New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 21:05

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:05

Well, your perceived “keyboard warrior” grouping is significantly larger than my “rose tinted spectacle” count, but I don’t actually disagree that reporting faults isn’t helpful.

I do however remain sceptical of the decisions made, the reasons why, and highly disappointed in how things have been communicated and drip fed to the Membership. That’s my feedback, but I don’t think it will be of any concern to the Club. I am of course open to being re-enthused and otherwise convinced………

trellis replied on 25/10/2022 21:17

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:17

This may sound flippant, it isn't meant to be. I'm hoping JVB  may have an answer as I believe this site is his "second home" . We are looking to book FM for next year . We prefer the east side to the west . Question , will the new booking shambles let us book a HS on either side as realistically they are two different sites ? . Think I already know the answer , but no harm in asking.šŸ˜.

TimboC replied on 25/10/2022 21:18

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:05 by Takethedogalong

Well, your perceived ā€œkeyboard warriorā€ grouping is significantly larger than my ā€œrose tinted spectacleā€ count, but I donā€™t actually disagree that reporting faults isnā€™t helpful.

I do however remain sceptical of the decisions made, the reasons why, and highly disappointed in how things have been communicated and drip fed to the Membership. Thatā€™s my feedback, but I donā€™t think it will be of any concern to the Club. I am of course open to being re-enthused and otherwise convincedā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:18

If having a positive experience of being a member and supporter of this club is deemed to be 'rose tinted' then thats something that I'm happy to live with.

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 21:21

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:13 by brue

You're quoting me Peedee?

Yes I appreciate some like perusing maps. However on a smart phone for instance there's hardly room to see a map properly on the split pages now offered.

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:21

On an iphone I don’t get a split screen. It’s all site info / availability, or all map. The map actually runs even faster than on my iPad as it has a better processor. Does an android phone split the screen, rather than as detailed above?

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 21:39

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:17 by trellis

This may sound flippant, it isn't meant to be. I'm hoping JVB  may have an answer as I believe this site is his "second home" . We are looking to book FM for next year . We prefer the east side to the west . Question , will the new booking shambles let us book a HS on either side as realistically they are two different sites ? . Think I already know the answer , but no harm in asking.šŸ˜.

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:39

If you can wait until next week I will try and find out , we are stopping to meet up with others on our way to a private site in Norfolm i,  suspect that booking a hardstand will be just that as in the past and will be which ever side has availability East side has 20? but seems more spacious 

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 21:57

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:21 by nelliethehooker

Kjell as I have just posted above we have had 31 nights on club sites this year, and those nights have worked out at an average of Ā£18:52 pn. I guess you will have paid more than that on some of the sites you have stopped on this year. So with a bit of research one can find CC sites that are relatively cheap. However I very much doubt that we will be using any club sites again, what with the huge price inceases, lack of MWD, and the struggle to fit them in with our touring plans because of the rubbish new booking system.

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:57

Yes, I think our most expensive site was £27, a fully serviced pitch on a small commercial site near York.   Balanced however with much less expensive CLs.   And much less expensive than CAMC  Beechwood Grange! 

We had booked Banchory Silverbank for late March, with mid week discount, but had to cancel that as DD and family asked if they could use the van for the first week of the Easter school holidays, so after that we used Greenpark instead.   Less expensive and serviced pitches.   Nice toilets and showers too.

Unfortunately, since 2018,  having volunteered for grandparent duties, we are now restricted on when we can go away.  Late April till mid June is now out, as is mid August till late September.  And also mid October through to late March, though  we have not often gone away at that time anyway.

So we are mainly left with school holiday periods, SIL is a teacher, and times when we can swap with the other grandparents, and CAMC are not known for low prices any time there is a sniff of a school  holiday!

We have in the past used several non facility sites such as Cadeside, Englethwaite and High Onn, which are less expensive, but these days we find we use quite a few CCC sites as we get the age discount, and their peak periods, especially in Scotland, are shorter.  

We also use a lot of CLs, plus a few commercials.  

These days the joints are getting pretty creaky, I have arthritis setting in in my hips and my hand joints, so we are splashing out (moderately) on serviced pitches where affordable, and we do prefer a hardstanding most of the time, so this has pushed up our average spend.  

Fewer nights away each year mean we can spend a little more per night on pitch fees,  but I do think our days of using Club sites are now over.

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 22:15

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:21 by nelliethehooker

Kjell as I have just posted above we have had 31 nights on club sites this year, and those nights have worked out at an average of Ā£18:52 pn. I guess you will have paid more than that on some of the sites you have stopped on this year. So with a bit of research one can find CC sites that are relatively cheap. However I very much doubt that we will be using any club sites again, what with the huge price inceases, lack of MWD, and the struggle to fit them in with our touring plans because of the rubbish new booking system.

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:15

Just FM next year cc to meet friends unless we use ccc site at St Neots,as those without ccsite passes are going to join ccc 

We normally would have at least one tour booked by now,on mostly this clubs sites but ,seriously having a rethink,but must have full disable facilties on sites.  with the user friendly previous system it was easy

And with our ages we are reticent as we may lose quite  large amounts of money

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 22:19

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:15 by JVB66

Just FM next year cc to meet friends unless we use ccc site at St Neots,as those without ccsite passes are going to join ccc 

We normally would have at least one tour booked by now,on mostly this clubs sites but ,seriously having a rethink,but must have full disable facilties on sites

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:19

Is Clumber Park too far for you JV? New upgraded facilities are best we have ever seen on a Club Site, and compared with some Sites, the price is mid range. Nice midweek, busy at weekends. 

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 22:26

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:19 by Takethedogalong

Is Clumber Park too far for you JV? New upgraded facilities are best we have ever seen on a Club Site, and compared with some Sites, the price is mid range. Nice midweek, busy at weekends. 

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:26

so I understand we have stayed sevaral times in the past we have friends about 10 miles away, ,Sutton on sea and Cayton village are good,we have friends within easy striking distance of them also,  but we shall see if we can book sites at very short notice so as to miss the deposits ,but wiil wait to see if it will work 

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 22:46

Posted on 25/10/2022 21:18 by TimboC

If having a positive experience of being a member and supporter of this club is deemed to be 'rose tinted' then thats something that I'm happy to live with.

Posted on 25/10/2022 22:46

When you have been a member as long as us and seen in recent years how the original ethos of what was in the past a real club ,has been eroded,and is now nothing more than a money making organisation,   and with this latest booking system? debacle by trashing what was a user friendly  system with the USP which made this club head and shoulders above other pitch suppliers,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook