New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 12:25

Posted on 24/10/2022 11:21 by DSB

Personally, the new app doesn't suit me too well.... I find it a bit cumbersome.

1.  When I search for a site, I usually look over a wide geographical area.  If I put in a search, say for sites in England UK., it will only list the first 20 sites available, in alphabetical order.

2. Although I can now book a pitch surface type, I can't add pitch type to the filter, therefore, you have to go into the detail of the site to find out if there is a serviced pitch available.. .

3. Once I have gone 'into the detail' of a site, I can't find a way or returning to my original search results...  I have to start the search again from scratch...

If I have to go into the detail of each site, and them have to restart the search from scratch, I'm finding the easiest way of booking a serviced pitch is by using the list I did of serviced pitches here (https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/list-of-club-sites-with-full-serviced-pitches/) and check each one individually, close to the geographical area I'm looking at.  If I use the app, I end up by having to restart the search everytime anyway, so may just as well go straight to the site where I know there are serviced pitches and search that way......

David

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:25

David, although I find the search for an area very poor. More often that not including a lot of sites nowhere near, I can get back to the original search results, on an iPad at least. 
At the top of the availability pane is a close option. Press this and it takes you back to the site information pane. At the top of that is a back option, which returns me to the results of my original search.

For myself, we are generally looking at a specific area and I would use the map, which works well on the iPad. Although it would be much better if I  had the option to use the App in landscape. Then it would be possible to have the screen half map half information, rather than a thin slit of a map, or full page.

replied on 24/10/2022 12:33

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:33

Thanks Rowena and this is in no way directed towards you, but if I’ve got to take the time and effort to watch a video to be able to use a particular businesses booking system, then it’s definitely not fit for purpose! 😳 I’m the paying customer and it’s not up to me to conduct e-learning to give the club business 🙄 In my opinion, any line of business that does not have the customers ease of using the system in mind from the off, does not deserve the custom. The club seems to think they have the market cornered? 

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 12:37

Posted on 24/10/2022 11:51 by Navigateur

Having to choose "hard" or "soft" before arriving at the site to see what things look like is NOT an advantage.  It is a great disincentive to be forced onto a particular pitch type chosen blindly when much nicer pitches of the other variety are lying empty.

Reading loosly some of the above posts, to change pitch type will incur a charge of £27.

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:37

Personally I am in favour of such a charge. It will hopefully stop those who would prefer grass if the weather is right, booking a hardstanding just in case and then switching on arrival. That sort of carry on is going to lead to the club loosing bookings. I’m sure I am not the only one, who if I looked at availability and there was only grass, would go elsewhere.

DSB replied on 24/10/2022 12:39

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:25 by SteveL

David, although I find the search for an area very poor. More often that not including a lot of sites nowhere near, I can get back to the original search results, on an iPad at least. 
At the top of the availability pane is a close option. Press this and it takes you back to the site information pane. At the top of that is a back option, which returns me to the results of my original search.

For myself, we are generally looking at a specific area and I would use the map, which works well on the iPad. Although it would be much better if I  had the option to use the App in landscape. Then it would be possible to have the screen half map half information, rather than a thin slit of a map, or full page.

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:39

Thanks for that, Steve.  I'm using the app on an android phone....  Perhaps I've missed the button that takes you back to the original search.  I'll take another look later.... 

David

Hja replied on 24/10/2022 12:54

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:37 by SteveL

Personally I am in favour of such a charge. It will hopefully stop those who would prefer grass if the weather is right, booking a hardstanding just in case and then switching on arrival. That sort of carry on is going to lead to the club loosing bookings. I’m sure I am not the only one, who if I looked at availability and there was only grass, would go elsewhere.

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:54

On the contrary, I think more will opt for hs who would be happy on grass if weather is fine. The result will likely be more pressure on hs pitches and with a financial penalty to change pitches on arrival, will result in grass pitches being empty. This in turn increases the arguments for all pitches to be hs.

DSB replied on 24/10/2022 13:08

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:39 by DSB

Thanks for that, Steve.  I'm using the app on an android phone....  Perhaps I've missed the button that takes you back to the original search.  I'll take another look later.... 

David

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:08

Apologies, Steve....and everyone else.  I've found the back button.  I can return to my original search.  I was using the phone back button at the bottom of my screen rather than the app back button at the top of screen.  That makes my 3rd point null and void.  I'd still want to to search for availability of a surface type (including Serviced pitches), and get those results rather than have to check the availability of the pitch type of each individual site after getting the search rests.

Perhaps there is a way... and just haven't worked it out yet!

David

shillysue replied on 24/10/2022 13:31

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:31

The new system is woeful, it’s badly designed and the introduction of deposits is a mistake. I usually book a few sites but have been put off. I wonder if you’ll see a significant fallback now !

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 13:42

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:54 by Hja

On the contrary, I think more will opt for hs who would be happy on grass if weather is fine. The result will likely be more pressure on hs pitches and with a financial penalty to change pitches on arrival, will result in grass pitches being empty. This in turn increases the arguments for all pitches to be hs.

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:42

If those who would normally go on grass opt for HS at booking, making the transition free on arrival wouldn’t help those who couldn’t book a HS because they were all taken and went elsewhere. Therefore increasing the number of HS is a logical development. If the CC get left with unused grass on a regular basis, I’m sure it will happen, if allowed by planning / lease conditions.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/10/2022 13:51

Posted on 24/10/2022 12:33 by

Thanks Rowena and this is in no way directed towards you, but if I’ve got to take the time and effort to watch a video to be able to use a particular businesses booking system, then it’s definitely not fit for purpose! 😳 I’m the paying customer and it’s not up to me to conduct e-learning to give the club business 🙄 In my opinion, any line of business that does not have the customers ease of using the system in mind from the off, does not deserve the custom. The club seems to think they have the market cornered? 

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:51

If only it was one video. There are now seven videos explaining how to make various kinds of bookings, on a variety of devices. Hardly intuitive. 

EmilysDad replied on 24/10/2022 13:51

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:42 by SteveL

If those who would normally go on grass opt for HS at booking, making the transition free on arrival wouldn’t help those who couldn’t book a HS because they were all taken and went elsewhere. Therefore increasing the number of HS is a logical development. If the CC get left with unused grass on a regular basis, I’m sure it will happen, if allowed by planning / lease conditions.

Posted on 24/10/2022 13:51

C&CC seem to manage .. you're able to book a grass pitch with them rather than a patch of gravel.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook