New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Jerry Evans replied on 24/10/2022 13:52

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:52

Getting frustrated with the new format of the web page , this must have been designed by the rival club to annoy members.

EmilysDad replied on 24/10/2022 13:54

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:00 by Rowena

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. It was great to see so many of you at the Club stand during the Motorhome and Caravan Show last week!

We would like to thank you all for your patience with the new booking system. We're continually listening to member feedback and we are now providing regular updates of fixes made and upcoming fixes on our website. 

To read the fixes, learn more about the new system or to watch how to videos, follow the link: Booking Experience

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:54

surely all those 'fixes' should've been sorted before the new system went live 🤐

Tinwheeler replied on 24/10/2022 13:56

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:52 by Jerry Evans

Getting frustrated with the new format of the web page , this must have been designed by the rival club to annoy members.

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:56

No, that’s silly. It's just the usual low standard of IT we've come to expect in CAMC.

You don’t say what is frustrating you but people have posted solutions to a variety of issues.

Jerry Evans replied on 24/10/2022 14:06

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:06

It may seem silly to you, all I want is to type in an area and see cl,s . I thought I was computer savvy but it seems not

Takethedogalong replied on 24/10/2022 14:10

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:10

Ok , now we know the problem, here is a partial solution.

Click on Find a campsite

click on Certificated Locations

Scroll down to individual Countries (England, Scotland, etc) click on Country

Choose a County, Choose a town, choose a CL

Longwinded, but easiest method at the moment.

JVB66 replied on 24/10/2022 14:11

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:54 by EmilysDad

surely all those 'fixes' should've been sorted before the new system went live 🤐

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:11

The IT department chief? under pressure?from his team ,should have stood up to whoever thought that a new cobbled together system , that although not user friendly they were instructed to implement  after several false starts and hope without much chance that it would be acceptable undecided

When they were already under pressure to make   and it seems failing , to get the original website in several places to worksurprised

Tinwheeler replied on 24/10/2022 14:15

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:06 by Jerry Evans

It may seem silly to you, all I want is to type in an area and see cl,s . I thought I was computer savvy but it seems not

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:15

It wasn’t you finding the system difficult that I found silly but your suggestion of it being designed by C&CC.

As TDA says, now you’ve given detail of the particular issue, help is at hand.

Thanks for that, TDA. 👍🏻

Hja replied on 24/10/2022 15:24

Posted on 24/10/2022 14:10 by Takethedogalong

Ok , now we know the problem, here is a partial solution.

Click on Find a campsite

click on Certificated Locations

Scroll down to individual Countries (England, Scotland, etc) click on Country

Choose a County, Choose a town, choose a CL

Longwinded, but easiest method at the moment.

Posted on 24/10/2022 15:24

But this is of no use if you are looking for a site near county borders. Also you may well need to look under several towns. Using a map of sites that easily identifies possible sites and then allows you to access full details is the way this should operate. Until it does the site is not fit for purpose. Whilst we may need to use work arounds for our own benefit we must not let the club think these are solutions.

Navigateur replied on 24/10/2022 15:26

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:42 by SteveL

If those who would normally go on grass opt for HS at booking, making the transition free on arrival wouldn’t help those who couldn’t book a HS because they were all taken and went elsewhere. Therefore increasing the number of HS is a logical development. If the CC get left with unused grass on a regular basis, I’m sure it will happen, if allowed by planning / lease conditions.

Posted on 24/10/2022 15:26

Having an excuse to make more and more pitches hard is exactly what the "Club" is looking for. And now having so many members who have a motor caravan is a further excuse. Not at all to my liking as I wish to pitch my caraven at one site for a number of days, so the surroundings and view are of sizeable importance, more important than the pitch surface as I am equiped to cope with most.

I have stayed on "hard" surface pitches that were flooded, so picking a pitch type in advance is no guarantee of anything.

JVB66 replied on 24/10/2022 15:32

Posted on 24/10/2022 15:26 by Navigateur

Having an excuse to make more and more pitches hard is exactly what the "Club" is looking for. And now having so many members who have a motor caravan is a further excuse. Not at all to my liking as I wish to pitch my caraven at one site for a number of days, so the surroundings and view are of sizeable importance, more important than the pitch surface as I am equiped to cope with most.

I have stayed on "hard" surface pitches that were flooded, so picking a pitch type in advance is no guarantee of anything.

Posted on 24/10/2022 15:32

There are numerous hardstands' at the open all year part of FM that flood( I bet they were well under water after yesterday's rainsurprised) And there is a notice  on each pitch to make members aware

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook