New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

KjellNN replied on 25/10/2022 13:23

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:09 by Takethedogalong

It was emailed to me. My email preferences are not to receive very much, but I thought this would go out to all Members. So, it might be wait to receive. Lots of opportunities to give feedback on things.🤭 It’s Market Research, what do you like/dislike, use/not use, would you recommend/ not recommend, etc…..

Dont forget to check your Junk Mail, occasionally I get stuff from Club that goes straight to Junk Mail.

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:23

I have not had anything from the Club for years, so thought I had better check in case I had requested no contact, but no........I am set for receiving all sorts of info, marketing and research by e mail, yet have had nothing. 

Had not thought to check junk box!

brue replied on 25/10/2022 13:23

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:23

Funnily enough Euror when everyone pays a membership fee it tends to sharpen up the mind about what is on offer from the "club" which asks for the fee.....wink

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 13:42

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:23 by KjellNN

I have not had anything from the Club for years, so thought I had better check in case I had requested no contact, but no........I am set for receiving all sorts of info, marketing and research by e mail, yet have had nothing. 

Had not thought to check junk box!

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:42

My junk mail is emptyundecided

replied on 25/10/2022 13:48

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:16 by brue

Yes browsing has gone and in it's place is just an awkward booking system still with no site directions and on smaller devices partially visible wobbly maps.

For CLs a search list appears with only twenty sites in alphabetical order which in lucky circumstances might reach E and is totally inadequate. I wonder how CL owners feel, especially the ones from E-Z?!

I felt very concerned earlier on when my deposit was taken twice, that took a few days to fix. I wasn't the only one. Since then I'm bemused why this site passed muster at HO.

Yes I can make a booking, it requires previous knowledge of sites gleaned from the old system.

Totally agree with you WayTwoGo.

And I'm also experiencing this week what happens when Covid strikes just before a pre-booked holiday.

Incidentally how many new members will know the work arounds and use the search box first rather than enter straight into the booking box which pops up everywhere and distracts from browsing?

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:48

The user and all related content has been deleted

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 14:03

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:03

Brue says…..And I'm also experiencing this week what happens when Covid strikes just before a pre-booked holiday.

Hope things are ok Brue. Shame if you have to miss a tour.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 14:09

Posted on 25/10/2022 13:42 by JVB66

My junk mail is emptyundecided

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:09

Is it empty because you have Deleted User everything not wanted into Delete Bin, or empty because you are not getting anything into it at all? (Trying to help JV, there is a difference)

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 14:36

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:11 by Takethedogalong

If all I booked was four nights a year, at home, around a year in advance AD, I wouldn't worry either. Your enjoyment comes further away, outside Club realms. So you might have missed the point of why some of us are less than pleased at the current situation, as our tours and arrangements are entirely different.👍

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:36

We book considerably more than 4 nights TDA and I honestly can’t see that there is a significant problem. Not on an iPad with a reasonable broadband link at any rate. True it doesn’t work as it should, but it is useable even for CL’s. We don’t use CL’s but I had a go at finding a few in the same way I would look for a site. If putting a tour together, I would be looking at a specific area of the country. Using the map it is very easy to centre it on your area of interest and click on any CL’s close to where you want to be. Personally I would forget about trying to generate lists, that just doesn’t work at the moment. OK we should be able to request a filtered list in an area of our choice, but in the meantime the system is perfectly useable, although you will have to access each CL to check if it matches your requirements. 

peedee replied on 25/10/2022 14:46

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:51 by SteveL

I’ve no idea what extra is only available on a desktop. So far I’ve only used it on an iPad, mainly when out and about. After the first few very fraught days, I  have had no major problems searching for sites, booking, amending, finding how to leave a review, accessing directions to site and finding late availability. The manner of release was diabolical and the site is far from perfect, but they do seem to be trying to sort it. Given it’s the CAMC, I think we all realise this will be a long drawn out affair.

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:46

I have used it at home both on a tablet and desktop and also when out and about from a CL and from a commercial site on free WiFi and via 4G and have also had no major problems. The web site is fine gives no problem at all but it is a different matter with the App on Android on a phone, absolutely useless. I assume that most of the problems are occurring with the latter?????

peedee

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 15:06

Posted on 25/10/2022 14:09 by Takethedogalong

Is it empty because you have deleted everything not wanted into Delete Bin, or empty because you are not getting anything into it at all? (Trying to help JV, there is a difference)

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:06

Nothing has appeared in the junc to delete surprised

Amesford replied on 25/10/2022 15:26

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:26

Just looking at the new forest centenary site I see that a non awning grass pitch with electric in mid September is a £1 a night dearer than a serviced pitch ? 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook