New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/10/2022 21:02

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:51 by huskydog

Well they have obviously listened and made some updates , and at this moment in time I don’t find it difficult to book a site . If it was difficult I would go elsewhere 

it’s good to see that you keep a record of my posts , and if I ever need to recall one I will give you a shout ! 

Posted on 26/10/2022 21:02

So nothing specific but you think they’re getting there.That’s terrific news even if others can’t agree with you yet.

Record of your posts? Ha, ha, don't kid yourself! I was reading earlier pages today to see what had changed and your prime example jumped off the page along with another early post of yours calling the system a dog's breakfast. I guess, as a Husky, you’d know all about that.🤣

Mikenbike replied on 27/10/2022 01:34

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:13 by peedee

But to suggest that its nothing more than a money making organisation is just hyperbole.

and the profits go to keep the Club running and the sites in good condition etc etc.It does not go to share holders and in a way members get back what you pay in.

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2022 01:34

"Get back what you pay in"

Well, it's comforting to know that a massive chunk of the increasingly expensive site fees we've all been paying these past few years hasn't been wasted on shareholders, but has instead been spaffed on this wonderful new booking system for our benefit...  

£5 million-odd wasn't it?

Thanks CAMC 🙄 

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 06:59

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:37 by nelliethehooker

And it doesn't mean you right either. Very many other are obviously finding that it is shambolic as far as they are concerned.

Posted on 27/10/2022 06:59

There are some on here who are determined not to find it usable under any circumstances. I wonder why? Is it just because they cannot cope with change?

peedee

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 07:06

Posted on 27/10/2022 01:34 by Mikenbike

"Get back what you pay in"

Well, it's comforting to know that a massive chunk of the increasingly expensive site fees we've all been paying these past few years hasn't been wasted on shareholders, but has instead been spaffed on this wonderful new booking system for our benefit...  

£5 million-odd wasn't it?

Thanks CAMC 🙄 

Posted on 27/10/2022 07:06

Where does it say this is exactly what it cost?

peedee

SteveL replied on 27/10/2022 07:10

Posted on 27/10/2022 06:59 by peedee

There are some on here who are determined not to find it usable under any circumstances. I wonder why? Is it just because they cannot cope with change?

peedee

Posted on 27/10/2022 07:10

I suspect there will be many reasons, including the loss of the USP. However, as I mentioned earlier, some of it might be down to members with older devices. My OH wouldn’t be making many bookings on her 7 year old iPad mini, as the website runs so slowly. It’s clearly been designed for more up to date devices with larger useable RAM and faster processors.

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 07:34

Posted on 27/10/2022 07:34

Agree complaints could be down to the devices in use but to carry on using very old or very small devices is a user choice and there is not much the Club can do about that.

peedee

peedee replied on 27/10/2022 07:50

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:53 by Bromptonaut

PLease could you explain how I use the new booking engine to choose dates and seek availability at any site in England?

Was easy enough on the old version. 

Posted on 27/10/2022 07:50

Just because late availability does not work in the same way as it used to does not mean you cannot find anything anywhere. Of course the wider your date search the less likely you are to find availability e.g. a months window. The narrower you make this e.g. pitches for a weekend visit, the more likely the chance of finding pitches. If you are searching for something say a couple of hours from home (to quote an earlier post of yours) then you would hardly search the whole of the UK.  I would at least expect you to put in England, Wales or Scotland UK or even a county . Any of those will bring up quite a large area which you can pan and zoom into to see the availability. Even if the area you quite fancy for your chosen dates shows full for the sites visible you can change the dates to see if anything comes up fo meet your date change.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook