New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 12:40

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:14 by Dawn F

How do you get the Autumn Survey?  I have never seen one or completed one but would be very interested this time with all the changes the club are making on my behalf and allegedly to improve my membership?

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:40

I have never apart from booking acceptance emails received anything from this club ?I get   regular emails from the ccclaughing

Hja replied on 25/10/2022 13:00

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:40 by JVB66

I have never apart from booking acceptance emails received anything from this club ?I get   regular emails from the ccclaughing

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:00

My preferences are set to receive emails and I certainly receive marketing emails. Just received one that invited me get an insurance quote in order to be put in a draw for prizes. BUT I haven’t received the Autumn survey. We have only stayed one night on a club site this year (plenty of CLs ) so maybe the survey only goes to those who make extensive use of club sites. If so, a very warped set of results will be the outcome. You need to hear from those who don’t use your services as well as those that do.

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 13:02

Posted on 24/10/2022 20:27 by SteveL

Click late availability.

input site name

click search

when the site comes up

click check availability

select pitch type

scroll through the calendar.

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:02

I always thought the point with the late availability section was that, if you decided that you wanted a last minute break, you could look at which sites had availability and when, then choose the one you fancied to use?  And when.

Not that you first had to decide where you wanted to go.......that site might not have vacancies.

Seems tedious to have to check several sites to find one that does have vacancies?

GEandGJE replied on 25/10/2022 13:06

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:41 by JVB66

Fixes? To make a booking there are seven!!! videos so far from this club? To assist members ? 

And if this website alone with many new posters all of the same voice then it is definitely the majority of members 

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:06

Oh Dear

The club has nearly a million members and this thread of 1,450 posts have been made and I'm being generous as I'm not going to count them all, about 400 unique contributors so there is no way that you can claim it represents the majority of members.

What you can claim is that it represents the views of the majority of CT contributors.  

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 13:09

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:14 by Dawn F

How do you get the Autumn Survey?  I have never seen one or completed one but would be very interested this time with all the changes the club are making on my behalf and allegedly to improve my membership?

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:09

It was emailed to me. My email preferences are not to receive very much, but I thought this would go out to all Members. So, it might be wait to receive. Lots of opportunities to give feedback on things.🤭 It’s Market Research, what do you like/dislike, use/not use, would you recommend/ not recommend, etc…..

Dont forget to check your Junk Mail, occasionally I get stuff from Club that goes straight to Junk Mail.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 13:15

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:06 by GEandGJE

Oh Dear

The club has nearly a million members and this thread of 1,450 posts have been made and I'm being generous as I'm not going to count them all, about 400 unique contributors so there is no way that you can claim it represents the majority of members.

What you can claim is that it represents the views of the majority of CT contributors.  

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:15

It hasn’t got a million fee paying Members. Lead Member and Club quoted Member figures are two different things, unless you are counting all the child “Members”.

If it was a straight show of hands amongst those interested, I would say the “Have the Club made things worse” group might just edge it🤣🤣 Via any form of feedback you choose🤷‍♀️😉

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 13:15

Oh Dear

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:15

Then of course it is not the only this website with members showing real anger at the system that replaced very user friendly booking system 

And it was posted on another thread that although only 13 members answered it was the majority? Vote on a survey that was carried forward?

It matters not a jot what spin you try to say about the membership and the new system it is still a very poor replacement for what went before 

brue replied on 25/10/2022 13:16

Posted on 25/10/2022 11:47 by

Fine if you know where you want to be. For those of us who liked putting together last minute tours, using the Late Availability grid  - where, at a glance one could see, for example: two nights here; three nights there; a night en route - it’s not such a "simple" matter.

The Late Availability page suggests inputting just UK in the ‘location’ box. Tried it. No, doesn’t work. It demands a more narrow and precise location. And even then one has to laboriously click on each site in turn to see what nights are available.

Gone is the spontaneity of seeing vacancies and thinking, “Oh I hadn’t thought of that area, let’s give it a try.”

Looking to see what’s on offer over the next three weeks has become a tedious task: I gave up.

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:16

Yes browsing has gone and in it's place is just an awkward booking system still with no site directions and on smaller devices partially visible wobbly maps.

For CLs a search list appears with only twenty sites in alphabetical order which in lucky circumstances might reach E and is totally inadequate. I wonder how CL owners feel, especially the ones from E-Z?!

I felt very concerned earlier on when my deposit was taken twice, that took a few days to fix. I wasn't the only one. Since then I'm bemused why this site passed muster at HO.

Yes I can make a booking, it requires previous knowledge of sites gleaned from the old system.

Totally agree with you Deleted User.

And I'm also experiencing this week what happens when Covid strikes just before a pre-booked holiday.

Incidentally how many new members will know the work arounds and use the search box first rather than enter straight into the booking box which pops up everywhere and distracts from browsing?

Tinwheeler replied on 25/10/2022 13:20

Oh Dear

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:20

Don’t forget those posting similar views on the likes of FB and TP who will increase the numbers. 

I think the million members is made up of family members of 300k+ membership packages but, even so, we will likely never know whether the views expressed are those of the majority or not.

eurortraveller replied on 25/10/2022 13:20

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:20

There are more sites and situations for caravans and motorhomes to stay across the UK than there ever were.

The quality as well as the choice is greater than it ever was..

The sites are easier to locate and contact then ever before now we have the amazing power of the internet at our finger tips and mobile phones in our pockets.

There’s a whole fistful of websites, reviews, photographs and search engines to assist. It isn’t hard.

And yet some people complain and say they don’t know where they want to go.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook