New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

axl replied on 24/10/2022 19:30

Posted on 24/10/2022 19:30

Use late availability a nd it still does not work! using commercial sites at the moment! Sort it out!

axl replied on 24/10/2022 19:35

Posted on 24/10/2022 19:35

Just had another try, nothing happens when I follow instructions, late availability, click search and book, nothing!

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 20:27

Posted on 24/10/2022 19:35 by axl

Just had another try, nothing happens when I follow instructions, late availability, click search and book, nothing!

Posted on 24/10/2022 20:27

Click late availability.

input site name

click search

when the site comes up

click check availability

select pitch type

scroll through the calendar.

axl replied on 24/10/2022 20:52

Posted on 24/10/2022 20:52

You are just making peeps very angry with these changes! No regard for the average age of the membership! Using commercial sites at the moment and seriously considering quitting!

eurortraveller replied on 24/10/2022 21:07

Posted on 24/10/2022 19:35 by axl

Posted on 24/10/2022 21:07

Which site do you want to book? 

nelliethehooker replied on 24/10/2022 21:58

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:00 by Rowena

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. It was great to see so many of you at the Club stand during the Motorhome and Caravan Show last week!

We would like to thank you all for your patience with the new booking system. We're continually listening to member feedback and we are now providing regular updates of fixes made and upcoming fixes on our website. 

To read the fixes, learn more about the new system or to watch how to videos, follow the link: Booking Experience

Posted on 24/10/2022 21:58

What a load of utter rubbish. Those at NO are definitely not listening to what the majority think. Just another bit of PR gobbledgoop.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/10/2022 22:16

Posted on 24/10/2022 20:27 by SteveL

Click late availability.

input site name

click search

when the site comes up

click check availability

select pitch type

scroll through the calendar.

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:16

Why should members have to keep coming up with solution for searches when all this was readily available on the old system? It is bad enough for club sites, regardless of what some say, but it is a utter failure as CLs are concerned, without using methods as described by tda and others. Not what one should be getting from a multi million pound company.

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 22:24

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:16 by nelliethehooker

Why should members have to keep coming up with solution for searches when all this was readily available on the old system? It is bad enough for club sites, regardless of what some say, but it is a utter failure as CLs are concerned, without using methods as described by tda and others. Not what one should be getting from a multi million pound company.

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:24

I quite agree nellie, it’s a very poor state of affairs and things should work better. However, currently they don’t and work arounds do exist. We have the option to use them or not. Personally I want to carry on using the sites, even if at a lower rate than previously. Therefore until, or if, they sort things out they are the best option.

Cornersteady replied on 24/10/2022 22:31

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:24 by SteveL

I quite agree nellie, it’s a very poor state of affairs and things should work better. However, currently they don’t and work arounds do exist. We have the option to use them or not. Personally I want to carry on using the sites, even if at a lower rate than previously. Therefore until, or if, they sort things out they are the best option.

Posted on 24/10/2022 22:31

+1

I've stated my views clearly on the new system and the way it was introduced many, many, pages ago, but I do want to use club sites and therefore have to use the system as it is now and hope it will improve. 

I've noticed that certain errors on my bookings have been resolved but I have booked fewer sites compared to previous times and only have only booked the 'must haves' and will leave others till they either become must have or the system improves.    

cyberyacht replied on 25/10/2022 08:53

Posted on 25/10/2022 08:53

DK mentioned the ability for sites to remain open for a longer season when Hard Standings are installed. Morn Hill was, IIRC, previously all grass and in the past I have had bookings cancelled due to stress of weather. Having spent considerable sums on the refurb of that site this year, including the installation of hard standings, I find that it s still closing at the end of this month. No chance, therefore, of any return on CAMC's investment in such facilities. It just shows the total lack of joined up thinking in anything CAMC touches. I shall be availing myself of the facilities offered by "the other lot" which will doubtless be cheaper than CAMC would have been as well.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook