New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 25/10/2022 17:29

Posted on 25/10/2022 12:11 by Takethedogalong

If all I booked was four nights a year, at home, around a year in advance AD, I wouldn't worry either. Your enjoyment comes further away, outside Club realms. So you might have missed the point of why some of us are less than pleased at the current situation, as our tours and arrangements are entirely different.đź‘Ť

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:29

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

huskydog replied on 25/10/2022 17:59

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:59

Right then , I have just made a booking for next year and I can’t see what the problem is , yes, there are a few more box’s to tick and it’s a bit slower to go to the next page . I had no problems with paying the deposit.

i think some are just moaning for the sake of it ,because it’s different surprised

TimboC replied on 25/10/2022 18:05

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:59 by huskydog

Right then , I have just made a booking for next year and I can’t see what the problem is , yes, there are a few more box’s to tick and it’s a bit slower to go to the next page . I had no problems with paying the deposit.

i think some are just moaning for the sake of it ,because it’s different surprised

Posted on 25/10/2022 18:05

Ooohhh...Cat/Pigeons!!

When I posted something similar I was accused of being 'belittling and unhelpful'

Welcome to the dark side đź‘Ť

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 18:06

Posted on 25/10/2022 18:06

That is what some others have said one booking is very slow and is possible,,it is when anything over and above that is when it gets completely not user friendly undecided

Thehappycaravanners replied on 25/10/2022 18:06

Posted on 25/10/2022 18:06

I think has time goes by things are getting easier but not yet as good has it should be, I to have made booking for next year as I have to plan around work, we all don’t have the convenience of leaving till nearer the time. The site search is hit and miss on the map, sites show as full until you zoom right in on a potential site.

peedee replied on 25/10/2022 19:24

Posted on 25/10/2022 19:24

Yes browsing has gone

I don't think so, it is easy enough to drag the map around and see where sites are and whether there are pitches available. If I was planning a multi site tour using Club sites I would use this method to identify sites and to decide where to stay.

peedee

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 19:42

Posted on 25/10/2022 17:29 by

Can I ask where 4 nights year came from? Thinking back I don't think I have ever done 4 nights, sometimes less and in the dire 20-21 years it added up to over 50 (probably more than you)

This year its been 2 and next year I have 1 booked so I have to say I rather resent the tone of your post. . My point was and is its not worth getting angry about.

BTW

Just as an exercise I have just made a swift Morn Hill test booking no problem at all

Posted on 25/10/2022 19:42

I wasn’t looking for an argument AD, far from it🤷‍♀️ So you are perhaps misreading the “tone” of my post. I sometimes think it wouldn’t matter what I posted, you would choose to misread or misunderstand it, but perhaps I am mistaken myself🤷‍♀️

To simplify, I answered based on your (usually) very frugal use of either Club Site nights, or CL Site nights, and unless I am mistaken, you book these from home, with a good home based wifi signal, quite a while in advance? Nothing to get frustrated about with the new bookings platform, I agree.

Contrast this with someone like us, who might average four or five different CLs per month, often booked while on the road with an occasionally dubious wifi signal, often at the very last moment, because we tour reasonably spontaneously, and you get to see how different and annoying the new bookings platform is for folks like us. What was easy before 12th September, has now become something much more time consuming and frustrating via the website we subscribe to use.

I hope this clarifies how we tour differently, and indicates to others that how much you get annoyed with what the Club has done might be driven by which bits they have spoilt badly, as opposed to which bits are working albeit clunkingly for infrequent users or those who use only Club Sites.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 19:50

Posted on 25/10/2022 15:06 by JVB66

Nothing has appeared in the junc to delete surprised

Posted on 25/10/2022 19:50

That is very strange JV, it’s unlikely that you would have an empty Junk Mail in box. It where all the useless stuff usually ends up, leaving you to go through it, sifting out odd pearls from useless pebbles. Might be to do with how your email account is set up. 

Re the survey, it’s definitely not related to Club Site usage. Our annual nights, I usually only need 10 fingers! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook