New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 22:55

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:50 by TimboC

It just seems to me that there are a lot of keyboard warriors in this forum who revel in collectively throwing their toys out of the pram with 'I'm cancelling my membership and taking my money elsewhere' type of posts.I have to say that I see no evidence of this on the sites i've been on.

I accept that the introduction has been far from perfect, but the instruction videos, feedback links etc show that the Club does care about members opinions, and I think that we should all use the link to report our experiences. I have, because I think that the 21 day cancellation policy is unfair, and actualy encourages people who may have covid NOT to cancel.

Lets get rid of this negative attitude and try to do something positive to the benefit of all members. The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence, which TrustPilot reviews for C&CC prove

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:55

We shall just have to wait and see,  more so into next year , as many LVs are being winterised at this time of year when half term is over 

And the bookings at present are mostly under the USP of the user friendly system ,as it is, only just starting to dawn on members of what has been foysted on them 

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 23:03

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:01 by Takethedogalong

Hurrah for you. I am guessing you are unable to see the correlation between the seven “how too….” Videos, the Fault report back link above your actual post, the plummeting TP and other social media reviews and the countless apologies from the Club itself, who to give them their due, have now recognised what a dogs dinner they have made of things. And that’s with six weeks worth of constant IT fault finding……..

Posted on 25/10/2022 23:03

And the amount of our add money being thrown at it ,surprised

When there was the name change and colour scheme. change it was decided that enough was enough,as you will probably be aware of with the green signs still in situ on many sites

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 23:12

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:05 by nelliethehooker

We have just left a CC site, it being the 6th surprised that we have used this year for a total of 31 nights, and we have not received the survey either. In fact we didn't get a reminder prior to the latest visit to arrive at 1:00 or later, which we had for earlier ones. There is nothing in either the Spam or Junk boxes, but we did get an email  on the 18th Oct reminding us to vote at the AGM so we are definitely on the mailing list.

Posted on 25/10/2022 23:12

Thinking back we got that email for the AGM? so we must be in the marketing system when they need

So why was there not an email sent by the same system to advise members of the new booking system?

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 07:38

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:21 by SteveL

On an iphone I don’t get a split screen. It’s all site info / availability, or all map. The map actually runs even faster than on my iPad as it has a better processor. Does an android phone split the screen, rather than as detailed above?

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:38

Depends whether you are using the App or the web site. The App does not split the screen.

peedee

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 07:47

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:13 by brue

You're quoting me Peedee?

Yes I appreciate some like perusing maps. However on a smart phone for instance there's hardly room to see a map properly on the split pages now offered.

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:47

While I used your text Brue, the comment was for general consumption to indicate tour planning and browsing is possible allbeit more difficult on slow small screen devices. If I was doing any advanced planning it would either be on a tablet, laptop or a desktop notably to save my eyesight.

peedee

trellis replied on 26/10/2022 07:50

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:39 by JVB66

If you can wait until next week I will try and find out , we are stopping to meet up with others on our way to a private site in Norfolm i,  suspect that booking a hardstand will be just that as in the past and will be which ever side has availability East side has 20? but seems more spacious 

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:50

Thanks for that JVB , 👍.

replied on 26/10/2022 07:59

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 08:06

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:46 by JVB66

When you have been a member as long as us and seen in recent years how the original ethos of what was in the past a real club ,has been eroded,and is now nothing more than a money making organisation,   and with this latest booking system? debacle by trashing what was a user friendly  system with the USP which made this club head and shoulders above other pitch suppliers,

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:06

My first experience of this club was as a 13 year old in 1973. We had an outside toilet tent, and pumped water into the caravan via a foot pump. We woke up with ice on the inside of the windows, and trudged over to the water tap in an inch of mud as hardstandings were few and far between.

The improvement in pitch type, facilities and benefits over the years are immeasurable, and why people flock to this forum to carp and moan is beyond me. Perfect? No. But to suggest that its nothing more than a money making organisation is just hyperbole.

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 08:13

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:13

But to suggest that its nothing more than a money making organisation is just hyperbole.

and the profits go to keep the Club running and the sites in good condition etc etc.It does not go to share holders and in a way members get back what you pay in.

peedee

SteveL replied on 26/10/2022 08:20

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:38 by peedee

Depends whether you are using the App or the web site. The App does not split the screen.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:20

Neither does the web site on an iphone. Although it does on the iPad. Splitting the screen on something as small as a phone looks like a program error that needs sorting,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook