50 each - and don’t refund at all for cancellations - not ever, 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook