New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 26/10/2022 15:48

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:19 by TimboC

View, or experience?

I agree with peedee because my experience has been positive, and yet by saying so I've been told I'm 'blinkered', that I'm wearing 'rose tinted spectacles' , that I'm a 'denier' and that my posts are 'belittling and unhelpful'.

I havent tried to amend or cancel a booking yet, but the bookings I have made have been simple and straight forward. Clearly, many are having problems but the answer is to seek a positive and constructive solution via the channels provided by the club and then to publish them here.

Posted on 26/10/2022 15:48

Your last sentence presumes that contact direct to the club produces a positive and constructive solution.

I have reported issues using the club booking feedback form. I have had no reply at all. The list of fixes fixed doesn’t help, neither does the list of potential fixes. Still no proper working filter for CLs, still no links from summary info to full site details with map coordinates (so important for CLs) map location, and directions. List search  still only bringing up 20 or so sites. Yes there is a sort of workaround for the latter, but not for some of the other issues. As I say, no response from club, site still not fit for purpose. CL section of site had no relevance to changing site for deposits, pitch type selection etc, but CL section trashed.

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 16:20

Posted on 26/10/2022 16:20

CL section of site had no relevance to changing site for deposits, pitch type selection etc, but CL section trashed.

While I agree with much of what you say hja, don't forget the old system had already been altered quite a bit since introduction and you can only make a finite number of pathes before maintenance and any further alterations become difficult if not impossible. The Club was probably right to grasp the nettle and change the lot when it had the opportunity with the major change required for pitch type selection and deposits.

peedee

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2022 16:26

Posted on 26/10/2022 16:26

What a shame they didn’t consult the CL owners on the changes. I for one am hoping some CL owners will be attending the AGM in person and stating their thoughts. This aspect hasn’t been a positive one for Owners or Member Users of CLs.

GEandGJE replied on 26/10/2022 17:10

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:20 by JVB66

You are being a bit ott with that but with your and timboc other replies it seems you are not aware of how much of our money it seems is used on vanity ideas from EGH to normally the detrimental effect that site staff have to try to mitigate undecided

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:10

What issues did site staff have to mitigate with the name change?.

I don't call the rebranding of a 'Product' to make it relevant in the current marketplace a 'vanity' idea I would call it good business practice. Why, with the increase in new motorhome owners in recent years why would they look at The Caravan Club or indeed the Caravan and Camping Club, which by the very nature of their names exclude Motorhomes. So well done to the club in keeping its self relevant in the marketplace and if it doesn't keep moving forward it could become the 'Woolworth's' of the leisure industry.  

Navigateur replied on 26/10/2022 17:28

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:28

why would they look at The Caravan Club or indeed the Caravan and Camping Club, which by the very nature of their names exclude Motorhomes

And the names exclude camper vans, trailer tents, etc.

Tesco, Sainsbury, Aldi (just to name 3) seem to do quite well without having to have a name that lists all the types of goods they offer.

GEandGJE replied on 26/10/2022 17:51

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:28 by Navigateur

why would they look at The Caravan Club or indeed the Caravan and Camping Club, which by the very nature of their names exclude Motorhomes

And the names exclude camper vans, trailer tents, etc.

Tesco, Sainsbury, Aldi (just to name 3) seem to do quite well without having to have a name that lists all the types of goods they offer.

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:51

And your point is?

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2022 17:54

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:10 by GEandGJE

What issues did site staff have to mitigate with the name change?.

I don't call the rebranding of a 'Product' to make it relevant in the current marketplace a 'vanity' idea I would call it good business practice. Why, with the increase in new motorhome owners in recent years why would they look at The Caravan Club or indeed the Caravan and Camping Club, which by the very nature of their names exclude Motorhomes. So well done to the club in keeping its self relevant in the marketplace and if it doesn't keep moving forward it could become the 'Woolworth's' of the leisure industry.  

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:54

PS it is the camping and caravanning clubsurprised

And as for the  product it is Motor CARAVAN on the DVLA  V5 not the marketing namewink

So there was not any real need to spend large amounts of our money on another blue sky thinkers" Idea?"

TobyLeeds replied on 26/10/2022 18:17

Posted on 26/10/2022 18:17

Can people who want to complain about

Name changes

Cost of sites

Surveys

etc

please open different threads as this one is supposedly dedicated to the operation of the website.

As someone who has taken 2 weeks to get a ringtone from silent on my mobile I’m dreading my first attempt at a booking. It could be private sites next year.

GEandGJE replied on 26/10/2022 18:24

Posted on 26/10/2022 17:54 by JVB66

PS it is the camping and caravanning clubsurprised

And as for the  product it is Motor CARAVAN on the DVLA  V5 not the marketing namewink

So there was not any real need to spend large amounts of our money on another blue sky thinkers" Idea?"

Posted on 26/10/2022 18:24

The Product I referred to is the club, sorry if you didn't understand that.

Are you going to answer the question of the issues site staff had to mitigate  which you raised.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook