New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 20:01

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:59 by huskydog

Right then , I have just made a booking for next year and I can’t see what the problem is , yes, there are a few more box’s to tick and it’s a bit slower to go to the next page . I had no problems with paying the deposit.

i think some are just moaning for the sake of it ,because it’s different surprised

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:01

Hurrah for you. I am guessing you are unable to see the correlation between the seven “how too….” Videos, the Fault report back link above your actual post, the plummeting TP and other social media reviews and the countless apologies from the Club itself, who to give them their due, have now recognised what a dogs dinner they have made of things. And that’s with six weeks worth of constant IT fault finding……..

nelliethehooker replied on 25/10/2022 20:05

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:05

We have just left a CC site, it being the 6th surprised that we have used this year for a total of 31 nights, and we have not received the survey either. In fact we didn't get a reminder prior to the latest visit to arrive at 1:00 or later, which we had for earlier ones. There is nothing in either the Spam or Junk boxes, but we did get an email  on the 18th Oct reminding us to vote at the AGM so we are definitely on the mailing list.

TimboC replied on 25/10/2022 20:08

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:01 by Takethedogalong

Hurrah for you. I am guessing you are unable to see the correlation between the seven “how too….” Videos, the Fault report back link above your actual post, the plummeting TP and other social media reviews and the countless apologies from the Club itself, who to give them their due, have now recognised what a dogs dinner they have made of things. And that’s with six weeks worth of constant IT fault finding……..

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:08

What is wrong with someone posting a positive review of their experience?

If you have a negative experience, do something about it.

https://survey.alchemer.eu/s3/90487485/Booking-Capability-feedback

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 20:11

Posted on 25/10/2022 19:59 by KjellNN

I do not need any fingers for this year!

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:11

2019 ....not away at all

2021......20 nights on Club sites, out of a total of 72 nights away, mainly as we had purchased some of those discounted vouchers, plus many CLs  were all booked up.

2022.......no Club sites , due to the cost........80 nights away for us in total

brue replied on 25/10/2022 20:13

Posted on 25/10/2022 19:24 by peedee

Yes browsing has gone

I don't think so, it is easy enough to drag the map around and see where sites are and whether there are pitches available. If I was planning a multi site tour using Club sites I would use this method to identify sites and to decide where to stay.

peedee

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:13

You're quoting me Peedee?

Yes I appreciate some like perusing maps. However on a smart phone for instance there's hardly room to see a map properly on the split pages now offered.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/10/2022 20:21

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:21

Kjell as I have just posted above we have had 31 nights on club sites this year, and those nights have worked out at an average of £18:52 pn. I guess you will have paid more than that on some of the sites you have stopped on this year. So with a bit of research one can find CC sites that are relatively cheap. However I very much doubt that we will be using any club sites again, what with the huge price inceases, lack of MWD, and the struggle to fit them in with our touring plans because of the rubbish new booking system.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 20:35

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:08 by TimboC

What is wrong with someone posting a positive review of their experience?

If you have a negative experience, do something about it.

https://survey.alchemer.eu/s3/90487485/Booking-Capability-feedback

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:35

Nothing wrong with anyone posting a positive review. I was merely responding to HD’s jibe about “some folk’s moaning for the sake of it” and pointing towards the fact that not everyone is wearing rose tinted spectacles and that there are well documented issues, not least from the Club itself🤷‍♀️

And trust me, I have expressed my negative experiences other than on here. Not least where it will hit the Club hardest, in terms of not recommending. 

replied on 25/10/2022 20:49

Posted on 25/10/2022 16:43 by Burgundy

Has anyone read the Ts & Cs, let alone understood them? I gave up

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:49

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

TimboC replied on 25/10/2022 20:50

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:35 by Takethedogalong

Nothing wrong with anyone posting a positive review. I was merely responding to HD’s jibe about “some folk’s moaning for the sake of it” and pointing towards the fact that not everyone is wearing rose tinted spectacles and that there are well documented issues, not least from the Club itself🤷‍♀️

And trust me, I have expressed my negative experiences other than on here. Not least where it will hit the Club hardest, in terms of not recommending. 

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:50

It just seems to me that there are a lot of keyboard warriors in this forum who revel in collectively throwing their toys out of the pram with 'I'm cancelling my membership and taking my money elsewhere' type of posts.I have to say that I see no evidence of this on the sites i've been on.

I accept that the introduction has been far from perfect, but the instruction videos, feedback links etc show that the Club does care about members opinions, and I think that we should all use the link to report our experiences. I have, because I think that the 21 day cancellation policy is unfair, and actualy encourages people who may have covid NOT to cancel.

Lets get rid of this negative attitude and try to do something positive to the benefit of all members. The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence, which TrustPilot reviews for C&CC prove

huskydog replied on 25/10/2022 20:52

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:01 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 25/10/2022 20:52

I just went straight in and did a booking with out watching any videos, and for me it was straight forward. But for me the Club is just a small part of all of the sites out there ,so if I don’t like what the club is doing I will go elsewhere, I don’t need to keep posting about . 

I stand by my comments 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook