New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/10/2022 15:46

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:46

Dont forget to check your Junk Mail, occasionally I get stuff from Club that goes straight to Junk Mail.

Well it would, wouldn't it!!😀

Hja replied on 25/10/2022 15:53

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:53

Only one person so far declaring they have received autumn survey. Anyone else? I haven’t and it is not in junk.

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 15:53

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:48 by

Re problems around cancellations and so on ... I want to amend a booking by changing one type of pitch for another. Having read (on here, or on Trust Pilot, or on ano Forum?? cannot recall) of someone having amended a booking and being charged a cancellation fee, I am now reluctant to tamper with the booking. I just trust that the wardens will sort me out when I arrive. 

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:53

I was just reading some of the Ts & Cs and, if I remember correctly, if you amend pitch type less than 21 days ahead, you can change, but will get no refund if the new pitch  costs less.   If it costs more, you have to pay more.

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 15:56

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:53 by Hja

Only one person so far declaring they have received autumn survey. Anyone else? I haven’t and it is not in junk.

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:56

Have now checked Junk.....nothing there.

I suppose it depends on what they are asking about.  If it is about stays on Club sites, then fair enough, we have not used any in the  last year.

I could however tell them why we have not used any!

Burgundy replied on 25/10/2022 16:43

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:53 by KjellNN

I was just reading some of the Ts & Cs and, if I remember correctly, if you amend pitch type less than 21 days ahead, you can change, but will get no refund if the new pitch  costs less.   If it costs more, you have to pay more.

Posted on 25/10/2022 16:43

Has anyone read the Ts & Cs, let alone understood them? I gave up

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 16:44

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:53 by Hja

Posted on 25/10/2022 16:44

I received one today and have completed it. There was a section for comments on the new booking system.

yellowbelly replied on 25/10/2022 16:47

Posted on 25/10/2022 08:53 by cyberyacht

DK mentioned the ability for sites to remain open for a longer season when Hard Standings are installed. Morn Hill was, IIRC, previously all grass and in the past I have had bookings cancelled due to stress of weather. Having spent considerable sums on the refurb of that site this year, including the installation of hard standings, I find that it s still closing at the end of this month. No chance, therefore, of any return on CAMC's investment in such facilities. It just shows the total lack of joined up thinking in anything CAMC touches. I shall be availing myself of the facilities offered by "the other lot" which will doubtless be cheaper than CAMC would have been as well.

Posted on 25/10/2022 16:47

Au contraire Cyberyacht.

Morn Hill affectively consists of two sites joined together to form one. One half is all grass pitches with its own toilet block and the other half also has its own toilet block but is where the new ferry pitches and hardstandings are located. This enables the Club to open the side with hardstandings all year when occupancy is low and close the other half until Spring.

This is therefore a very good example of joined up thinking.Sorry to disappoint you!

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 16:49

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:56 by KjellNN

Have now checked Junk.....nothing there.

I suppose it depends on what they are asking about.  If it is about stays on Club sites, then fair enough, we have not used any in the  last year.

I could however tell them why we have not used any!

Posted on 25/10/2022 16:49

They did ask how many nights last year on CAMC, other club, commercials, CL’s, wild camping, pub stops etc. Also how many planned for 2023. So I wouldn’t think you would have to have used a club site to get one. 

janeynic replied on 25/10/2022 17:00

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:00

Have been a member for almost 20 years. Have no bookings at the moment as we book as and when we feel like it. Just looking to make my first booking on the new system for late November or early December and I have to say I'm not a fan of this new booking system. I'm not a technophobe and can usually quickly get to grips with booking systems, but I feel this one is inferior to the previous one. I've not been able to find anything so will just play it safe with a site I know already fits the bill, though it would be nice if I could find something new. I was also annoyed that if you scroll down the months you can't see what day of the week the dates fall on without scrolling back up, or in my case having my calendar open on my phone! Bloody stupid to omit such simple things.

brue replied on 25/10/2022 17:05

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:03 by Takethedogalong

Brue says…..And I'm also experiencing this week what happens when Covid strikes just before a pre-booked holiday.

Hope things are ok Brue. Shame if you have to miss a tour.

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:05

Thanks TDA, complications due to family getting Covid at the 11th hour with site booked etc.

PS no survey here either, are you and SteveL the only ones? wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook