New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 09:09

Posted on 25/10/2022 08:53 by cyberyacht

DK mentioned the ability for sites to remain open for a longer season when Hard Standings are installed. Morn Hill was, IIRC, previously all grass and in the past I have had bookings cancelled due to stress of weather. Having spent considerable sums on the refurb of that site this year, including the installation of hard standings, I find that it s still closing at the end of this month. No chance, therefore, of any return on CAMC's investment in such facilities. It just shows the total lack of joined up thinking in anything CAMC touches. I shall be availing myself of the facilities offered by "the other lot" which will doubtless be cheaper than CAMC would have been as well.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:09

Morn Hill shows as open all year on the booking website and displays prices for pitches beyond the 7th of November if  you select hardstanding. The default setting on entry into the site seems to be grass, which perhaps isn’t the best as hardstandings are more popular.

Of course the booking site might be in error, it has been known.😂

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 09:21

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:16 by nelliethehooker

Why should members have to keep coming up with solution for searches when all this was readily available on the old system? It is bad enough for club sites, regardless of what some say, but it is a utter failure as CLs are concerned, without using methods as described by tda and others. Not what one should be getting from a multi million pound company.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:21

I so agree' , the more that members find ways of making this totally unacceptable system work for the it competent of the membership the less chance of a system that is user friendly for the manysurprised

There are now Seven video workrounds from this club it is now well beyond a jokeyell

GEandGJE replied on 25/10/2022 09:32

Posted on 24/10/2022 21:58 by nelliethehooker

What a load of utter rubbish. Those at NO are definitely not listening to what the majority think. Just another bit of PR gobbledgoop.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:32

Sorry Nellie but do you really think that the views put forward on CT represent the majority of the club. Yes I agree that the rollout of the new system has been flawed but the club has been listening otherwise the fixes wouldn't have happened.

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 09:41

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:32 by GEandGJE

Sorry Nellie but do you really think that the views put forward on CT represent the majority of the club. Yes I agree that the rollout of the new system has been flawed but the club has been listening otherwise the fixes wouldn't have happened.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:41

Fixes? To make a booking there are seven!!! videos so far from this club? To assist members ? 

And if this website alone with many new posters all of the same voice then it is definitely the majority of members 

heddlo replied on 25/10/2022 09:41

Why should members have to keep coming up with solution for searches when all this was readily available on the old system? It is bad enough for club sites, regardless of what some say, but it is a utter failure as CLs are concerned, without using methods as described by tda and others. Not what one should be getting from a multi million pound company.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:41

Quite agree Nellie.  Even the ‘workarounds’ aren’t that easy to use!  Reading on Facebook (where they do reply to comments) a lot of things are only available on a desktop - so useless if you’re away!!!! 

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 09:51

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:41 by heddlo

Quite agree Nellie.  Even the ‘workarounds’ aren’t that easy to use!  Reading on Facebook (where they do reply to comments) a lot of things are only available on a desktop - so useless if you’re away!!!! 

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:51

I’ve no idea what extra is only available on a desktop. So far I’ve only used it on an iPad, mainly when out and about. After the first few very fraught days, I  have had no major problems searching for sites, booking, amending, finding how to leave a review, accessing directions to site and finding late availability. The manner of release was diabolical and the site is far from perfect, but they do seem to be trying to sort it. Given it’s the CAMC, I think we all realise this will be a long drawn out affair.

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2022 09:57

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:51 by SteveL

I’ve no idea what extra is only available on a desktop. So far I’ve only used it on an iPad, mainly when out and about. After the first few very fraught days, I  have had no major problems searching for sites, booking, amending, finding how to leave a review, accessing directions to site and finding late availability. The manner of release was diabolical and the site is far from perfect, but they do seem to be trying to sort it. Given it’s the CAMC, I think we all realise this will be a long drawn out affair.

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:57

You are so right about "a long drawn out affair" how long have we had to put up with CTs inadequacy surprised

It seems you need good internet connection to get any sort of getting it to work?(I say that very loosely)

SteveL replied on 25/10/2022 10:16

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:57 by JVB66

You are so right about "a long drawn out affair" how long have we had to put up with CTs inadequacy surprised

It seems you need good internet connection to get any sort of getting it to work?(I say that very loosely)

Posted on 25/10/2022 10:16

I would agree with that, when out and about site WiFi of 1 / 2 mbs made it very slow and the map almost impossible to access. At 5 / 7 mbs at the fringes of 4G reception it was adequate, although the map still a bit clunky. Anything above that was OK.

DavidKlyne replied on 25/10/2022 10:38

Posted on 25/10/2022 10:38

It depends which way you look at it. What is more important, being able to book the site you want and move on and enjoy your time away or constantly being angry with a far from perfect system? Those suggesting work rounds are just trying to help their fellow members. I have yet to use the new system to make a booking but when I do a dummy run it all seems simple enough to me. I just put the site I am interested in in the search box at the top right of the page and it takes be directly to booking page for that site, which seem fairly simple to me. 

David

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2022 10:45

Posted on 25/10/2022 09:32 by GEandGJE

Posted on 25/10/2022 10:45

Flawed🤣🤣 It beggar’s belief just how much worse it could have been.

There are some of us out there that still value efficiency, effectiveness and clear honest communications, in all aspects of our lives. Those that don’t mind watering down of standards can happily wallow in whatever mire floats there outfit sufficiently to creep onwards. Some of us expect and want more…… 🤷‍♀️☹️

DK, you and a lot of others simply want the Club Sites for 99% of your bookings. Nothing wrong with that, but the Club have damaged the booking ability of those of us who predominantly use CLs greatly, taking something that was very easy, and giving us a regurgitated dog’s dinner of a mess to wade through. I suspect the majority of CL Owners are less than impressed by HQ as well. Six weeks from launch, and things are still difficult at times. It speaks volumes when using the handbook is better than the website. But HQ appear deaf at times, certainly those who make decisions. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook