New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 11:06

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:37 by peedee

Your right, just tried it on my Android phone and there is no split. Is it only on the larger devices the screen splits or have the splits been removed? When I have my tablet to hand I will check to see if it has changed

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:06

8 inch Anodroid version 12 opens with a split on the booking page. You can then decide if you want the map full screen. The App on an Android verson 10 smart phone opens with the map and gives you a button to select the list view. They plan to change this so it opens with the list. Using the phone to select a booking via the web site is similar. No sign of a split screen.

I wonder what determines the split screen, screen size?

peedee

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 11:11

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:11

I have tried with an old 7 inch tablet running Android version 2 and while it works it is slow and not so good as my later devices. The phone is by no means new 2/3 years old and that runs ok over 4g.

peedee

kinsonlad replied on 26/10/2022 11:17

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:17

We have just tried to get some availability information on club sites. Oh, what a complete disaster !  During this spring and summer we were either on our usual trip through England and France, using club sites where suitable or we stayed on CL's.  The booking process for  all of these was very easy, using either the old Club system on our PC or good old-fashioned phone / handbook

Now wetter weather has arrived we switch to  hardstanding pitches on club sites.   Oh dear ! should we have bothered trying to use the new system. It seems to want more information than I provided for our summer trip, including ferry crossings and it was more complicated - not being able to check availability dates across two months ( eventually found a way to do this ) -then having to give so much info ( wife's name and DOB etc) and finally being asked for deposits for each stop. We gave up !

Being so frustrated I wondered if other members had had similar problems. For the first time ever we looked at Club Together for any comments.  We now recognise that we are not useless older computer illiterates, as the sheer number of comments indicated members having many similar problems / views. 

We wonder now if anyone at East Grinstead will bother to do something about sorting this.  When I was a business consultant in my working past, if similar problems had happened in client companies then serious action would have been taken

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 11:20

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:20

The filters are rubbish, especially for CLs. Try searching for motorhome friendly CLs! What result do you get?

peedee

SteveL replied on 26/10/2022 11:41

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:20 by peedee

The filters are rubbish, especially for CLs. Try searching for motorhome friendly CLs! What result do you get?

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:41

I just get 74 club sites. So not terribly useful. It doesn't include Altnaharra, which is a shame as its such nice site. I suppose having to march up and down a hill to empty / get water is what does it.😂

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 12:06

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:13 by peedee

But to suggest that its nothing more than a money making organisation is just hyperbole.

and the profits go to keep the Club running and the sites in good condition etc etc.It does not go to share holders and in a way members get back what you pay in.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 12:06

Spot on peedee.

From reading some posts, anyone would think that the Board are sitting in their ivory tower, getting fat on champagne and caviar while sticking two fingers up to the membership. Its utter nonsense.

Hja replied on 26/10/2022 12:50

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:04 by Rowena

Thank you to those who have expressed an interest in the Autumn Survey. For both Spring and Autumn surveys, we randomly select c40k members to be invited. We select a different 40k each time.

We have also been running mini surveys most months inviting c15k members (again different each time). These are another opportunity to share views. We will have one in November. Also in December. 

Posted on 26/10/2022 12:50

Thank you for that information, Rowena.

I guess being sent a survey is a bit like waiting for your premium bond or lottery number to come up. I’ve been a member for many years, almost certainly since before regular surveys, and have never received one!

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2022 12:53

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:17 by kinsonlad

We have just tried to get some availability information on club sites. Oh, what a complete disaster !  During this spring and summer we were either on our usual trip through England and France, using club sites where suitable or we stayed on CL's.  The booking process for  all of these was very easy, using either the old Club system on our PC or good old-fashioned phone / handbook

Now wetter weather has arrived we switch to  hardstanding pitches on club sites.   Oh dear ! should we have bothered trying to use the new system. It seems to want more information than I provided for our summer trip, including ferry crossings and it was more complicated - not being able to check availability dates across two months ( eventually found a way to do this ) -then having to give so much info ( wife's name and DOB etc) and finally being asked for deposits for each stop. We gave up !

Being so frustrated I wondered if other members had had similar problems. For the first time ever we looked at Club Together for any comments.  We now recognise that we are not useless older computer illiterates, as the sheer number of comments indicated members having many similar problems / views. 

We wonder now if anyone at East Grinstead will bother to do something about sorting this.  When I was a business consultant in my working past, if similar problems had happened in client companies then serious action would have been taken

Posted on 26/10/2022 12:53

Clearly you are not alone, as you have found posting on here. You could take a look at some of the “how to….” Videos the Club have put together, or contact the Club direct, but post on here with your problem as well, as someone might have found a way round things that could work for you. Need to know what device and browser you might be using. But take a look at the videos first, they might help. Under Book a UK Site, click on New Booking Experience. Hope this helps. Club have been putting things right this last six weeks or so, still working on it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook